[Hot] IMO Rosewill cherry browns $68

rudy

[H]F Junkie
So the cherry brown Rosewill has been on sale recently for $80, and now there is a 15% off coupon EMCNBHG53 which I suspect they will fix the price on the cherry browns soon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201042

This brings the total price to $68 which is a somewhat rare price for cherry browns which are usually higher than the rest of the keyboards and people look for them as the conservative choice for mechanical keyboards.

thank you, also of note, the blue is also the same price. Got a set of blues and browns. both are free shipping!

while the blacks and reds are $99 and don't even come with FS :(
good thing i got in on the monoprice blacks and reds the other week for $50 and $90! this worked out perfectly since i won't buy rosewill blacks/reds for $108 since they will be much better for the upcoming holidays im sure

i think this a really good seems like a solid keyboard
do you guys know if this keyboard is made by filco or some other company and rebranded it?

i have a cm quick fire pro with brown switches and its basically a rebranded filco keyboard

Can't be shipped to Illinois?!
WTF
This product cannot be shipped to IL, NC and NY.
Due to state or local laws and manufacturer or shipping carrier restrictions, we are unable to deliver certain products to all geographical locations.

I'm typing on this same model right now.. very nice keyboard overall. good deal for $68. Don't think you can find cherry browns for this price anywhere else.

My keyboard broke within a couple weeks. The mini USB plug on the board breaks very easily, it's like they didn't even solder it in there. There are many reports of this in the newegg reviews too. It's a common issue that Rosewill still hasn't addressed.

Rosewill is slow to respond via email, so good luck, and YMMV. [EDIT]--they do respond to their email, but it may take a couple days. If they don't respond after a couple days, email again (that's what I did, and finally got a response)

Last edited:
My keyboard broke within a couple weeks. The mini USB plug on the board breaks very easily, it's like they didn't even solder it in there. There are many reports of this in the newegg reviews too. It's a common issue that Rosewill still hasn't addressed.

Rosewill is slow to respond via email, so good luck, and YMMV.

s/rosewill/newegg?

rosewill is newegg's house brand. weird how they don't respond quickly.

C

These are great keyboards IMO, especially the browns. I also like how compact they are while still including the 10-key block. So long as you're aware of the USB connector issue and are careful, it's not a problem. (You guys move your KB around that much? Mine has sat in the same place since I got it ...)

That said, if you want blues I'd be very tempted to go with Gamerdad's Das Professional for $92.64, that's a great price for a Das.

passing... because that mini usb issue scares the crap outta me, not interested in throwing $70 out the window or dealing with RMA with a known issue they don;t wanna take care of.

The not shipping to specific states apparently has something to do with those states' new laws regarding the recycling of various products; blame your politicians.

s/rosewill/newegg?

rosewill is newegg's house brand. weird how they don't respond quickly.

C
After a couple days passed of them not responding to my first email, I sent another and they replied to that the following day.

passing... because that mini usb issue scares the crap outta me, not interested in throwing $70 out the window or dealing with RMA with a known issue they don;t wanna take care of.
It's for the best. The rest of the keyboard is great, and I like the red metal plate behind the keys...but that dang mini USB port really does fail like clockwork. They'd be doing themselves a big favor if they released a 2nd version of the board, and extended the warranty for boards affected by the mini-USB issue. At least that way they wouldn't need to recall boards that may be unaffected. I do not know the full extent of how many boards are affected, but it seems to be very common.

So long as you're aware of the USB connector issue and are careful, it's not a problem. (You guys move your KB around that much? Mine has sat in the same place since I got it ...)
It's a fatigue failure, so if you never move your board, then there's no fatigue and no inevitable failure. I was aware of the issue and was careful, but I was also moving my board around since I swap between my HHKB Pro2 and this board with the MX browns. I guess failure was inevitable in my case.

Last edited:
I use mine all the time, daily I move the keyboard between strait in front of me and off to the side and angled for gaming. So far none of the 3 I own have failed over several months.

nope no garbage speakers and no garbage webcam, lol I still have 2 of those webcams I need to sell.

FYI, amazon has the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Keyboard with Cherry MX Blues on sale for $64, prime eligible. I was hesitant to buy the Rosewill b/c of the cord issue and this one had pretty good reviews so I bit. I received it today and so far I am extremely happy with my purchase. The only major difference as far as I could tell is that this keyboard does not have a numpad.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FYI, amazon has the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Keyboard with Cherry MX Blues on sale for $64, prime eligible. I was hesitant to buy the Rosewill b/c of the cord issue and this one had pretty good reviews so I bit. I received it today and so far I am extremely happy with my purchase. The only major difference as far as I could tell is that this keyboard does not have a numpad.
Yeah I was feeling the same way about the rosewell. That CM Storm KB looks quite tempting though :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah to each his own, personally I never thought about it, always looked for full sized keyboards with num pad for laptops. My favorite layout is what they seem to call compact where the arrows are some how squeezed inbetween the num pad and keyboard and they get rid of insert et al.

Back