[HOT] Muir Glen Crushed Tomatoes 28 oz x 6 @ $10.74

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
Walmart is offering the $10.74 deal on 6 packs of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes. This is a steal as it's < $2 a can which is cheapest I've seen it online or in store. Unfortunately even with free shipping, doesn't appear this is offered in all areas, so YMMV.

Thanks.

No HDMI. Thumbs down.

That said, a 12 pack of Costco Kirkland diced tomatos (I know not exactly the same thing) is just about the same price. But yes, you have to have a costco membership, which I do.

Are these tomatoes binned? Can you overclock the 28 oz. cans to 30 oz.?

No HDMI. Thumbs down.

That said, a 12 pack of Costco Kirkland diced tomatos (I know not exactly the same thing) is just about the same price. But yes, you have to have a costco membership, which I do.
Make my own marinara and have used many different tomato brands and products. That said Muir Glen [Fire Roasted specifically] Crushed Tomatoes are my go to. Also have a Costco membership and purchase their tomato sauce and paste which is good stuff, but diced tomatoes != crushed tomatoes, and pureeing most US brands of tomatoes is likely not to work out as they use calcium chloride to stabilize the texture of the canned tomatoes, and there is more water in canned whole tomatoes. Could try 2 x 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes in a pan crushing them with a spoon or by hand, then adding in a 6 oz can of tomato paste to even out the extra liquid into puree/concentrate, but using diced tomatoes in the same way may not work as the skins are likely retained which would f-up the texture.

So I guess this isn't the forum to post up the insane deal on a commercial pasta extruding machine bought direct from Italy?

Think the Korean panels that were bought on eBay and how that reduction in monitor cost affected the market.

I know you're probably just kidding as much as I am, but I find it kind of ironic that you're probably talking to one of the biggest carnivores on this board with this statement.
That makes it even funnier. :p

This is my favorite thread of the week. Even though thats a really good deal on those tomatoes :)

New slogan, save your GPU money and buy a pasta extruder from Italy. Make fresh pasta from scratch and get more snatch than Brad Pitt.

Thanks. Ordered 1, will be available for pickup Thursday. I've always heard Muir Glen tomatoes are supposed to be awesome. I think I'll make pot of chili with these.

In for 5 cases. When making lasagna go through 4 cans at a time, so this should last a year.

If you want some good creamy tomato soup, mix one can + equal part heavy cream or half n half + [1.25 tsp ea] dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper + a couple heaping tbsp of honey. Good for a quick meal with grilled cheese, or you can add in 1 - 2 lbs crumbled cooked Italian sausage for my go to suga rosa.

Last edited:
Back