Hot, Netgear AC1900 $89.97 Walmart B&M

Erebus

2[H]4U
Walmart has the Netgear AC1900 for $89.97. I believe this is an unlisted deal or a price mistake, but people on Slick Deals from across the country are reporting success. The shelf tag does NOT show this price, but it rings up at the lower price. These have been on sale recently for about $130 or so, so this is still a pretty hot deal. It's currently $169.99 at Amazon.

Might be worth a drive since it wasn't advertised and there is no indication it is on sale in store. My store had 2.

SmallNetBuilder ranking:

ranking_zps1eedcd07.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up three in Northern Nevada.

Thank you OP! I picked up a R7000 from Target just an hour ago for 169.99, swung by my near by Walmart at Morgan Hill, CA and snagged the last one up for 89.99 as soon as I saw your post! You just saved me $80 bucks, cheers!

You just saved me $80 bucks, cheers!

Awesome! I know! I was surfing SDeals and just about blew my drink out when I saw that price. Wasn't planning on buying anything this year during BF, but couldn't pass it up.

*Edit* Holy cow, this thing is giant lol. It's like the size of a PS4!

Bah, none in stock in my area according to the website. Good deal though.

You can do this online if you use the pickup in store option, once its in your cart it will show the 89.99 price.

You can do this online if you use the pickup in store option, once its in your cart it will show the 89.99 price.

A lot of people are having the order cancelled online.

The original deal was in store, so that is your best bet.

How does it compare to Asus rt-n66u?

better in my opinion. I found the N66u to be glitchy and eventually sold it. I've had an R6300, R6300v2, Asus n66u, buffalo AC something or rather, and a nighthawk r7000 and the nighthawk is by far my favorite. I bought a second one for bridge mode to replace my last R6300v2

Just went to my local Wally World and there were two Netgear R7000 AC1900 routers on the shelf. I grabbed them both, walked up to self checkout and scanned one; $89.97, bought em both. Killer un-announced Black Friday deal. Thanks OP!

My buddy (who is an Electronics manager for Walmart) texted me about this this morning.
I didn't really need a new router, but for the price, I had to...

He threw one in layaway for me after he got off-shift. :)

I've had my eye on this router, but trying to find it in stock online isn't working and I've been stuck at work all day. Maybe I'll luck out with 8 Wal-Mart stores in my area, but I'm doubtful since this has been active all day :(

Are you guys that are finding this in stock actually going to the stores or searching the inventory online.

Not showing any in stock at my local store. Maybe I should double check?

Go to the store. Online didn't show anything for me early last night when I first posted. Just found one in my local store for $89. Two salesguys were surprised at the price when they rang it up.

I wouldnt go to the sales guys. They might question the price and call a manager since they will likely know the price seems suspiciously low. I grabbed the last two they had and walked to the front of the store where regular checkout ladies work and I went through the self-checkout. The lady that was working there removed the security device and rang me up. She didnt have a clue if this was a good deal or not, which is why I went to those checkouts at the front.

Just left my local walmart they have there routers locked up.. just left with the last one they had..thanks OP..off to ebay my Asus goes.

Just made the front page of slickdeals, so this probably wont last long. Grab while you can!

Thanks, snagged the last one near me. Box was dented but I'll take my chances and return if it doesn't work.
Also was given some entertainment while in line, in the form of a disgruntled old man wielding a half eaten banana and cane, in a neck brace, yelling that he needed to be helped immediately before anyone who has been waiting in line because he needed a HDMI cable and didn't have time for this black Friday nonsense, was disabled, and has PTSD. A T-Mobile rep finally offered assistance and then the guy stated yelling how he was going to sue because he was trying to sell him the wrong cable... It wasn't Philips brand and he had a Philips TV.. Lol

Also was given some entertainment while in line, in the form of a disgruntled old man wielding a half eaten banana and cane, in a neck brace, yelling that he needed to be helped immediately before anyone who has been waiting in line because he needed a HDMI cable and didn't have time for this black Friday nonsense, was disabled, and has PTSD. A T-Mobile rep finally offered assistance and then the guy stated yelling how he was going to sue because he was trying to sell him the wrong cable... It wasn't Philips brand and he had a Philips TV.. Lol

Should of told him this only occurs with Sony TV's.

I'm kind of router noob, if this is so, what would the significance of that be?

Almost nothing. The WRT has more antennas which allows a slightly higher gain for better range, it's slightly faster but more importantly the wrt model supports open standards like tomato and dd-wrt.

So this is a night hawk edition and not the WRT correct?
Almost nothing. The WRT has more antennas which allows a slightly higher gain for better range, it's slightly faster but more importantly the wrt model supports open standards like tomato and dd-wrt.

The "WRT" edition you are talking about isn't a Netgear product, its a Linksys product. There is no "WRT" edition of the Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk, which is what this thread is about. Just trying to be concise to avoid confusion.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The "WRT" edition you are talking about isn't a Netgear product, its a Linksys product. There is no "WRT" edition of the Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk, which is what this thread is about. Just trying to be concise to avoid confusion.

Although I may be off, I believe that this router does work with open source firmware like Tomato.

FWIW I checked a local Walmart and found it. Price was listed as 199, but I checked at one of those scanners in the store and it was 89. Bought it. If I'm wrong on opensource firmware, I might sell it, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Oops sorry, lack of sleep.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Although I may be off, I believe that this router does work with open source firmware like Tomato.

You are correct, one can load custom firmware on the Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk. However there is not a "WRT" edition as asked about/implied above.

Snagged one up at my local wally world, they had quite a few left since I'm in redneck north Idaho. Wasn't totally in the market for a new router, but at this price with these features you cannot go wrong! Thanks OP!

Also, setup was a breeze, had it up and running and all configured within 15 minutes of opening the box!

Mine has four in Stock but they can't find them. So one want to pick one up for me?

Missed the last one by a minute. Saw the guy checking out with the last one.

Back