[HOT] Mount and Blade Collection Steam Weekend deal $7.50!!!

Shalafi

Fully [H]
Title says it all. Steam is offering Mount and Blade collection all bundled up for $7.50, this is a pretty good deal here. M & B is definitely one of the more unique series that have come out in quite a while. Even though the series itself is a few years old, if you haven't played these games, you owe it to yourself to check out a game series that isn't like the others out there. Expect Warband to be the best out of the three.

This bundle includes:

Mount and Blade (the original)
Mount and Blade: Warband (prolly the best in this series)
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword (weakest in the series)

If you do, enjoy it and leave some comments below.

If you already own it, comment on it as well, post what you liked or didn't like about it.

I've also heard there is a good Song of Ice and Fire mod for this game or Game of Thrones for those not familiar with the books.

I've also heard there is a good Song of Ice and Fire mod for this game or Game of Thrones for those not familiar with the books.

Consider it bought!

Awesome, my friends have been telling me about it for a while. thx.

what exactly is mount and blade anyway? is it like a skyrim type game?

If you go into it expecting that you would probably be disappointed. While it has some RPG aspects, it is essentially a medieval combat simulator. You have many different weapons at your disposal and can fight on foot or on horseback. There is also an overworld / city / economy management aspect, you can forge alliances, siege forts and castles, etc. It is a very good game, but is not really the lore and loot driven experience of a game like Skyrim. I'm sure there are youtube gameplay videos explaining the game a bit better than I have.

Warband is simply one of the best games I have ever played.

What's weird, the graphics were piss-poor, the sound was crap, the game was buggy (especially with mods) and the UI left a bit to be desired.

And yet it still managed to be an extremely re-playable and an extremely fun game.

It's simply so deep. Very few games took army management, RPG elements, economy management, strategy and action and pulled it into a single package. Each one of these aspects, although basic at it's core, was done very well.

It's a must have in every gamer's arsenal.

My .02.

I have been gaming for over 20 years and Warband consumed more hours of my life than any other game.

Forming an alliance and conquering the world, then breaking the alliance and taking over the entire kingdom was one of the most rewarding gaming accomplishments ever!

Fun game, there are some cool mods for it too like Full Invasion and Nord Invasion.

I've never played any of these...can I skip parts 1 and 3 and just buy Warband, or do I need part 1 to play it?

EDIT: "A standalone expansion game set in the Mount & Blade universe that does not require the original game in the series."

Last edited:
They are all stand alone games AFAIK. It seems like people mostly play Warband these days.

Anyone got a direct link to the Song of Fire and Ice mod? Or someone care to list the cooler mods?

Anyone got a direct link to the Song of Fire and Ice mod? Or someone care to list the cooler mods?

This mod was cancelled about a year ago and only has a very rough alpha build out there. The project was merged with the "The Game of Thrones" mod project which is still pre-alpha.

I have found the best mods at forums.taleworlds.com

I would recommend Warband especially at that price. I did enjoy the game but I also got bored after a couple of months and haven't gone back. I think the pacing was too slow for me.

I would recommend Warband especially at that price. I did enjoy the game but I also got bored after a couple of months and haven't gone back. I think the pacing was too slow for me.

It only feels slow in the beginning, to level up your character, build up an army and gain some "trust" from others. There's plenty of action later on. Perhaps even too much.

Putting in my 2 cents as someone who bought it. There's a demo (I recommend the warband one as that's what I've been playing) that you can use to try it out. There's no voice acting or anything fancy like that, the graphics look pretty dated, but it's really deep, and pretty well done. Managing your army is pretty awesome.

I still need to play my copy of fire and sword. I barely started it. It's for those who love mixing muskets, swords and arrows and such (though there are plenty of warband mods with guns too). If I understand correctly, Fire and Sword is more story driven than the previous two. Fire and Sword is mostly Warband + gunpowder, in a specifric setting and story, whereas the previous two are more sandboxy, am I right? I did notice some improvements that Fire and Sword had over Warband... but Warband is king.

Snagged this as it looked pretty epic. I love this time frame so I will probably put a rather large number of hours into it. Too bad it'll probably be 2 months before I get around to playing it.

I never got into the multiplayer scene. The modding scene is very good. When I first played the original I almost dropped it after 5 minutes... then I realized 5 hours had passed.

Anyone know if there are any "must have" add-ons or high res packs I should look for?

Last edited:
I picked it up over the weekend on the sale.

Getting ready for War of the Roses

Back