Hot? maybe acer aspire one for $299?

I have Purchased three of these @ the price of $248.00 from walmart the 10.1 I Purchased does have the six cell battery the 8.9s, I purchased only have the three cell.

This isn't even warm... I think they're going for $300 as well at Neweg, the one you saw for $330 is probably the newer 10.2" version. The one you linked at Walmart has a 8.9" screen, a slightly smaller touchpad, and shorter battery life (even though they both have 6-cell batteries, the newer 10.2" gets like an hour and a half more out of it's higher mAh rated battery). I own the original 8.9" btw, and I paid $400 for it back in November. :p

I get like 4-5 hours out of mine, my buddy gets like 6+ out of his 10.2". I researched the different netbook models a lot before I got it, the only other ones even worth considering sub-$400 is the ASUS line imo (unless Samsung's has dropped in price), the Dell ones had horrible keyboard layouts, but I haven't been paying attention to the newer models so I dunno if that's changed (or if they're offering a decent battery now).

Edit: I take that back, the Walmart one you linked comes w/a 3-cell battery, that's an awful price for the 8.9 w/the 3-cell. Pretty sure the 6-cell is down to $300 flat at Newegg, if they still have it, more than likely they're only carrying the 10.2" now.

Back