Hot? Intel 4770K for $289.99 FS w/ Prime

If you have access to a Microcenter store, that processor typically goes for $250 there. They generally have the cheapest prices on boxed processors.

Hrm. I might look in to how I can get access through someone. I need to upgrade my mobo, processor, and RAM, and was thinking of waiting until DDR4 was widespread enough that prices started to drop, but it's my understanding that the next generation of Intel chips are going to be stupidly expensive. If that's the case, I just need to find the sweet spot for price/performance in hardware that's currently out.

Hrm. I might look in to how I can get access through someone. I need to upgrade my mobo, processor, and RAM, and was thinking of waiting until DDR4 was widespread enough that prices started to drop, but it's my understanding that the next generation of Intel chips are going to be stupidly expensive. If that's the case, I just need to find the sweet spot for price/performance in hardware that's currently out.

How do you have any clue what the price of the chips will be ????

I'd wait lots o changes :)

The 4770k is an "EXPENSIVE" CPU compared to the "standard" every day CPU, so i`m really not sure what you're getting at. I recall spending around $500 for a 200mhz MMX when it first came out... was that 20 years ago already? So, spending $280 or $200 for a 4770k in this day and age is insanely cheap, then normally 350-400, I don't see intel's comparable 4770k costing more than 400$ in a few months ?? Or maybe you think that's REALLY expensive when it's on-par with their current offerings??

Either way, there's a good amount of changes coming from the motherboards and cpus that I'd personally wait toward end of year to decide.
I have an x58 6core I`m going to update end of this year, early next, maybe get rid of my 3930k completely too, we`ll see :)

If you have access to a Microcenter store, that processor typically goes for $250 there. They generally have the cheapest prices on boxed processors.
YMMV, but Staples appears to have no issues price matching the Microcenter in-store CPU prices through their online store. Just have to request a PM through the online chat with the link to Microcenter.

The 4770k is an "EXPENSIVE" CPU compared to the "standard" every day CPU, so i`m really not sure what you're getting at. I recall spending around $500 for a 200mhz MMX when it first came out... was that 20 years ago already? So, spending $280 or $200 for a 4770k in this day and age is insanely cheap, then normally 350-400, I don't see intel's comparable 4770k costing more than 400$ in a few months ?? Or maybe you think that's REALLY expensive when it's on-par with their current offerings??

Here, I googled it for you

Its a good deal but of course MC is better.

FYI staples is training the reps to only PM with a physical location nearby. (they have caught on the limit one in-store only bit :))

I tried getting one denied. Tried 3 more unsuccessful times (call and chat)

Unfortunately, the closest Microcenter to me is about 2.5 hours away. With sales tax and gas cost it's just not worth the drive unless I happen to be going to Atlanta anyway.

Grabbed the 4770K. Thanks! No MicroCenters in FL so this is the best price available to me by far.

Back