HOT logitech G930 wireless headset $79.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a good deal on a new pair (not refurb) of these, although they generally go on sale for $70 during BF. I picked mine up 2 BFs ago for $70 and they've been great. The sound is good, not the best when it comes to headphones, but the mic is outstanding which is great for anyone playing online.

If anyone gets these (I highly recommend them!), I've found over the last few years that these audio settings are great for almost all general uses, to my ears anyways. It makes a huge difference to EQ them, even slightly. I also find disabling the dolby surround while listening to music opens up the sound stage alot. Also keep in mind the EQ/dolby settings don't work unless the LGS software is running.
LogitechAudioSettings_zps6ae0a283.png

Oh noes, it looks like Logitech disabled the preamp in the latest LGS, those rat bastards! *Edit* woot, solution here!

Last edited:
Just do your research before dropping money on this , i have a pair.

The cons are as:
Battery life slowly drains fast after about 6-7 months , their is replacements for extra $$
Sometimes it doesn't wanna charge , have to insert paperclip in reset hole in headset , if your lucky if will fix or time for RMA which takes close to month or less.
People often tell me the Mic sounds like garbage , every headset differs though
Sometimes or should i say "ALOT" it loses connection and reconnects , takes about 5 seconds to reconnect , Common issue with almost everyone at some time..
The software for it sucks and cause cause problems sometimes , their is known fixes but not always fixes it for all.

I owned this headset. It started turning to shit after 8 months, still under warranty but still..

I gave up on these, the wireless is garbage and the pho leather, both were addressed in the update to the G430 with replaceable ear cuffs. To enjoy movies and music, turn off the surround sound "feature" otherwise you get a real echoey sound. I can't recommend wireless headsets in their current state.

I've had mine for a while -- very pleased with them and the range. I got mine on a similar deal for $70 -- you really can't do any better :)

Gamer Gear is shit.

Go with some low end pro grade audiophile gear and you will be thanking yourself.

Got my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 for $80 new. You can still find them for that price, but open box.
They have sense been replaced by the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X but the price has gone up.

Do your homework and you'll be able to find a better product.

I've tried a friends G930 and was not impressed at all.

The cons are as:
Battery life slowly drains fast after about 6-7 months , their is replacements for extra $$
Sometimes it doesn't wanna charge , have to insert paperclip in reset hole in headset , if your lucky if will fix or time for RMA which takes close to month or less.
Sometimes or should i say "ALOT" it loses connection and reconnects , takes about 5 seconds to reconnect , Common issue with almost everyone at some time..
The software for it sucks and cause cause problems sometimes , their is known fixes but not always fixes it for all.

I do enjoy mine, but see a few of these as well .... mainly the drop issue (I Have had mine for ~2 years I think, still get ~8-9 Hrs per charge, have to charge like once ever 2 or 3 weeks).

I will say the connection issue isnt often, but when it happens it is slightly annoying, never at the best time :(.....

Sound quality is never an issue for me, but I use em for gaming only, and I am far far far from an audiophile (Wires suck for my setup), just my 2 cents

Gamer Gear is shit.

Go with some low end pro grade audiophile gear and you will be thanking yourself.

Got my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 for $80 new. You can still find them for that price, but open box.
They have sense been replaced by the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X but the price has gone up.

Do your homework and you'll be able to find a better product.

I've tried a friends G930 and was not impressed at all.

No offense, but your recommendation is shit for the target audience because it fails to meet the very minimum requirements most in this GAMER market expect:

1) Wireless freedom
2) Built-in mic
3) Artificial surround sound treatments

Please leave the bargain bin can recommendations for the alt-Sennheiser threads.

Anyways, deal is dead, sold out.

The cons are as:

I owned this headset. It started turning to shit after 8 months, still under warranty but still..

Must be two bad apples in the basket. I have had a set of these for near 2 years and they are still working flawless! Good battery life and great sound.

Must be two bad apples in the basket. I have had a set of these for near 2 years and they are still working flawless! Good battery life and great sound.

Three. I had constant dropouts with mine as well. Gave them to my wife to use with Skype. I use the G35's instead, and MUCH prefer them.

Three. I had constant dropouts with mine as well. Gave them to my wife to use with Skype. I use the G35's instead, and MUCH prefer them.

