HOT: Intel 660p 1TB NVMe SSD PCI-Express 3.0 x4 $109 Newegg

I just got it and now I have two :D Moved all my games to the 2nd drive and have one dedicated to windows 10 and certain programs.

Please report back on us how the boot drive will behave.
the single newegg review complained of 2% degradation after 3 months usage as a boot drive.
at $219 the 2TB is tempting for sure.

Please report back on us how the boot drive will behave.
the single newegg review complained of 2% degradation after 3 months usage as a boot drive.
at $219 the 2TB is tempting for sure.

Ya please do. I didn't buy one because I just didn't have any need for it really and supposedly these will continue to drop in price over the course of this year. Keep us updated on how they do.

I'll let you guys know how it goes but so far so good. Just moved my games to the second drive and it's still fast.

Mine is serving as main drive also for my MacBook that shares half the space with Windows 10. No issues so far.

To make that 2tb even more tempting use promo code EMCTWTA36 to take another $15 off bringing it down to $204.99

It is probably not the best place to ask this but has anyone moved Windows 10 to this drive without having to reinstall?
I had a Crucial SSD before and it came with Acronis. When moved, I had weird pauses in the OS so I eventually reinstalled.
Reinstalling and configuring everything takes forever.

Now $104.99 w/promo code EMCTWTC24 **

**= typical promo code shenanigans likely apply, signed up for newsletter, yadda yadda :p
Ironically, I learned about this from their news letter.
The news letters I used to like from these guys was their daily shell shockers but I have not received one in 5+ years so I think they were discontinued.

Check your spam folder. I still get the emails. Not sure if it's daily but I'm still getting them.

Yeah, they pretty much are daily. I get the Shell Shocker and the larger newsletter daily. I also get the Business one but nothing ever really interesting in it (to me).

This deal is dead but I just wanted to add some last words.
I use Adobe Lightroom to edit pictures and load games from a WD Black 1TB drive from 8+ years ago. I replaced it with this drive on a 4x PCIE adapter. The benchmarks show a huge speed advantage. The speed at which things load is noticeable but not 20x faster like the benchmarks would lead you to believe. I wish.
2019.03.08_Intel_660p_1TB_apples_to_apples comparison.png
2019.03.08_wd_black_1tb.png

This deal is dead but I just wanted to add some last words.
I use Adobe Lightroom to edit pictures and load games from a WD Black 1TB drive from 8+ years ago. I replaced it with this drive on a 4x PCIE adapter. The benchmarks show a huge speed advantage. The speed at which things load is noticeable but not 20x faster like the benchmarks would lead you to believe. I wish.
View attachment 147216 View attachment 147217

Yeah man those 1tb WD blacks were tanks. Had 3 of them that were all still going strong at 6-7 years of use.

$109.99 at Micro Center, in-store only, limit 1 per household. If you want it faster, or you have cold hard cash.

Intel 660p 1TB 3D NAND QLC M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive

PC perspective did a great job communicating what this drive is and does.

33 min into it Allen talks about it in detail and he knows his drives. It's a great drive for it's target audience. You need to determine if that's you.

PC per is a mere shadow of it's former self.

Amazon has them. Seller is also Amazon, lowest price. 512GB is $69.99. $109.99 1TB
$214.99 2TB

The speed at which things load is noticeable but not 20x faster like the benchmarks would lead you to believe

Remember that the rest of the system also plays a part in loading/saving once the media storage bottleneck is lifted it can end up being bottlenecked by some other part of the system. In games many of the times the CPU becomes the bottelneck.

Amazon has them. Seller is also Amazon, lowest price. 512GB is $69.99. $109.99 1TB
$214.99 2TB

I bought a 2TB for a kids rig storage drive. They DL games right and left, filled up the 1TB on their other rig seemingly overnight. Now they have a 1TB 970 Pro system drive and 2TB 660p storage. Parents can buy something if they want more storage (or heaven forbid deleting some of those precious files).

I bought a 2TB for a kids rig storage drive. They DL games right and left, filled up the 1TB on their other rig seemingly overnight. Now they have a 1TB 970 Pro system drive and 2TB 660p storage. Parents can buy something if they want more storage (or heaven forbid deleting some of those precious files).

The results are in and i'm your long lost son, please send some large SSDs my way.

Thanks,

Your son

Back