[HOT] MASS EFFECT Download for $5.33

Actually it makes ME $4.95 with its current price and the code works on any game. Its only $5 though.

Sorry about the link. Fixed now :) I included tax with the total. Maybe it varies.

It's 4.95 + sales tax. Missed the Steam sale because Buffalo Wild Wings crashed my credit card... Super glad to pick this up before ME2 comes out. :)

Just picked it up, and damn its a huge download haha. But its okay, For five bucks you cant shake a stick at that

You can buy it before then. download it anytime later

Not necessarily. From EA's site, after I purchased the software:

If your order contains downloadable software and you have not purchased our Extended Download Service (EDS), you have 30 days to download your purchase. After you download we suggest you save a copy of the downloaded file on an external drive, CD, DVD, or some other storage medium in the event you have computer problems or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt.

Also, according to EA, their download manager is not fully compatible with Windows 7. I'll update you guys later and let everyone know if I got it to work (I'm running Win7 x64) or not.

Figures. EA only going half-assed with digital distribution. Thanks for the details.

On another note, seems to at least be DLing properly on Win7 For me. If if fails, my machine tri-boots to xp or vista.

Not necessarily. From EA's site, after I purchased the software:

Also, according to EA, their download manager is not fully compatible with Windows 7. I'll update you guys later and let everyone know if I got it to work (I'm running Win7 x64) or not.

EADM works perfectly for me on Win7 64-bit.

Figures. EA only going half-assed with digital distribution. Thanks for the details.

On another note, seems to at least be DLing properly on Win7 For me. If if fails, my machine tri-boots to xp or vista.

Blame digital river for some of the problems, EA goes through them for DD stuff.

I went for this (haven't played this).

EADM wants to use the C:\ drive by default when you click download. The download-to path is greyed out. Dumb.

For those on SSDs tight on space like me (6GB free). Delete the download cache. Go to settings in the EADM. Move the save-to path. Re-kick off the download.

Be aware that the EA Store includes DRM with an install limit. I think the number of installs is around 5, and you can deactivate installs with this tool: http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

If you have system crashes or you forget to deactivate and hit the install limit, you can ask EA's online tech support chat (probably India) to give you more installs as long as you give them your CD key. I had to do this with one of the DLC add-ons and it does work fine. It's annoying and makes me uncomfortable asking for permission to play a game I bought, but you can add a bit of snark into the chat if it makes you feel better and they'll probably still do it for you.

All of this is worth it for the right game, and I firmly believe Mass Effect can be one of those games. Just make sure to play a female Shepard when you start. The quality of Jennifer Hale's voice acting (she played Bastila in KOTOR) is far better than Mark Meer's male Shepard in the first game.

Okay,so its 5.38 tax for NY residents.

Yeah, i'm goingSSD next... but right now i have SAS. .i tend to let there be a few GB o space and then move the source to a better location

EA Downloader is absolute trash. I think you can download it for a year now, but there is no real way to make a physical backup of your purchase. Booo. Burned once, never again. D2D or Steam for me!

EA Downloader is absolute trash. I think you can download it for a year now, but there is no real way to make a physical backup of your purchase. Booo. Burned once, never again. D2D or Steam for me!

Huh? What do you mean there is no way to make a back up? Burn the bloody installer filers or toss them on a back-up hard drive. Hell, tell EADM to download to said back-up hard drive. And yes Digital River will only store them for a year, though I can still download Mass Effect more than year after I got it.

Yah, the download files are all in the download cache folder. Not very hard to backup.

Is there a way you can obtain it from somebody who bought it from D2D and then just put in the key you obtained from EA whenever you re-install?

Back