Do you live in an apartment complex/condo/townhouse? Do you have a lot of other routers/wireless devices on the 2.4GHz band? Good chance you just ran into channel interference, which is a known issue with this headset and other wireless devices that share the 2.4GHz band. If you are in a SFH, you probably could've fixed this by changing your router's channel, in a crowded urban area, there's not much you can do unfortunately.

Do you live in an apartment complex/condo/townhouse? Do you have a lot of other routers/wireless devices on the 2.4GHz band? Good chance you just ran into channel interference, which is a known issue with this headset and other wireless devices that share the 2.4GHz band. If you are in a SFH, you probably could've fixed this by changing your router's channel, in a crowded urban area, there's not much you can do unfortunately.

No. I live in a house. In a town of 4,000 people, mostly old and almost entirely nontechnical. One WAP. And I'm more than capable of doing things like moving the WAP to other channels to avoid interference. And I tried all 11 channels. But thanks for assuming I didn't try all of this before giving up on it.

No. I live in a house. In a town of 4,000 people, mostly old and almost entirely nontechnical. One WAP. And I'm more than capable of doing things like moving the WAP to other channels to avoid interference. And I tried all 11 channels. But thanks for assuming I didn't try all of this before giving up on it.

No problem and you're welcome. Maybe you build houses out of lead?

Seriously? This thread gets one reply in the first 24 hrs, and then blows up AFTER the deal sells out? I don't understand people...

Seriously? This thread gets one reply in the first 24 hrs, and then blows up AFTER the deal sells out? I don't understand people...

People like confrontation. You should've said "HOT Logitech G930 wireless headset $79.99 BETTER THAN SENNHEISERS!"

I'm not so sure about that. I have the ATH-AD700's with a ModMic and think they make a great gaming setup.

1. Wireless Freedom -- these are wired so this is a good point.
2. Built-in mic. Most of these built-in mics suck. The ModMic is better and can be replaced if something does happen to it rather than having to replace the whole headset.
3. Artificial surround sound -- this is more a function of the sound card. You need a sound card capable of doing Dolby Headphone like the Asus Xonar.

As far as I can tell, the G930 only has 2 speakers which kind of emphasizes the point made above.

I'm not sure why gamers require wireless. You'll almost always get better performance from wired sets and not have to worry about battery issues. You probably have to break it down between PC gamers and console gamers. If you're playing on a console in the living room or something I can see why wireless would be desired.

No offense, but your recommendation is shit for the target audience because it fails to meet the very minimum requirements most in this GAMER market expect:

1) Wireless freedom
2) Built-in mic
3) Artificial surround sound treatments

Please leave the bargain bin can recommendations for the alt-Sennheiser threads.

Anyways, deal is dead, sold out.

No problem and you're welcome. Maybe you build houses out of lead?

I live in rural farm country, on the edge of a national park. I have one neighbor, several acres away. I also have an EMF meter, and am perfectly capable of doing a site survey. And I have. When I say there's no interference, I mean it.

I realize that we live in a society so dumbed-down that our coffee cups require warnings on the side informing people that coffee is hot; that our prepackaged gadgets require warning labels telling folks, "not meant for human consumption". But on a technical forum, it's generally not necessary to jump right to the lowest common denominator when it comes to technical ability. This is [H]ardForum, not an outsourced Indian call center.

Just going to say that I bought a pair of G930 but they only worked when I sat away from my router. Near my router it would drop 3 times and hour. Away from it and never had drops. Ended up giving it to my cousin for his birthday, he has had NO drops with it.

Just my 2 cents. They are really nice headphones, tons of features for the price. Can't be beat for wireless.

I'm not so sure about that. I have the ATH-AD700's with a ModMic and think they make a great gaming setup.

1. Wireless Freedom -- these are wired so this is a good point.
2. Built-in mic. Most of these built-in mics suck. The ModMic is better and can be replaced if something does happen to it rather than having to replace the whole headset.
3. Artificial surround sound -- this is more a function of the sound card. You need a sound card capable of doing Dolby Headphone like the Asus Xonar.

As far as I can tell, the G930 only has 2 speakers which kind of emphasizes the point made above.

I'm not sure why gamers require wireless. You'll almost always get better performance from wired sets and not have to worry about battery issues. You probably have to break it down between PC gamers and console gamers. If you're playing on a console in the living room or something I can see why wireless would be desired.

