HOT: Monoprice 8320 only $5.98!

same, I definitely don't even need these. Already have 3 other IEM and a bunch of headphones XD but I can't not buy a bargain.

Gonna drop some comfies on them and I'll post some impressions!

Why does OP say "run don't walk"... does that have anything to do with these falling out easily with much movement (e.g. jogging)?

Pretty sure he just meant is as an expression in regard to how hot the deal is (although they're just a buck off..). Run, dont walk, or you might miss it, etc. Not the most ideal pair of IEMs for running either way.

Pretty sure he just meant is as an expression in regard to how hot the deal is (although they're just a buck off..). Run, dont walk, or you might miss it, etc. Not the most ideal pair of IEMs for running either way.

'just a buck off' of their normal $7 was quite a large discount...

Anyway, deal has expired now.

Why does OP say "run don't walk"... does that have anything to do with these falling out easily with much movement (e.g. jogging)?

I've been running with these without issue but I also been doing the cord going behind the ear method which works better for me on these models. I really haven't had an IEM that came close to falling out yet but they have all been sub $20 random cheapies.

The stock tips aren't horrid, but they aren't great either. I highly recommend a set of replacement tips, my favorite being the Sony Hybrid tip set.

Thanks for the rec., will keep that in mind. I should get my headphones early next week. :cool:

Just did a quick listen to them. Threw the original tips away, and tried on some complies and Sony Hybrids.

The Sony Hybrids are perfect for these, definitely help out with the high-end of these IEM's since they are already rolled-off. Complies does the opposite so I definitely prefer the Sony Hybrids for these.

Not bad at all, bass/high-freq. both could use more extension, but I guess I can't expect everything at this price. Mid-range is better than average for this price range. Overall a very enjoyable sound.

I would not have regret paying $20 for this, awesome value at ~$7. Definitely better sounding than the MEElectronics M6 I had.

Now I am curious about the full-sized version from monoprice..... but I really really don't need it....

Last edited:
I ordered sum of these last week. They sounded ok not as amazing as people said. They also do not seem to fit very well...very loose..

Make sure you are wearing them right. You might have them in upside down. Make sure the R and L are right side up when inserting in the ear. I had them upside down the first time and were very loose.

These sound pretty decent. I would compare them to some of the $30 earbuds out there. Def worth the price. Nice pair to use for those times you are afraid to wear your expensive buds.

Only thing about these is that the cloth wrapping on these headphones is really bad and is best cut off since the start. You'll thank me, when it starts bunching up.

I just got my pair today and I'm not that impressed. Sure for the money they are ok. Not sure if it's me or not but they sound really really tinny almost like there is no bass what so ever.

Tried on my Ipod, my DroidX (using Google Play) and hooked up to my PC listening to WMP.

I broke mine in with a random playlist and gradual volume increases over 48 hours. Put on some complies and the sound was good. I can hear them 18ft away, lol.

I do like the signature of my MEe M6's more, but these are not bad at all. They beat most "name brand" phones that cost 3x as much. I'd say they sound better than the boutique brand Skullcandy Heavy Medals (msrp $70). I'd say they will beat most store models at a higher price, but will fall short of the actual sound-engineering company models.

To each their own though. They fit me perfectly. Only gripe is the cloth braid cord.

Mine came in on Sat. (a coworker ordered it to combine shipping) but I haven't tried them out yet. Will do so sometime today.

Pretty impressed by these. Great for the money (understatement). I am going to look into replacing the tips with deeper insertion foam ones.

I just got my pair today and I'm not that impressed. Sure for the money they are ok. Not sure if it's me or not but they sound really really tinny almost like there is no bass what so ever.

Tried on my Ipod, my DroidX (using Google Play) and hooked up to my PC listening to WMP.

Same for me. I changed the tips with some I bought from Earphones Plus and it helped some, but they just don't seem to fit my ear well either. Maybe they'll get better after breakin. For me, My current Creative EP 830 are more comfortable, fit better, and sound much better. Still, better backups than the flimsy ones that came with my daughter's MP3 players so I'm not disappointed for the price.

Break them in... the drivers "open up" after a couple of hours or so. Make sure they are inserted properly with the L and R oriented correctly, as has been said before. They are not giant killers, but damn good in regards to price for what you receive.
The review on head-fi in the big IEM review thread there was rather strong. You should also play around with EQ settings if you have such.

Yep like I said before and like Kibagami said make sure the R and L are facing right side up. The cord should be coming out of the front of the ear bud. The ear bud fits inside your ear not just the tips.

wore them at the gym today, they sound great. I found I had to keep adjusting them about every 5-10 min though while I was running. Prob not the best work out ear buds.

Last edited:
Yep like I said before and like Kibagami said make sure the R and L are facing right side up. The cord should be coming out of the front of the ear bud. The ear bud fits inside your ear not just the tips.

wore them at the gym today, they sound great. I found I had to keep adjusting them about every 5-10 min though while I was running. Prob not the best work out ear buds.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504034

Bought these on a price error for $30 instore. Best jogging IE buds I have ever worn. They sound great and will NOT fall out. I have done hanging situps, jog, heavy bag, doesn't matter, these things WILL hold in and stay comfortable doing so.

