Hot? IP35 Pro $99.99 AR + $8.55 S&H 24-hour sale

Was going to post this for folks.

I have bought 4-5 ip35e's with rebates of 30 bucks.

Never failed to get one yet . . . .

It's hard not to appreciate this given the current price of X38/x48 boards.

Was going to post this for folks.

I have bought 4-5 ip35e's with rebates of 30 bucks.

Never failed to get one yet . . . .

It's hard not to appreciate this given the current price of X38/x48 boards.

Only bought 1 of the ip35e's but same experience, rebate was processed without a hitch.

Nice find OP!

Cancel & reorder?

If you ordered from Newegg, you should still have the option to cancel the order from within your newegg account.

well i ordered an 8400 yesterday as well while they were instock and I don't want to have to wait for the next batch of the e8400's.

My IP35 vanilla has been double posting for 9months now. Never caused any issues though so haven't bothered to fix it.

I was just about to buy the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. I had it saved in my wish list and I was just going to put it in my cart and check out when I decided to look at the boards one more time. I am so glad I looked.

I've had this board running with a Q6600 at 3.33Ghz for a couple months and haven't had a double boot yet...knock on whatever!
If it weren't for the WAY large rebate, I'd have jumped all over this deal...but $70?

I passed and bought a DFI LANParty for shiites and grins. The reviews of the DFI are stellar. The new build is for my wife's business system. I wanted stability and didn't need all the bells and whistles on the IP35-Pro.

anybody tell me how many disks can be put in a raid 5?

And can you have a raid 0 on two disks and a raid 5 on the others?

I guess I'm just asking how robust the RAID controller is on this model? I have the Abit IP35-e and it's been a great board for the short month I've owned it. I got mine for 70 AR, and didn't want to pay 140 AR for the IP35-pro, but I might consider 100 AR, if the RAID controller is nice enough.

I have a 36GB Raptor and would buy another to run in RAID 0 for my OS drive

And then buy 3-4 other drives (whatever I can find for the $60 or $70 price point to make a RAID 5 group out of.)
Does this RAID controller use CPU cycles or is it a true hardware RAID controller?

You should be able to make as many raid arrays as you want with whatever mode, but it is definitely not a true hardware controller and will use your CPU a bit. However, I'm not sure how much this matters these days with dual and quad cores floating around.

The double boot "issue," as far as I remember, is something specced by Intel. In either case, the the IP35 Pro doesn't have it because of the different BIOS it has compared to the two lower models.

Regardless, this is an insane deal for one of the most convenient boards available.

How long do Abit rebates take to get back.

3-4 months. I made a thread about it after waiting for mine forever. It's a great deal on the mobo though even without the rebate. I paid $150 for mine AFTER the rebate. P45 must be around the corner.

Nice fatty rebate..looks like Newegg looking to get rid of stock. p45 coming soon ...

In for one! I saw this at 2AM ...waited until 7PM to pull the trigger knowing it will result in a whole new PC build. Damnned "economic stimulus" check is already being spent! :D

Well P35 runs cool and it loooks like it has a good cooling system on it. Also I've heard this board is really good for overclocking (most p35's are). I ordered it to over clock an e8400.

[edit]
Nvm missed the FS code post above - ooops.

Reason this is on 24 hour blowout sale: Abit's released yet another IP35/Pro variant - the XE Can't really tell if there's any difference between this and the old Pro, other than official 1600FSB support (not that the previous couldn't hit 2000..) and black heatsinks/nickel pipes. Wonder what the pricing will be, since the P35 is more or less end of the road now.

The double boot "issue," as far as I remember, is something specced by Intel. In either case, the the IP35 Pro doesn't have it because of the different BIOS it has compared to the two lower models.

Regardless, this is an insane deal for one of the most convenient boards available.

I just built an IP35-Pro based system for my neighbor and his also has the double boot issue. Both of my IP35-E's also double boot even with the 1/08 flash, but it is harmless. Just takes that extra 5 secs to boot up from cold start.

I just built an IP35-Pro based system for my neighbor and his also has the double boot issue. Both of my IP35-E's also double boot even with the 1/08 flash, but it is harmless. Just takes that extra 5 secs to boot up from cold start.
That I don't like.

I've heard this board has issues with 45nm chips too, requiring a flash to a beta BIOS for proper 45nm support.

I'd consider an 8400 instead of a Q6600, but I don't have chip to flash the mobo with ATM.

Am I correct in assuming I could not flash the BIOS of this board without a CPU installed?

My board arrived today. The Q6600 looks like a very good fit.

Should I jump on that Fry's deal or wait till the 20th for the price drops? :)

My board arrived today. The Q6600 looks like a very good fit.

Should I jump on that Fry's deal or wait till the 20th for the price drops? :)

Waiting for the 20th here. ...hope it is the right choice. I will go E8400 or Q6600. ...but will wait to assess market (HOT DEALS) after the 20th. Although the Fry's deal has had me wondering as well. You are not alone...

Back