[HOT...?] Motospeed 104-key Outemu Blue RGB Mechanical Keyboard for $29.99

Mut1ny

[H]ard|Gawd
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X18XY4R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I say "HOT...?" because the $29.99 price is apparently the normal price for this on Amazon but I felt like this NEEDED to be poseted because the quality and features on this thing are RIDICULOUS!

First off are these awesome Outemu Blue switches. The quality seems every bit as good as my MX Blues but...I actually like these Outemu's better. The tactile and audible feedback from these switches are more pronounced and lead to a more enjoyable typing experience for me. According to many enthusiast sites these are actually pretty sought after switches for this reason. Definitely not "cheap" by any means...not Cherries (which apparently doesn't mean what it use too)...but should hold up no issue.

Secondly are the keycaps...ABS, sure, but DOUBLE SHOT ABS! It'll set ya back ~$25 just for a double shot set of caps alone! Was not expecting this and while the font isn't the best it oddly works and doesn't scream "GAMER!!!"...not subtle for sure, but it's laid back in it's own way. Certainly doesn't bother me.

Lastly it has a full aluminum back plate, the pop out legs to adjust angle have rubber feet on the bottom of them for better grip, the RGB is programmable and can have custom profiles along with the built in effects, comes with a keycap puller even!

I mean, look, $30 for a non-RGB standard cheap caps mechanical keyboard is a good deal. $30 with Prime for this thing with all it does? HOT DEAL!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In for 20.

J/k but I'm really tempted to pick up 2-3 for spares, gifts, etc.

If you had said PBT caps or Cherry switches my head would have done one of these:

852E084D-98EF-4544-862C-205873F6237B-25740-0000203CCA3C842E.jpeg

^Haha. 104 Cherry switches by themselves would run you more than $30. That would be stolen shipments territory.

Oh for sure, a board with Cherries at that price would have to be a price mistake or a liquidation sale or something.

Just to throw a couple of more options out there for anyone looking, in case blue switches or full size boards aren't your thing:

Here is a full size board with a much better font and brown tactile switches for $10 more. Here's the TKL version for $30.

Speaking of TKL boards, if you prefer that form factor, this one gets excellent reviews as well. Greetech switches that supposedly mimic Cherry Greens, although one reviewer said the resistance was closer to Blues. We personally have one of these Redragon keyboards in the household and although I don't use it I can vouch for its durability and value for the price.

Thanks OP, I'm seriously considering picking one of these up for the office and a couple as Christmas gifts. I knew that inexpensive mechanical boards existed but hadn't seen this one specifically.

What the hell, for $29 I'm not convinced on any quality aspects but I could use an extra keyboard for the test bench or whatever.... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

If you had said PBT caps or Cherry switches my head would have done one of these:

Oh come on, this is an excellent deal either way, definitely mind blowing (considering I own one and it's what I'm using now). As for the switches, as I said, these are every bit as good (if not better IMO) than the Cherry brand switches. Same goes for the caps...sure PBT is better, no doubt, but you still get nice feeling quality DS ABS caps for $29.99.

What the hell, for $29 I'm not convinced on any quality aspects but I could use an extra keyboard for the test bench or whatever.... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I'm convinced of the quality at this point. The caps are all nicely done and molded, the switches all work fine so far...no weird noises or unresponsiveness with any of them. The actual build quality seems pretty solid too. The aluminum plate is bolted down, the plastic case is nice and thick...there's very little flex in this thing. My Razer Blackwidow RGB wasn't as solid as this is (and it weighed like 3x as much).

So yeah, definitely no Ducky or anything like that, but if someone said they paid $90-100 for this I'd tend to believe them.

Dude. Bluetooth RGB mechanical? I love you..

Adding to mine as well! :)

Have to be careful with these. I've watched some reviews for the cheap Chinese BT mechanical keyboards and they all seem to suffer from input lag and low polling rates. Certainly, according to a lot of reviewers, not suitable for gaming or very fast typists. I wish they were better, believe me (who wouldn't want wireless???), but based on all I've read they seem to be best avoided.

Last edited:
Be careful with Outemu switches. They're not bad, by ANY means, in fact my wife has a board with them and I love them. BUT, sometimes they have ALPS stems, sometimes they have Cherry, and buying keycaps for ALPS stems can be a bitch sometimes.

Oh come on, this is an excellent deal either way, definitely mind blowing (considering I own one and it's what I'm using now). As for the switches, as I said, these are every bit as good (if not better IMO) than the Cherry brand switches. Same goes for the caps...sure PBT is better, no doubt, but you still get nice feeling quality DS ABS caps for $29.99.

