Hot: Inland 2TB "Premium" E12 Phishon NVMe 4x @ Microcenter $224.99

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.microcenter.com/product...80-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

lot of you guys have been asking about this, expressing interest. Now in stock.

The next cheapest 2TB Nvme drive I could find was $268 which is very possibly the same drive, chipset and manufacturer, which I'm fairly certain I'm right.

https://www.amazon.com/addlink-Gen3...ocphy=9023884&hvtargid=pla-623682034929&psc=1

So $50 dollars nearly cheaper than the cheapest drive I could find.

Many drives are $300 to $400+ for a 2TB Nvme.

Prices seem to be holding steady.

Not sure what Black Friday will bring seeing as how prices are pretty damn good now, today.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow nice price. Unfortunately sold at out Tustin store

I can't believe microcenter only has one store in CA!

I visited the Boston Micro Center and the store was a mess...but still full of cool stuff and deals. Was a nice throw back and reminded me a bit of CompUSA and Computer City.

The real problem is that their website just won’t allow me to use any of my cards due to a very common address issue.

Wow nice price. Unfortunately sold at out Tustin store

I can't believe microcenter only has one store in CA!

it's mostly because fry's has that market locked down in california. profit margins would be to thin for both companies to compete in the same cities.

I visited the Boston Micro Center and the store was a mess...but still full of cool stuff and deals. Was a nice throw back and reminded me a bit of CompUSA and Computer City.

The real problem is that their website just won’t allow me to use any of my cards due to a very common address issue.
One in Baltimore is pretty clean besides the case sections. A bunch are ripped apart.

Those are Intel’s QLC drives. They’re good until you start doing very large file transfers, then they grind to a halt. Fine for average users or as a Steam Drive. Certainly better than a spinner.

The special feature of the Inland is the Phison e12 controller. It’s performance is closer to pro level drives with MLC/TLC memory. The closest drive in Amazon to this price is the Sabrent line.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07M...waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3Q=

Hmmm... Thinking I should get one of these to use as a local backup drive for my 1TB Inland drive, haha... Damn you MC!!!

yeah my issue is my options for drives are limited 2x m.2 and 1x 2.5 sata 7mm doesnt leave me with a lot of cheap large options. I will probably throw a cheap 2tb ssd in the 2nd m.2 slot i have a 2tb firecuda in my 2.5 i suppose they do make stupid expensive large ssd that i could stuff in there. i miss the 4.5tb i had... down to 3TB

Well damn, time to start banking up for black friday and load a new mobo out with these. Can finally got SATAless.

Time to finally get off the Samsung 840 evo 240gb boot drive? ehhhhh but I'll have to reinstall. Maybe on my next motherboard swap.

Time to finally get off the Samsung 840 evo 240gb boot drive? ehhhhh but I'll have to reinstall. Maybe on my next motherboard swap.
Nope, just clone it! That's what I did with my two systems, but in such a case I went from sata ssd to nvme. At any rate, after a lot of trial and error I found Macrium Reflect via the image method (not in place clone) to be the best solution. Of course if you aren't having any space issues, just stay put.

I got the 1TB of this and it is smoking fast. I use the a lot of the space for video editing.

Was curious if there's a great benefit to have your games on M.2 with OS or will the run just as well on an SSD or spinning HD?

I got the 1TB of this and it is smoking fast. I use the a lot of the space for video editing.

Was curious if there's a great benefit to have your games on M.2 with OS or will the run just as well on an SSD or spinning HD?
Benefit is there with ssd, with hdd, not so much.

Nope, just clone it! That's what I did with my two systems, but in such a case I went from sata ssd to nvme. At any rate, after a lot of trial and error I found Macrium Reflect via the image method (not in place clone) to be the best solution. Of course if you aren't having any space issues, just stay put.

On my secondary rig / plex server, I tried to clone a SSD to a m.2 drive 10 different ways and no boot no how. But a clean install worked fine. Going to m.2/nvme screws up the boot order and driver somehow.

I'm not hurting for space on a boot drive so I'll hang until next motherboard. And nvme boot speed vs sata ssd isn't a huge diff unless you're holding a stopwatch.

edit - and you know what, Civ V on SSD vs modern 7200 hdd. load time.. not a big difference. And it doesn't make in-game any faster. But every game is different.

On my secondary rig / plex server, I tried to clone a SSD to a m.2 drive 10 different ways and no boot no how. But a clean install worked fine. Going to m.2/nvme screws up the boot order and driver somehow.

I'm not hurting for space on a boot drive so I'll hang until next motherboard. And nvme boot speed vs sata ssd isn't a huge diff unless you're holding a stopwatch.

edit - and you know what, Civ V on SSD vs modern 7200 hdd. load time.. not a big difference. And it doesn't make in-game any faster. But every game is different.
I actually ran into a plethora of issues myself, but Macrium Reflect actually worked for me, so I was trying to offer up the easy path! A big potential issue is going from MBR to GPT, this drive simply cannot be cloned if the source image is MBR. There's a little utility called MBR2GPT, that if you run it first and convert your existing SSD to GPT, the clone goes off without a hitch. I was having all kinds of weird issues, windows updates failing, weird permissions problems, etc. In my case a reinstall was absolutely out of the question, so I had to fight through it.
Edit: I remember a great example for hdd vs ssd loading was Killing Floor 2, that still takes a while to load but like 30 seconds versus 3 minutes!

Still can't verify billing and still too lazy to call. Good thing these glitches prevent me from impulse buying lol

I still think 2TB is way too huge for a boot drive but this is just a personal opinion.

I would like this drive but strictly for games.

Still, great deal in my opinion considering how insanely fast this drive is.

Awesome! Unless I am mistaken from my quick browsing of their site, Micro Center will ship this thing, too. As in, those of us nowhere near a Micro Center can get one. :)

those of us nowhere near a Micro Center can get one

I live several hundred miles away from the closest MC. That is unless I am visiting relatives (which are 350 miles away) but have a MC that is only 30 minutes away.

Last edited:
Thank you for this post. This is on my short list for my i7-4770k -> 3950x upgrade :)

yeah my issue is my options for drives are limited 2x m.2 and 1x 2.5 sata 7mm doesnt leave me with a lot of cheap large options. I will probably throw a cheap 2tb ssd in the 2nd m.2 slot i have a 2tb firecuda in my 2.5 i suppose they do make stupid expensive large ssd that i could stuff in there. i miss the 4.5tb i had... down to 3TB

If you have a 2.5" bay just use the Micron Ion 5210, it's around a $100 a TB: https://www.amazon.com/Micron-MTFDDAK7T6QDE-7-68TB-2-5-Inch-Enterprise/dp/B07JQ2F2WG

Back