[HOT] NEW MSI R9 290 4GB - $439.99 @tigerdirect (email promotion)

NoTrigger

Limp Gawd
Exact card: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8857306&sku=RSC-102288861&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2005-_-CatId_28_RSC-102288861&body=REVIEWS#CustomerReviewsBlock.

Those of you who are subscribed to Tigerdirect, check your emails.

Search your email for: Bitcoin Deal Update: $160 Off 4GB Radeon R9 290 Video Card | GTX750Ti w/ Games $149 | MidTower Case $19

You're redirected to tigerdirect and the price is adjusted when you click on the "optical drive deal update" picture in the email

Proof:
290_zpsa6ce79fb.png

I guess these are coming down to earth first because people are having problems with the Twin Frozr fans. I read one review that stated the oil actually leaked out of the fan and was flung all around the inside of the guy's computer case. Crazy but I dont have any idea if it's true. Certainly there is an issue with some of the fans, though; too many points on the graph.

I guess these are coming down to earth first because people are having problems with the Twin Frozr fans. I read one review that stated the oil actually leaked out of the fan and was flung all around the inside of the guy's computer case. Crazy but I dont have any idea if it's true. Certainly there is an issue with some of the fans, though; too many points on the graph.

I've seen a few of those oil reviews. So it might be a real issue.

Could always replace the fans. I ran a couple 120mm fans that were zip-tied to a passive cooler on a 8800 gt a few years ago. Didn't have any issues with it. Pain in the ass to zip tie though...

If I had to replace had to do something similar to that I would just measured out a long bolt and then used some nylon lock nuts. Maybe even use some blue locktite on the bolt if I was really paranoid it would vibrate loose.

the larger diameter fans make more sense than the tri-fan from a purely technical standpoint. Move more air. Haven't had any issues with temps on my trixx though. <shrug>

Back