I'm convinced of the quality at this point. The caps are all nicely done and molded, the switches all work fine so far...no weird noises or unresponsiveness with any of them. The actual build quality seems pretty solid too. The aluminum plate is bolted down, the plastic case is nice and thick...there's very little flex in this thing. My Razer Blackwidow RGB wasn't as solid as this is (and it weighed like 3x as much).

So yeah, definitely no Ducky or anything like that, but if someone said they paid $90-100 for this I'd tent to believe them.

Have to be careful with these. I've watched some reviews for the cheap Chinese BT mechanical keyboards and they all seem to suffer from input lag and low polling rates. Certainly, according to a lot of reviewers, not suitable for gaming or very fast typists. I wish they were better, believe me (who wouldn't want wireless???), but based on all I've read they seem to be best avoided.

Low polling rate and lag when in BT wireless mode as you predicted. Seems to work fine wired though.

this is an excellent deal either way

Agreed, which is why I said I'm very tempted to bite on this deal. :) PBT caps and Cherry MX switches were just wishful thinking on my part and would turn this [H]ot deal into a nuclear one, but it's just not realistic for $30-$40 as others have pointed out.

Good to know! And that video that cageymaru posted confirms it. That's too bad. I wish they would give you the option of increasing the polling rate at the expense of battery life. Still, it might be OK for casual use with a tablet or something. Maybe a good wireless one will come along eventually!

The second review seems kind of suspicious since the reviewer has a female name (Laura) but calls her/himself a colorblind man but in another review for a chinese(?) made hiking backpack the person mentions having a husband. While it's possible there really is a husband and he used his wife's amazon account to post the second comment on the keyboard, it's strange that the woman didn't give her own opinions of the keyboard.

The second review seems kind of suspicious since the reviewer has a female name (Laura) but calls her/himself a colorblind man but in another review for a chinese(?) made hiking backpack the person mentions having a husband. While it's possible there really is a husband and he used his wife's amazon account to post the second comment on the keyboard, it's strange that the woman didn't give her own opinions of the keyboard.
The other kb's mentioned in this thread have high quality reviews as rated by fakespot.com.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a tkl model except for the comments about smaller keys that are keeping my checkbook in my purse.

I would be very interested to get some [h]ardocpers reviews and comments on their $30 keyboards.

Last edited:
Only 2 reviews, both obviously faked.

Huh? How so? They both have pictures and the first review by "Turner D" is hardly some glowing recommendation citing no flaws. I mean, either way, trust them or me...it's a great keyboard and WELL worth the price.

My wife has prime on her account, I post reviews there, and it automatically goes under her name. Not saying it's not fake, just a rational explanation.

Only 2 reviews, both obviously faked.
But the other kb's mentioned in this thread have high quality reviews as rated by fakespot.com.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a tkl model except for the comments about smaller keys that are keeping my checkbook in my purse.

I would be very interested to get some [h]ardocpers reviews and comments on their $30 keyboards.

I'll probably pull the trigger on one tonight. I'll post my impressions.

i have this keyboard, bought from Amazon, but was $45 at the time. I like it quite a bit. Decent overall quality IMO. For $29 wow!!!! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. May have amazon price match this.

i have this keyboard, bought from Amazon, but was $45 at the time. I like it quite a bit. Decent overall quality IMO. For $29 wow!!!! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. May have amazon price match this.

Same here, I bought it when it was $45. I like it a lot and if I had found it at this price a month or so ago before I ordered the one I have, I would have bought it without thinking twice. Solid unit for sure, would buy again.

Thanks guys, that's enough of an endorsement for me. Just pulled the trigger on one, may have to get another couple if the price remains under $30 just so my friends can experience their first mechanical board (and RGB at that!!).

As an owner of this keyboard, I feel Like I should point out a few things...

First off are these awesome Outemu Blue switches. The quality seems every bit as good as my MX Blues but...I actually like these Outemu's better. The tactile and audible feedback from these switches are more pronounced and lead to a more enjoyable typing experience for me. According to many enthusiast sites these are actually pretty sought after switches for this reason. Definitely not "cheap" by any means...not Cherries...but definitely should hold up no issue.

Outemu switches are very similar to Cherry switches, but are less consistent. The force to actuate the key may not be the same between keys. I've also had an Outemu board develop really bad bounce where it would hit 2-3 times per press. This board has a different case casting then the effected board, so I'm hoping this won't crop up in the future.

Secondly are the keycaps...ABS, sure, but DOUBLE SHOT ABS! It'll set ya back $30 just for a double shot set of caps alone! Was not expecting this and while the font isn't the best it oddly works and doesn't scream "GAMER!!!"...not subtle for sure, but it's laid back in it's own way. Certainly doesn't bother me.

