Hot? Microcenter has made the 3600XT effectively the same price as the 3600X

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
1594764267714.png

$200-$20=$180
$230-$50=$180

If you are buying a motherboard might as well get the XT!

Last edited:
thats not how that works.

250-50 = 200 and;
250-20 = 230.
You're still paying an extra 30 for the XT.

Reactions: HAF72
like this
Looks like $50. In my cart the ASUS Strix B550-F $209.99 motherboard is down to $159.99 just to test it.

Yeah, MC had the XT for $249. They just dropped the price of it, which now makes it the same price as the X.

If it were me, building a whole new PC, I'd spend the extra $60 and get the 3700X. It's probably only a ~5% price increase for a modest build.

Reactions: HAF72
like this
Someone stole all the motherboards at the Madison Heights store it seems :eek:

Damn, this is so tempting but I don't need another comp.
I hear you...

I just went
Linux: Z97/4770k -> x370/3900x
Windows: i5-8400/z370 -> 3600/x570....

and then the 3300x was briefly in stock. Time to get rid of my wifes i5-3570?

I hear you...

I just went
Linux: Z97/4770k -> x370/3900x
Windows: i5-8400/z370 -> 3600/x570....

and then the 3300x was briefly in stock. Time to get rid of my wifes i5-3570?

Haha, exactly. I have one 6700K system left in the house... my daughter's rig.

They give you 15 days to claim the discount on a board, ie. its the 15 day return window.
They're a 3 hour drive, if I go I need them both at once but good to know :)
I also have a 10900k just sitting in my closet lol I'm bad at this.

I just built a new 10900K system with some 4400mhz memory and it's a beast at gaming.

Curious to see the new AMD cpu's and especially the new AMD video cards coming out.

I do 99% of my PC shopping at our local Microcenter, gotta love them.

Good luck finding a good motherboard in stock.

I jumped on a similar deal right before there was a shortage back in April.

Yeah, MC had the XT for $249. They just dropped the price of it, which now makes it the same price as the X.

If it were me, building a whole new PC, I'd spend the extra $60 and get the 3700X. It's probably only a ~5% price increase for a modest build.
I just picked up a second 3700x yesterday... $260 + AC Valhalla which I was going to get anyways, so for me effectively $200 CPU.

Was about to pull the trigger, but they're OOS on ITX motherboards.
if the store is close enough, you might want to go down and check. I ordered an open box motherboard a couple of weeks ago, and when I got there it was missing the heatsink retention bracket. I pointed this out to the cashier, and he substituted a brand new one for the open box price. However, the website showed none in stock new, yet he grabbed one without a problem.

if the store is close enough, you might want to go down and check. I ordered an open box motherboard a couple of weeks ago, and when I got there it was missing the heatsink retention bracket. I pointed this out to the cashier, and he substituted a brand new one for the open box price. However, the website showed none in stock new, yet he grabbed one without a problem.

I have a feeling they space out availability of boards, 1) to keep from selling out immediately and 2) to keep people coming into the store the entire week & 3) to sell some of the higher priced boards (which by EoD, esp for X570) are usually all that is left and the end of each day.

So this doesn't surprise me at all.

Good luck finding a good motherboard in stock.

I jumped on a similar deal right before there was a shortage back in April.
They have tons of boards in both Chicago/Westmont....at 8-9am CT. Reserve & you have 3 days to pick-up. I'm assuming other stores inventory is updated at the same time.

Below is B550/X570 (under $190) at my local MC (Westmont):

1594911601445.png

Last edited:

Fair. I'm near the Tustin one, so I may stop by to take a peek.

Back