[Hot] Madcatz's Street Fighter joysticks & (not Super) SF4 for only $29 at Walmart.

coconutboy

Gawd
repost of Artichoke Sap's post over at the Arstechnica forums:

Street Fighter IV (not Super) AND the Mad Catz official Fighting Stick (no, not the tournament one) bundle at WalMart.com, for PS3 or 360.

Why am I posting this mediocre-sounding deal? Because it's only $29! I mean, that's a good price for just the stick!

Last edited:
That is a smoking deal! I picked this up for Xbox, I have a ps3 TE fight stick with replaced seimitsu ls32-01 joystick and seimitsu buttons so I will have all the leftover Sanwa parts for the new stick; a ps3 and xbox setup!

for the guys who know/care, should I use my octagonal plate or square plate for the sanwa? I'm getting conflicting opinions based on what I can see on the net, I suck with both :)

Nice stick.. can easy mod it with better stick/button if needed.

Awesome deal. That fighting stick is easily mod-able, just did one myself (PS3 version, was the cheapest at the time, wish it was the xbox version). Add another $50 in parts and you got a $200 fighting stick. I still have my old old Sega Genesis edition Street Fighter II fighting stick from Capcom ($80 at the time), its amazing to see how far they have come.

Ars? Interesting that the link has a fatwallet referral in it. Guess this is getting passed around like a case of chicken pox.

Thanks for pointing that out. Not that I'm opposed to someone getting their due for the OP but it ain't me so fuggit. Redirect/referral removed.

Add another $50 in parts and you got a $200 fighting stick.

It's closer to adding an extra $75 in parts to get a $130 fight stick. The stock parts are pretty bad so modding these sticks is common place. I think this is a very good deal but it's definitely best for people who like to mod. When looking at these sticks you have two main options: buy a cheap one and mod it with the best parts or buy the more expensive TE that already has the best parts. I love modding but I found the cheapest way to do this is to wait for the TE sticks to go on sale for $100.

Here's pretty much everything you need to know about modding joysticks: http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

If you are going to spend that much in upgrading it why not just get the TE edition? sure probably will be a10 or 20 more but dont have to worry about modding it and its casing is bigger and nicer

Yea - I guess its a safe assumption that this doesnt work on the PC? Maybe there is a similar deal for the PC version?

They're just USB, seems like they should work.
But in practice you'll quickly find that it doesn't unless you have an Intel OHCI capable USB controller. I bought the more expensive stick when it went on sale at GameStop for $89 and it worked for one day on my PC and then it never worked again. However, it's fine on my PS3. Forum posts indicate that if you don't have the OHCI controller, you need to buy a pci USB card that does have an OHCI controller. I have yet to try this out to verify for myself. The cards are like $12 or so on Newegg. I believe Rosewill makes it.

The PS3 one is really touchy depending on what USB port you plug it into. Wondering if the xbox one is any better?

The consensus over at Slickdeals is the Xbox360 version works on Xbox360 and PC no issues, but the PS3 one only works on PCs with Intel chipsets, and on AMD PCs with a USB expansion card with a VIA chipset.

The 360 stick can also be modded to work on PS3 with some parts from lizardlick.com

No personal experience, just what I read over at slickdeals.

Bought two (360 Ver.) yesterday for a Mame setup. I'm going to see if i can return just the game and make some of the price back :) if not ebay :D (i dont own a 360) for those saying your better off getting the TE once i offload the games the sticks are only going to have cost me $15-20 (maybe even less) each i can get alot of use out of them in the meantime and if they do break then i can order the better buttons and joysticks so for me its a win.

Dammit. I really wish I could have gotten in on this deal for my first stick. Looks like I'll be continuing to use the keyboard :(

for the guys who know/care, should I use my octagonal plate or square plate for the sanwa? I'm getting conflicting opinions based on what I can see on the net, I suck with both :)

Square gate for sure. Its way better for charge characters, and just better overall in the long run. Also easier to do shoryukens. On an octagon gate, you cant find the corners easily enough to for low blocking or charging down back imo. The only benefit to octagon, is for doing hadoukens since you can "ride the octagon gate", but they're really easy to do on on a square gate anyways. Its just muscle memory.

This is a good deal. I use one and its easily modded with Sanwa buttons and a Sanwa stick, which probably cost around $50 or so (lizardlick.com). I actually prefer this form factor over the TE stick, but thats just me.

Up to $39 for me. Local store doesn't carry it, would have to drive 23 miles. Hmm...

Back