The caps are double shot, but also pad printed for the FN features. Expect that to rub off quickly.

Lastly it has a full aluminum back plate, the pop out legs to adjust angle have rubber feet on the bottom of them for better grip, the RGB is programmable and can have custom profiles along with the built in effects, comes with a keycap puller even!

I mean, look, $30 for a non-RGB standard cheap caps mechanical keyboard is a good deal. $30 with Prime for this thing with all it does? HOT DEAL!

The Aluminum back plate is flat stamped with no support bends. Its not particularly rigid. All the support is in the plastic bottom. The RGB is low feature. Usually you get 16.8k colors. This thing you can see it cycle colors. Its not smooth. There's no gradient in the picture. It just abruptly changes to the next color. I'm not sure where he got custom profiles. There are preset profiles, but know way to program each key individually as far as I know. Mine didn't include a keycap puller.
ek1nFot.jpg

However, at 30 bucks, its a steal. It was a good deal at 50 bucks earlier this month. Not trying to shit on parades, but I want you guys to have all the facts from someone who owns it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where he got custom profiles. There are preset profiles, but know way to program each key individually as far as I know.

Select one of the pre-configured profiles (fn+1-5). Then hit fn+HM (Home key) and the status lights (Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, etc) should start blinking and the board becomes blank. Press each key (you don't have to hold fn or anything, it's in programming mode now) until your desired color shows for each key. Press fn+HM again to save the setting for that profile.

Should work...this is just based on my memory but I played with it all day yesterday.

I have mine setup per key custom color setup. Yeah the colors are limited to 8 or 9 colors. Still a good keyboard for the $ IMO.

I have mine setup per key custom color setup. Yeah the colors are limited to 8 or 9 colors. Still a good keyboard for the $ IMO.

Yeah that was my overall point with this. Is it a Razer Blackwidow RGB? No...but is it $100 less with (I think) better build and switches? Bet your ass it is!

Bit on two for my wife and I. See how they go. My wife has an IBM clicky faux-mechanical currently. First true mechanicals and great price.

Just to give y'all a heads up:

Doubleshot ABS can be found for less than ten bucks:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Double...4-KeyCaps-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard/232169131467
Hell, doubleshot PBT can be found for less than fifteen bucks:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PBT-White-D...-Backlit-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/351831835142

Non-cherry mechanical keyboards regularly float in the $25-$35 range. The backlight is most of what makes this a particularly nice deal, but if you don't care about a backlight, don't feel like you need to immediately dive facefirst into this deal.

All that said -- this is a pretty nice deal, thanks for sharing!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Up to $31.49

I ordered another one for my son in case they go back up in price. Now shows 20 left in stock.

Select one of the pre-configured profiles (fn+1-5). Then hit fn+HM (Home key) and the status lights (Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, etc) should start blinking and the board becomes blank. Press each key (you don't have to hold fn or anything, it's in programming mode now) until your desired color shows for each key. Press fn+HM again to save the setting for that profile.

Should work...this is just based on my memory but I played with it all day yesterday.

Cool, I'll give that a try when I get home and edit my post if all goes well.

Cool, I'll give that a try when I get home and edit my post if all goes well.

That works. I was trying to do it with the FN key still pushed down, which is how I did it on my last two boards. If you release the FN key after the lock lights are flashing, it works.

This is a great board under 50 bucks.

Up again to $40.99

Bought at the right time, I did. :troll:

Still good buy I'm sure, but at $30 even sweeter!

Opened mine today (got it Friday) and just at a cursory glance I'm pretty impressed:

• Aluminum (or aluminum looking) backplate with keyswitches raised above it
  • Included a keycap puller!
  • Tactile feel is VERY nice - it's the closest I've felt to the old Model M keyswitches in a very long time. Definitely louder and slightly more tactile than Cherry MX Blues. I guess longevity has yet to be proven though.
I have yet to actually plug it into anything and witness the backlighting, but honestly even if it wasn't backlit at all I'd have no problem paying $30 or more for it just based on the look and feel.

Has anyone figured out how to put the computer into sleep mode on this keyboard? It looks (from the keycaps) like the print screen (PS) button should do it, but FN+PS is being used to turn off all lighting effects?

Thanks

Received mine today (got it for $30). This thing is awesome! Thanks OP!
Too bad the price went up. I would be picking some more up as gifts etc if they were still @ $30.

Back down slightly to $38.49

My 2 are on the truck for delivery today. Woot!

Back