1. Yes for many wired headphones suck for gaming and are a non-starter.
2. This built-in mic is great, good enough that many twitch streamers or Let's Play video makers use it for their voiceovers. The mod mic is a non-starter because it adds yet ANOTHER cable to the mix and also requires a sound card.
3. Yes standard headphones are reliant on the soundcard, but these headsets aren't since it doesn't need a sound card, which is part of its attractiveness to gamers. The USB wireless dongle doubles as the sound "card", and while no one has said it is as good a solution when it comes to pure audio as a sound card with wired cans, it is certainly the most convenient and easy to use. Also, the Dolby Digital 7.1 validation actually means something here, because any game (ie. most console ports) that support Dolby Digital 7.1 is guaranteed to have 7 discrete audio channels output from the game's sound engine for this headset's stereo virtualization where a 3rd party sound card provider like Asus or Creative may be virtualizing from a source with fewer discrete channels.

Why do gamers like wireless? Because cords and tethers break immersion and are generally annoying when you have them running all over the place. The #1 complaint I see regarding PC gamers and wired headsets is that they are constantly running them over and breaking them on their expensive headsets. Problem solved with wireless headsets!

Yes the headsets only have 2 speakers, but the 7.1 virtualization via software on the G930 is BETTER than it is via soundcard (X-Fi HTHD) to a pair of Sennheiser HD500s which I retired for this gaming headset because it is better for GAMING.

Last edited:
I live in rural farm country, on the edge of a national park. I have one neighbor, several acres away. I also have an EMF meter, and am perfectly capable of doing a site survey. And I have. When I say there's no interference, I mean it.

I realize that we live in a society so dumbed-down that our coffee cups require warnings on the side informing people that coffee is hot; that our prepackaged gadgets require warning labels telling folks, "not meant for human consumption". But on a technical forum, it's generally not necessary to jump right to the lowest common denominator when it comes to technical ability. This is [H]ardForum, not an outsourced Indian call center.

Its OK, no one is going to mistake you for Bill Gates when the info you provided indicated you went from drop outs > dumping them on wife > determining product is faulty without getting to the bottom of the problem or getting a pair that worked when the overwhelming majority of users have no problems with them in their computing environments.

Its OK, no one is going to mistake you for Bill Gates when the info you provided indicated you went from drop outs > dumping them on wife > determining product is faulty without getting to the bottom of the problem or getting a pair that worked when the overwhelming majority of users have no problems with them in their computing environments.

You obviously have never visited Logitech's forums. Or HQ. I've done both, and they prove you're wrong.

You obviously have never visited Logitech's forums. Or HQ. I've done both, and they prove you're wrong.

Sure I have visited their forums, a cursory glance shows dozens of users experiencing similar issues that are easily resolved by troubleshooting their wireless networks but don't know where to begin, which is why I offered the suggestion.

There are others who have no recourse because they are in high population areas with crowded wireless basebands.

There is however, no obvious section for self-professed know-it-alls that exert low levels of effort and ultimately pawn off semi-functional hardware on their spouses rather than return them for working replacement or refund.

Sure I have visited their forums, a cursory glance shows dozens of users experiencing similar issues that are easily resolved by troubleshooting their wireless networks but don't know where to begin, which is why I offered the suggestion.

There are others who have no recourse because they are in high population areas with crowded wireless basebands.

There is however, no obvious section for self-professed know-it-alls that exert low levels of effort and ultimately pawn off semi-functional hardware on their spouses rather than return them for working replacement or refund.

I hardly think doing everything I could for more than a year before giving up is "low levels of effort". As for know-it-all, well, the shoe fits, so I'll happily wear it. Like it or not, there are in fact people in the world more talented, more experienced, and more knowledgeable than you in a wide variety of subjects.

I hardly think doing everything I could for more than a year before giving up is "low levels of effort". As for know-it-all, well, the shoe fits, so I'll happily wear it. Like it or not, there are in fact people in the world more talented, more experienced, and more knowledgeable than you in a wide variety of subjects.

Or people with lower quality standards who are willing to just deal with subpar products without either 1) returning them for refund or 2) pursuing warranty replacement until receiving a working product.

Or more likely 3) think they know it all and miss the obvious.

Or people with lower quality standards who are willing to just deal with subpar products without either 1) returning them for refund or 2) pursuing warranty replacement until receiving a working product.

Or more likely 3) think they know it all and miss the obvious.

You really should stop making assumptions about me. It only makes you appear more of a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back