*HOT HOT HOT*LG UltraGear 38" Class WQHD IPS Curved Gaming Monitor 1600p 1099 marked down from 1599

That is tempting. Why can't they put the monitor power supply inside the housing, though.....

Deal is meh to me. At 1200-1500 price point I would get an Oled instead. Thanks for sharing though

What ultrawide oled exists that doesn’t have abysmal 1440p rez?
Went from a 38" UW to 34" OLED and will do jt over 1000x again, the extra real estate pales in comparison with inf contrast, no glow, perfect uniformity and REAL HDR.

Beyond Garbage, avoid at all costs.
But it has motion blur reduction and I hate when I can't turn that off in games. And you can overclock the refresh rate! And it has RGB. On the back. Where nobody can effing see it. Unless you're at a business desk, then people will see it and know you're conducting serious gaming business. /s

Ok but seriously why's it garbage?

Is this pretty much an AW3821DW? Honestly, not a bad deal but I am upgrading from my AW to a LG C2 for better 4K, OLED, increased vertical res.

The LG C2 42" is also on sale right now and I would argue you'd get a better viewing experience with that than this. I also felt 21:9 was kinda weird at times as the sides would just be distorted/stretched for certain games.

I know it's meant for peripheral vision but it would just throw me out of immersion every time I glanced over and see a stretched out NPC on the side of the screen.

Edit: for anyone looking for the LG C2 - $1060 + tax

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334482012948

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
But it has motion blur reduction and I hate when I can't turn that off in games. And you can overclock the refresh rate! And it has RGB. On the back. Where nobody can effing see it. Unless you're at a business desk, then people will see it and know you're conducting serious gaming business. /s

Ok but seriously why's it garbage?
edge lit IPS with 8 dimming zones enough said..

I am waiting on the new Asus PG42UQ pricing to release for the US market. 42in 4k Oled true monitor that's not a TV. Hopefully it's not over 2k 😥.

I've been thinking about making this switch - which 34" OLED did you get?
There's only 1 afaik, the Dell Alienware AW3423DW QD-OLED https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ali...onitors-monitor-accessories#techspecs_section

My take on it is this, if I didn't get the AW3821DW 1.5 years ago for $1100 and was upgrading from my AW3418DW or AW3420DW, I would definitely go with the AW3423DW OLED without a doubt. That being said, now that I've used 3840x1600, I don't think I could go back to 3440x1440 even for OLED since I also spend 3/5 days working from home and the extra real estate is awesome for work. 2x1920x1600 with Windows snap is just a lot better than 1720x1440 for work/productivity. I'll wait for a 3840x1600 QD-OLED when they release it before I upgrade again.

If I were to pick today between a 3840x1600p IPS vs. the Dell QD-OLED 3440x1440p for similar money, I probably would go with the Dell QD-OLED as well. Its all a matter of what you've experienced and what you're willing to give up. Also of note, the Dell QD-OLED has been backordered for months at a time and had some pretty serious QC issues at launch with high screen failure rates. It looks like most of those issues have been addressed and you can get the Dell QD-OLED now within a few days (used to have 2-3 months lead time).

Also, if you are an American Express Card Holder, you can get the QD-OLED for a significant discount if you have one or more card offers for $120 off $600 at Dell. Use 2 payment methods with two Amex cards for $600 and $700 and you will get $240 off the total price for a nice ~10% discount. You used to be able to apply 10% off for signing up but they caught on and removed these Alienware SKUs from that promo at some point.

Back