Hot! Lian Li PC-100 $70 Shiped....SR2 Ready?

In for two I hope it works with SR-2's. I also got free ups 3 day shipping.

its a huge amount of $ off but the case is just weird. Does it even have dust filters???

Think I'll pass.

It only has one user review which is dated May 10. No wonder they are blowing it out. Clearancing it probably.

I dunno, price is just crazy though. $70 online with free shipping is equivalent to like $64 in a brick and mortar store with sales tax. That's impulse purchase land.

$70 is a good value price for just about any aluminum case. A nicer lian li makes it hot. I think if you have a simple rig this would work kind of cool.

Last edited:
This is a really hot deal. Wish I had enough funds to build a rig around this case.

And isn't the SR-2 E-ATX? This is a mid tower and Newegg only states that it supports ATX max.

Edit: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...586&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61&g=spec

Lian Li states that it supports EATX.

It looks like mountings stands for SR2 are there. The motherboard stands are below E-ATX stands, at the bottom of the case. They say that you can put few HDDs at the bottom. So instead of installing HDDs at the bottom, you install your SR2;)

I dont have an SR2 or else i would buy this in a haet beat. I still think PC-90 is better but it will never get as low as pc-100:)

It looks like mountings stands for SR2 are there.

"Looks like" doesn't mean "is".
I modded an A77FB to fit my SR-2 when I had it; took a few new holes that had to be drilled and tapped for standoffs. It still barely fit, and that case is a lot taller and a bit deeper than this one. You also have to consider that the SR-2 has 10 PCIe slots and this case has 8 so you're losing at least 2 slots (if not more if they are 'off' in the layout).

Considering the mechanics of this case and having the rear IO and exhaust points at the front of the case, with no filters in the rear if you decide to use those as intake - I don't see where this is a good deal other than the price and the idea that "it's a Lian Li". They generally make high quality cases but their build/design decisions on some of them are really far-fetched. Like this one, which is even more retarded in internal design. :rolleyes:

You save money, sure. You're also getting a weird setup case with arguably no air filters and you're assuming an HPTX format board just might happen to fit in there.
You can easily save even more money by building a test bench out of a piece of plywood like I did before Microcenter cleared out the A77FB's for $151. ;) Cost me less than $20 when I did that.

Good price for Lian Li case. However, this case looks like it will be an aesthetic nightmare with a system in it and the I/O on the front of the case. Who wants all of their cables shooting out the side of their PC? I guess if your setup is correct and that side is against a wall it won't look bad, but overall am not a fan of the way this case is orientated and wouldn't use it if it was given to me for free.

I look at the back of my case and can't see any way it wouldn't be a total mess. But maybe I just have too many cables...

you guys didn't watch the video, did you? :)
I sure did. They don't build a system with it so the video is about 99% worthless fluff after you see the outside and inside. At the 2:10 mark they point out the 2 grommetted holes on the left side of the front panel of the case.

Did you watch the video?

At the 2:10 mark they point out the 2 grommetted holes on the left side of the front panel of the case.
yeah, grommetted holes that they later show feed into the channel all the way through the body and out the back where they would be in a normal case.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. In for one.

I like weird cases, but this one is too weird.
If it was the PC-90 I would have been all over it.

The deal on the Z70 is great also. I had one and it can fit any setup.

Last edited:
I really want to like this case, but the design is just too funky to get by. it would make for some interesting issues in my setup

SUPER HOT deal though for those that it will work for.

I think this video showcases the case better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMzw31vJ9f0

I guess it has some issues in the front that lian li overlooked.

Thanks for the video link. This guy actually puts together a system in it and confirms that the case design is shit awful. He has to trim the DVI cable in order to make it route through the case. I guess if you don't use DVI you are OK.

This has to be the worst case design I have seen in my life, aww heeeeeellz no!

This case will work perfectly for my setup.

The way my desk is, the back end of my case is closest to me and the drives are pointing off to the right.

This is basically a case with the 5.25" bays in the back.

In for one.

Thanks for the video link. This guy actually puts together a system in it and confirms that the case design is shit awful. He has to trim the DVI cable in order to make it route through the case. I guess if you don't use DVI you are OK.

That is the only problem with the case that I see. You should be able to mod the case by making the DVI hole bigger. I use metal cutting scissors for stuff like this. They cost around $10 in a hardware store.

