HOT!!! Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H $114 @ Microcenter !

Thats $60 off what its been. Will still work with the $40 off with CPU.

My store has an open box one for $90.

I just picked one up today.. the Box says 229$ on it.. I had planned on a cheap 90$ asus board for my buddies build and came across this .. holy crap what a deal! I hate the bios layout.. way to busy with the background.. wish it was cleaner looking.

I just picked one up today.. the Box says 229$ on it.. I had planned on a cheap 90$ asus board for my buddies build and came across this .. holy crap what a deal! I hate the bios layout.. way to busy with the background.. wish it was cleaner looking.

Did you notice if the $40 off bundle deal applied ?

I've had the Z87X-UD4H since Haswell's launch and have been very happy with it. I really like the design of the BIOS (and you can change the background wallpaper if you don't like it). It (physically) looks nice, it's cheap, and it does everything I need it to do.

It was a good deal even when I bought it at launch from Microcenter for $150, but this is an insanely good price.

Love this board. Shame Haswell was such a flop or I would be all over this. Hell I'm on a 2500k and this is still very tempting.

Love this board. Shame Haswell was such a flop or I would be all over this. Hell I'm on a 2500k and this is still very tempting.

Perfect opportunity to step up to 4670k with this MB.

I think it would be a good combo and you could probably sell your 2500k and MB and get some money to help offset the expense.

Really good deal at MC.

Last edited:
Having gone back from a dellided 4770K to 2500K, Im happier sticking with Sandy. Higher clocks / lower temps.

Haha yeah it's all about looking for some Costa Rica batches then.
Not that rifling through MC's selection is really a fruitful endeavor, but gotta take advantage of having a local B&M as much as you can :p

Haha yeah it's all about looking for some Costa Rica batches then.
Not that rifling through MC's selection is really a fruitful endeavor, but gotta take advantage of having a local B&M as much as you can :p

I thought I read a few times that overclocking potential no longer varied with the fab since at least Ivy Bridge.

local store has open box for $80, wonder if I can get $40 off that with an i5 purchase?

local store has open box for $80, wonder if I can get $40 off that with an i5 purchase?

Only if you are very lucky. I used to have no problem getting them to do combo discounts with open box items (once did it with an open box board and an open box CPU), but in the past year they don't do it unless the open box item is barely cheaper then the new one. Depends on how much money they have in the board, they wont sell them for a loss.

Just got a Costa Rica 4670K from Rockville muahah.
^^Yeah I'm aware it's still silicon lottery, but one can hope lol.

Anyone with a MC near by want to buy one for me and ship it? I will pay the cost difference

Reviews are not the best on this board on newegg, although the deal makes it tempting.

I don't take newegg reviews seriously, ever. However, the reviews for this board on newegg, seem to be on par with every other board. 4 stars.

I didn't get 40$ off but I got a processor that the deal normally isnt applied to anyways. I got the cheapest i5 they had since this was a budget build for a friend. Board seems nice though. I wonder why such a huge discount?

UD4H is an excellent board. I love mine and it's solid as a rock.

I didn't get 40$ off but I got a processor that the deal normally isnt applied to anyways. I got the cheapest i5 they had since this was a budget build for a friend. Board seems nice though. I wonder why such a huge discount?

what do you mean you didn't get the $40 off? you didnt buy a mobo and proc? Or they don't offer that special anymore?

what do you mean you didn't get the $40 off? you didnt buy a mobo and proc? Or they don't offer that special anymore?

I believe he is saying he got the board and a cheap i5 that wasn't eligible for the bundle. $40 bundle only works with 4770k and 4670k. I could be wrong tho.

I'm still waiting for a solid response if this board qualifies for the $40 off cpu/mobo combo. If it does, I might just jump on it.

Too bad Tustin MC don't do $199 4670k's no more. Lame

Gotta 4770K runnin on my UD4H at 4.5 ghz and 1.2 volts w 16G Ram. Stable as a rock. Love this board.

Checkout the Reviews for the Hero, 5 starts.

Good board, owned it for a bit.

Ratings will eventually come down to 4 stars though. 5 star ratings for motherboards on newegg, are very rare.

There's more than a few z87 motherboardds with 5 star ratings at the moment. I doubt they'll last.

Good board, owned it for a bit.

Ratings will eventually come down to 4 stars though. 5 star ratings for motherboards on newegg, are very rare.

There's more than a few z87 motherboardds with 5 star ratings at the moment. I doubt they'll last.

Honestly I was reading the review on tom's and I think it would have enough features for me if I purchased a seperate sound card for it. Well there's those bios and mouse issues but I could probably deal with them. I just hate to start making compromises for something that I will probably have for a long time. If you really can get the $40 off them I'd almost just have to do it, someone go test that out!

I was really looking for a higher end board like the Formula VI, but I'm not sure it will be usable now that I found out the waterblock is aluminum :(

I noticed my core temps were 10c higher with the Hero at the same voltage than my Gigabyte Z87x-D3H. I messed with a ton of settings and remounted 4 times. It was stable though.

I was really looking for a higher end board like the Formula VI, but I'm not sure it will be usable now that I found out the waterblock is aluminum :(
Haven't paid attention on how much "better" the audio is on the formula, but the hero is a good alternative. Cheaper, same vrm's, and good bios. ....(*bad c/s support :p*).

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the rog armor on the vi formula.
I noticed my core temps were 10c higher with the Hero at the same voltage than my Gigabyte Z87x-D3H. I messed with a ton of settings and remounted 4 times. It was stable though.
Interesting. Maybe something went wrong with your cooler?

I'm still waiting for a solid response if this board qualifies for the $40 off cpu/mobo combo. If it does, I might just jump on it.

Too bad Tustin MC don't do $199 4670k's no more. Lame

It qualified for me.
$114.99-$40 = $74.99 + $199.99 = $275 before tax for i5 4670K + UD4H.

I daresay this is less than what I paid for my current combo 4 years ago :p

It qualified for me.
$114.99-$40 = $74.99 + $199.99 = $275 before tax for i5 4670K + UD4H.

I daresay this is less than what I paid for my current combo 4 years ago :p

Thanks. I'm heading down there tonight. This is too hot of a deal to miss out especially $40 off combo

I've got to stop coming to this forum.
Picked up a UD4H and 4670k on my way home from work. I leave my PC on 24/7, and I've sort of been wanting to bring down the idle power draw...Yeah, that was the best excuse I could come up with, blame Intel.
$293.xx after tax. I think I paid close to $300 for my X58 mobo alone.
They had one Open Box Z87X-UD4H at the store but it was marked at $143.xx and they wouldn't mark it down further, so I just got a brand new one.

l3hfeBr.jpg

I built a rig for my friend w/ this board, rock solid for over a month now. I'm considering getting one for myself.

They are unloading this because they are probably dumping stock with the C1 stepping for the C2 chipsets. Killer deal if you don't care about the USB bug. (which most don't)

I caved and bought an open box with $40 off. CPU $199 mobo 51.96

total with gas and tax $276

problem: NO BACKPLATE with the mobo!!
any idea where I can get one ?

Back