Hot: Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 512GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 3D Nand $89

no tax? I didn't know that applied universally to everyone on newegg. Or are you just saying no tax for you?

Depends on if you're state has passed anything governing this, the collection of tax ... I believe. Let me go look, I just ordered something from them, a Samsung 128GB Thumbdrive for $23 dollars. I'll see if I was charged tax.

Ok, I looked -

Yeah, no tax. You guys might be in states where the state has these laws in place.

SAMSUNG 128GB BAR Plus (Metal) USB 3.1 Flash Drive, Speed Up to 300MB/s (MUF-128BE3/AM)
Item #: N82E16820147705
Standard Return Policy

1 $24.99

Grand Subtotal $24.99
Total Tax $0.00
Total Shipping $0.00
Total Discount(s) -$2.00
Grand Total
$22.99

ok, I investigated a bit further ... Newegg only collects tax in around 23 states. 30+ something, they do not. The collection of tax is detrimental to any online business. I assure you they do not want to do this unless forced to. I could be wrong on this as I'm rushing to get out the door. Someone could always correct me. But, no, I did not pay tax.

Depends on if you're state has passed anything governing this, the collection of tax ... I believe. Let me go look, I just ordered something from them, a Samsung 128GB Thumbdrive for $23 dollars. I'll see if I was charged tax.

Ok, I looked -

Yeah, no tax. You guys might be in states where the state has these laws in place.

SAMSUNG 128GB BAR Plus (Metal) USB 3.1 Flash Drive, Speed Up to 300MB/s (MUF-128BE3/AM)
Item #: N82E16820147705
Standard Return Policy

1 $24.99

Grand Subtotal $24.99
Total Tax $0.00
Total Shipping $0.00
Total Discount(s) -$2.00
Grand Total
$22.99

ok, I investigated a bit further ... Newegg only collects tax in around 23 states. 30+ something, they do not. The collection of tax is detrimental to any online business. I assure you they do not want to do this unless forced to. I could be wrong on this as I'm rushing to get out the door. Someone could always correct me. But, no, I did not pay tax.

True but I think people are just saying if its not universal to everyone its really not a part of hot deal. So yea deal is great, thats why I never include taxes or no taxes when i post. Just keeps the expectations in check lol.

True but I think people are just saying if its not universal to everyone its really not a part of hot deal. So yea deal is great, thats why I never include taxes or no taxes when i post. Just keeps the expectations in check lol.

It's just gonna have to be a YMMV type deal. I'm not gonna not include all the others of millions of people in those states to satisfy the minority. Sucks you have to pay tax my man.

with that said, I do realize that some people are very sensitive and can become annoyed, even possibly hurt if you do not give them every exact piece of information and detail. I will try and include ( you might have to pay tax ) next time so I can mitigate as much annoyed feelings as possible.

Last edited:
Yup, great deal. However, I have heard that XPG and other 2nd tier manufactures uses Grade-B and C memory so longevity may be an issue.

5 year warranty. PC perspective did a very thorough review worth reading. It's a great drive.

It's just gonna have to be a YMMV type deal. I'm not gonna not include all the others of millions of people in those states to satisfy the minority. Sucks you have to pay tax my man.

with that said, I do realize that some people are very sensitive and can become annoyed, even possibly hurt if you do not give them every exact piece of information and detail. I will try and include ( you might have to pay tax ) next time so I can mitigate as much annoyed feelings as possible.

Technically, you're supposed to pay the tax also. Evidently, you are admitting that you are in violation of your own state's tax code :p.

Back