That is the only problem with the case that I see. You should be able to mod the case by making the DVI hole bigger. I use metal cutting scissors for stuff like this. They cost around $10 in a hardware store.

metal cutting scissors? really??

Come on now, most people here have a Dremel (or knows someone that they can borrow it from). A dremel will also do a much better job of keeping the metal in good shape and not all ragged looking :p
dremel500.jpg

Come on now, most people here have a Dremel (or knows someone that they can borrow it from). A dremel will also do a much better job of keeping the metal in good shape and not all ragged looking :p
dremel500.jpg

Seriously.. tins snips will seriously trash a case.

Only way to do it properly is with a dremel.

While it's a good deal on a Lian Li case, I just cannot get past the fact that they spun everything around, but you still have your power cable and video cables out the back... Plus USB in the front? Yeah, maybe if I use wireless keyboard and mouse I'd like that feature. But the fact that they even put a small door in the front just kills it for me also. It's like some guy was drinking while designing it and they made a ton of them without verifying the design. So now they have a couple thousand of these things laying around so they just decided to try to sell it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

dremel500.jpg

I don't. That's the first time I ever even SAW a dremel before--in that picture you posted.
What makes you think MOST People here have a dremel or have even MODDED a case before? You know some here just build stuff and use it....

That case looks like it's trying to answer a question that nobody has asked to me.

I don't. That's the first time I ever even SAW a dremel before--in that picture you posted.
What makes you think MOST People here have a dremel or have even MODDED a case before? You know some here just build stuff and use it....

Seriously?

I know right? Even Walmart carries Dremel tools.

Granted the one pictured is the older model.. same thing as I have.

The newer ones don't look quite like that.

Ahhh for $70 I'll take it.
There are plenty other cases that cost more and offers less in quality and features.

I came up with a few mod ideas.
I kinda enjoy the challenge of turning a case most people dislike into a masterpiece.
SR2 compatibility would be a plus...not saying I would actually buy one.

Same here. Didnt need it, didnt really have the money for it, but I like different, and have ideas to make it perfect for me.

I have an L setup desk, and the case is going to be on the left side of me, with the left panel against a wall. So a normal case, I wouldnt be able to see inside. Plus with this case you can route keyboard/mouse/video/LAN cable to the back, and still have easy access to the I/O for eSATA/USB3 external drives, etc...

Plenty of room for a nice water loop too. And just cut a window over the left side of the right panel, and all you see is the motherboard area and no wires.

Front fan has a filter, and is intake, rear fans for rad and exhaust. PSU fan will catch any heat that rises as well.

Really??? When the subject of modding a case comes along in any thread a dremel is almost ALWAYS going to be one of the recommendations to use. Depending on what you're doing it's one of the best tools a pc modder has in his arsenal.

There's some fantastic guides on youtube that show how properly to mod a case with a dremel. Here's a good one that is a decent overview of how to use one when case modding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMiH8wYTDY

I dont have a Dremel yet. I don't mind borrowing it from you if you live in Brooklyn NY:)

This is what I was talking about:

http://www.penntoolco.com/images/catalog/6615.gif

It does not make noise and no stuff flying around that you got to clen:cool:

I dont have a Dremel yet. I don't mind borrowing it from you if you live in Brooklyn NY:)

This is what I was talking about:

http://www.penntoolco.com/images/catalog/6615.gif

It does not make noise and no stuff flying around that you got to clen:cool:
If only I was there I'd be more then happy to let you borrow mine... Shoot ask a few friends/relatives that are handy.

Honestly if you need something that will do it easily without spending more then say $12 with tax this will be your best bet:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2289712
Some metal files following using those will be nicer then tin snips. also easier to get a accurate cut :cool:

DVI is old tech. Video cards come with HDMI and DisplayPort connections.
Buying one of those cables is smarter and cheaper than cutting the case.

Every build isn't the same. So buy the right parts for the job before you ruin the case.

IF you are manly enough to mod your own cases, at one point you WILL be using a dremel. However, modding a Lian Li is like modding a Porshe. You had better have mad skillz or it wont be an improvement. With a case like this, if it doesn't work for you the way its designed there is little sense in trying to make it fit. There are often deals out there on Lian Li cases that wont have to be modded.

Back