HOT HOT HOT Bissell Big Green 300 bucks!

Damn that's gotta be the best product rating I've ever seen, 87% 5 star + 9% 4 star with over 1500 reviews.

Bought this on an amazon black Friday sale 2 years ago for about the same price ($287). It's a beast.:D

yea i bought one but it broke so just rebought it...so damn pissed GRAWRRRR

FYI heating the water to 160-170 degrees F does wonders. I get like 150 out of tap and heating it that extra 20 F does a lot with extracting more dirt!

I just noticed at your local walmart they have rentable Rug Doctors so you don't have to worry about storing the thing and it won't cost you a arm and a leg.

I just noticed at your local walmart they have rentable Rug Doctors so you don't have to worry about storing the thing and it won't cost you a arm and a leg.

Imagine for a minute that Quagmire used one of those rentable Rug Doctors to clean his carpets. Would you still be inclined to use it on yours?

It's set up like a vending machine they have doors you insert a credit card rent it buy the extra carpet shampoo. I'm sure they have a Rug Doctor Doctor to clean the machines and make sure they still work.

As an aside, I'm currently using the Bissell powerfresh steam mop to clean up the construction dust, paint, and grout haze from a bunch of newly-installed rough-textured tile. It's working better than expected.

As far as actual dry vacuums (because I'm not cleaning much carpet), I'd be looking more at Miele (for what I'm told is excellent filtration) and Riccar if we didn't mysteriously have someone's Oreck XL lying around.

does it have a rotary brush?

I am not impressed with the lesser bissell products...needs moar agitation

edit/ I see that it does...hmmmmm

I bought it a couple months ago for $464... sigh in October too late for price adjustment huh

Amazing machine compared to the other cheap ones.

Edit: sent them an email about how it's such a large amount and that I buy everything from them so they refunded me $164 lol

Thanks for posting this guys!

Last edited:
Has anyone used this on rugs (not carpet) I have a pet that likes a certain corner of the rug and it does not smell good. I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be ruining it. The rug is a Macy's one which is pretty good quality.

This is much better then rug doctor! I have used both and this is much better and the carpet barely gets wet. Granted, I do thing the Big Green could be a little more generous with solution for heavily solid areas.

This also has 2 separate motors for suction and the brush which is nice.

Has anyone used this on rugs (not carpet) I have a pet that likes a certain corner of the rug and it does not smell good. I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be ruining it. The rug is a Macy's one which is pretty good quality.

I havent used it on rugs yet but will sometime next week. PM me next weekend and see if I have tried it out yet!

yea i bought one but it broke so just rebought it...so damn pissed GRAWRRRR

FYI heating the water to 160-170 degrees F does wonders. I get like 150 out of tap and heating it that extra 20 F does a lot with extracting more dirt!

Does the unit heat up the water? With rug doctor I use the hottest tap I can, and sometimes even heat it up on the stove first.

Does the unit heat up the water? With rug doctor I use the hottest tap I can, and sometimes even heat it up on the stove first.

no it does not heat, which is why i said heating the tap water to 160-170 F helps a lot. I heat it up on my coorded induction stove top. I check temp with my IR gun.

Bear in mind it says do not boil the water so I am not responsible if something bad happens. I dont boil it I just give it a little extra heat and it makes a night and day difference in its cleaning ability. I also use water from my RO lawl...why not right? Not like I ever use much of it any ways.

I would wager the reason none of these heat is because added cost and the simple fact that 120v 15a can not provide enough energy. It would require twice that amount of power to be able to heat too!

I'll also post all I got on different cleaners and how to use them. There are like 3 major different cleaners that work in different ways so using it correctly and on the right stuff makes a major difference in cleaning power and effectiveness

yeah, heating the water till you fear for the seals is key

with that and a rotary brush...look out...this place going to get CLEAN motherfuckers!

Those things are a joke. Once I got into the rental market figured out real fast that rug doctors do more harm than good to your carpet.

I've owned mine for 3-4 years now and yes its awesome!! White carpet with 2 young kids and it works and works great!

Amazed by the seriously nasty water I dump out of it everytime!

There's a reason why they rent these out.. it's heavy duty and built to last.

I call mine the big green monster! Haha

I wouldn't use the carpet cleaner normally.. prob tear it up.

But I would use the stair cleaner attachment. It sprays and then sucks up the moisture.. also has some bristles to scrub.

I wouldn't use the carpet cleaner normally.. prob tear it up.

But I would use the stair cleaner attachment. It sprays and then sucks up the moisture.. also has some bristles to scrub.

i got the one that is powered by the suctions. I am going to test it out on the big green. I am hopeful it doesn't suck because the suction on the big green is much better then the smaller carpet cleaners

no it does not heat, which is why i said heating the tap water to 160-170 F helps a lot. I heat it up on my coorded induction stove top. I check temp with my IR gun.

Bear in mind it says do not boil the water so I am not responsible if something bad happens. I dont boil it I just give it a little extra heat and it makes a night and day difference in its cleaning ability. I also use water from my RO lawl...why not right? Not like I ever use much of it any ways.

I would wager the reason none of these heat is because added cost and the simple fact that 120v 15a can not provide enough energy. It would require twice that amount of power to be able to heat too!

I'll also post all I got on different cleaners and how to use them. There are like 3 major different cleaners that work in different ways so using it correctly and on the right stuff makes a major difference in cleaning power and effectiveness

I usually boil it on my 22k btu gas range burner. As for cleaner, outside of store bought, I have had good luck with oxiclean or vinegar. Works nice if you put some baking soda on the bad spots first, hit it with vinegar, and then steam over it.

Kids rub lipstick in the carpet, glitter glue, food coloring, chocolate milk, you name it.

god damn i love amazon! I just got a chance to contact them and even thought the deal of the day just past in the last hour or so. They at least gave me 50 bucks back!!!!!! I love them!!! Seriously best service ever. 60 with tax :D

The best part is the 10 dollars less tax. FU IL!

Back