Ear buds and I normally don't get along. Somehow, they just won't stay in. What I did is to put the earbuds in my ears and then headphones on top of them to hold them in. The headphones have USB for my laptop, so obviously that won't work w/ MP3s from my phone.

The sound is much louder than the el cheapo headphones I was using w/ my phone. (No name brand.) The bass is noticeably stronger. Whereas I had my phone maxed w/ the old headphones, I got it set to half max volume now.

The earbuds, compressed by the headphones on top pushing them in my ears, are causing a little bit of discomfort. I'm about 5 min. into it. Sound is very good.

Try twisting them into your ears. I think the tips might be too large for your ears if they don't stay. I would invest in some Sony Hybrid Tips from amazon for under $8 shipped if you have prime. The pack come with a variety of sizes.

It's funny though that the tips will cost more than the actual product itself. I am sitting here in the library listening to these right now with the Sony Hybrid with a very good seal. Fantastic sounding for the money.

Not as good as my pricier ones (Ultimate Ears 700 that I got free that's sitting in my backpack, and my Triple.fi 10's) but I don't miss them at all.

And these I can just wrap up quickly and throw them into my pocket without worrying about something breaking because they are so cheap.

2 pairs ordered, and I'm curious to see how these stack up with the FOTM Creative IEMs I picked up a couple years ago for $30.

They were supposed to be here on 4/26, OMGWTFBBQ if they got lost in the mail! :eek: ;)

I just got my pair and they sound pretty good, close to fantastic. Like some people said there is little bass (low end?) but what do you expect from a small product.

I'm not an audiofile but wow...they sure beat my $10 blue Sony's that I got about 7 years ago. :)

They need break in time... the sound will change and get better after a few hours. Both my pairs needed the break-in.

I bought two pairs one for me and one for the gf. They fit really well and sound ok. Much better than the stock crap that come with an ifone, but not as well as my Sony EX's.

I took a 2 mile jog yesterday and they stayed in pretty well and I really like the braided cables.

Overall damn good buy for not a lot of money.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504034

Bought these on a price error for $30 instore. Best jogging IE buds I have ever worn. They sound great and will NOT fall out. I have done hanging situps, jog, heavy bag, doesn't matter, these things WILL hold in and stay comfortable doing so.

Oo thanks for the link. I'll have to check them out. I'm not sure if I like the volume control though I like to have the cables running under my shirt but well see.

Thanks again.

I really wanted to give these a better review but I really am not that impressed with these. Don't get me wrong they have a very crisp sound in the mid and highs, but the low end is too weak for me. Then again considering the final price of $8 I really can't say these are a disappointment. They sound better than I was expecting though I'd really only suggest using them for music with heavy vocals or a lot of acoustic instruments.

I really don't think these handle music that is bass heavy very well and I am even using some bass boost on my E7 amp. However, on the subject of running these earbuds I will say that they are very easy to run compared to other 32ohm headphones that I have. I run my amp at 2/3s the level with these earbuds that I do with the headphones that I use.

The ear nubs are also very loose feeling. I replaced them with some spare nubs that I had from my pair of Shures. Even with new ear nubs the noise isolation doesn't improve too much. I suppose I could be spoiled with my first ear buds being a pair of shures which do a great job at cutting out outside noise. I really wouldn't recommend doing anything all that noisy while using these earbuds because they do let in a lot of noise. However, this may be beneficial if you're looking for something to wear while jogging or walking around in the city where you really need to be aware of traffic and other people nearby.

In the end, for what I paid, I am not all that disappointed with the purchase, but they don't really live up to the hype of the 8323 headphone that Monoprice also sells. Then again my only other pair of earbuds is a set of Shures so I definitely have a skewed view when it comes to price difference. My main complaint is the lack of noise isolation, though that could be a positive if you want to be able to hear the environment around you. Also the ear tips are not the best so you will probably want to swap those out; note that this will not improve the noise isolation issue by much this is more just a step in improving comfort and fit. In my case I had some spare tips laying around that I found suitable and that is really the only case that I'd recommend swapping them out. These earbuds just aren't good enough to replace anything over around $20-30.

Last edited:
Since my earlobes are apparently too large, causing the earbuds to fall off, I've been wedging the part that sticks out against part of my ear, which works, but after a little while, it becomes a bit uncomfortable. : \ Sound quality is great, though.

Wow, so these are both the cheapest and hands down the best ear-bud style headphones I've ever owned.
I also have pretty big ears, but, oddly enough, if I twist it, the little lip that sticks out actually fits perfectly in the curvature of my ear, forming a nice secure, tight seal. Now I can actually really feel the bass these things put out. I use these exclusively at work and they've been fantastic.

Back