HOT - Geezer Mechanical Blue Switch RGB Keyboard $29.51 Shipped (Amazon)!

Iceshot

Limp Gawd
Heads up, Geezer Mechanical Blue Switch RGB Keyboard $29.51 Shipped no tax (after 20% coupon, check the box below the price). Got one for my son's PC, damn nice keyboard and unbeatable under $30!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GKQ2OVA

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like it's up to $36.89 now

Reading is fundamental.

Thats a pretty damn good price for an MX Cherry Mechanical keyboard. I cant decide if I need it or just want it as a backup on the shelf. I have a corsair k75 or something at home and a monoprice at work. Both with MX Cherry Reds so no extra click which I think I prefer. Decisions Decision.

They are Cherry clone switches, but very good ones. I have a few mechanical Corsair keyboards (brown and blue switches) and from a switch perspective, the difference is so nominal, I'd be hard pressed if I were blindfolded to tell you the difference (and I'm quite picky and discerning). The caps are a bit better on the Corsair, but at 5x the price they should be. Deal is stupid good for under $30 don't hesitate to squeeze the trigger!

Would be cool if they had a good MX Red clone in this price range.

Likewise. Switches are not Cherry MX.

Noted, but to be fair they are being marketed very similarly to MX Cherry switches, almost deceptively. I dont think anyone else markets their switches as blue/red/brown.

Thanks OP. I've been waiting for a cheap keyboard like this to see if it's worth it or just a novelty.

Noted, but to be fair they are being marketed very similarly to MX Cherry switches, almost deceptively. I dont think anyone else markets their switches as blue/red/brown.

There are MANY others aside from Geezer who do (browse through Newegg's mechanical keyboards to see what I mean) and "most" keyboard manufactures who use mechanical switches (but not Cherry branded ones) follow Cherry's L..O..N..G established performance / color scheme as they are well understood in the world of keyboards. Cherry switches have been around decades (patent expired long ago), and many of the knock off's yield identical performance at a fraction of the cost.

Amazon's return policy is unmatched online (I always have recieved a free prepaid return labels and No, I don't pay for Prime) so you have nothing to lose if your not satisfied with it. I like my Corsair K70 RGB LUX keyboard but if I were in the market today, no way in hell would I have spent $150 for a Corsair when I can get a Geezer for under $30 (1/5th the cost) that performs just as well. To be fair, IMO the Corsair K70 looks "modestly" better (compared side by side) and has a "few" foo-foo extra's but the Geezer gets you 80-85% of the K70 at 1/5 the cost. Without a doubt, the best "bang for the buck" (by a mile) for a gaming mechanical blue switch RGB keyboard!

Who the hell decided to call this keyboard the Geezer? Is it being marketed to senior citizens? :hilarious:

I bought a very similar one several months ago by ChYu, just to have a cheap RGB MX Blue clone switch at work, and can echo what others have said. It’s super impressive for the price. Keys feel great and you can’t beat an RGB mechanical for less than $30. That being said, the quality isn’t as high as my Duckys and other premium mech boards (duh) and it lacks some of the features but for the price, who’s complaining?

Not to mention Corsair's lighting is a hit and miss on their higher end keyboards. On my K95 Platinum, the top bar is all messed up. Some of the bars run into the other, some don't go all the way to the edge. CQ seems to be lacking on these expensive keyboards. As Iceshot noted. If I had to buy another one it wouldn't be an expensive bad QC Corsair keyboard. I would gladly buy that one for $30 and laugh all the way home.

Last edited:
Great for a spare. May use this as a primary if it feels better than my Strafe RGB.

I do wanna try one of these. I do not need another kb but I really wanna see what these cheap mechanicals are like. IMO it cant be any worse than the Blackwidow Ultimate I had - that thing was an utter POS - I daresay this would easily be better. Part of me hoping this sells out or ends soon or I'm gonna cave and order it....

Would be cool if they had a good MX Red clone in this price range.
I'd be all over it if this were the case. Having said that I still want this.

Nice find OP, thanks for the heads up.

*edit* I wonder how these compare (quality-wise) to the Aukey KM-G6 which is currently $31.81 with promo code KE8PNKE8
https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Mechan...?ie=UTF8&qid=1515638895&sr=8-1&keywords=KM-G6
Both KB have similar critical review ratio (9 critical out of 54 for the Geezer vs 26 out of 132 for the Aukey).
It does appear the Aukey is NOT a true RBG lit board (some reviewers mention the colors may not be adjustable, only the brightness).

Last edited:
OK, so... These are Gaote/Outemu switches, which I'm familiar with. I actually LIKE the Outemu blue switches, but be warned, they are LOUD. Like, louder by far than any other type of Blue switch, be it cherry, gateron, kailh, etc. They're simply put, the loudest switches I have ever heard on any keyboard ever.

Be warned.

They are, however, quite good, for as long as they work. Don't expect miracles from this obvious budget/knockoff keyboard.

They are Cherry clone switches, but very good ones. I have a few mechanical Corsair keyboards (brown and blue switches) and from a switch perspective, the difference is so nominal, I'd be hard pressed if I were blindfolded to tell you the difference (and I'm quite picky and discerning). The caps are a bit better on the Corsair, but at 5x the price they should be. Deal is stupid good for under $30 don't hesitate to squeeze the trigger!

OK, so... I could easily tell the difference between Cherry, Gateron, Outemu and Kailh (OK, less so on Cherry vs Gateron, but still...). Blindfolded or not, it doesn't really matter, since the switches are hidden under the caps anyways. Hell, you could tell the difference with these within 30 seconds, they're simply loud as fuck and easy to identify.

Also, I'm not knocking anyone, but can we relax on comparing this to Corsair? They're not exactly held in high regard in the keyboard community at all. They're on a level with Logitech, right above Razer, and FAR below brands like Ducky, Filco, KBP, and even Coolermaster (who have some legit, quality boards). They're absolutely not worth the price Corsair is charging, unless you get them on a supersale.

*edit* I wonder how these compare (quality-wise) to the Aukey KM-G6 which is currently $31.81 with promo code KE8PNKE8
https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Mechan...?ie=UTF8&qid=1515638895&sr=8-1&keywords=KM-G6
Both KB have similar critical review ratio (9 critical out of 54 for the Geezer vs 26 out of 132 for the Aukey).
It does appear the Aukey is NOT a true RBG lit board (some reviewers mention the colors may not be adjustable, only the brightness).

That is NOT an RGB keyboard, it's a "rainbow" board with fixed LED colors. I'm a fan of those Outemu waterproof blue switches though. Same noise warnings apply.

The boards linked below go on sale regularly and are definitely a notch above in quality. I got the Z-77 for my wife and she LOVES it, refuses to replace it with one of my better boards and is considering buying a spare just in case hers ever breaks and the board isn't available anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-DIY-Replaceable/dp/B01I1N6J34/

https://www.amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Programmable-Switches/dp/B01EFOJ0L6/

I believe we paid $38 for the Z-77, so just keep an eye out, and check Amazon Warehouse once in a while.

Last edited:
Gone through dozens of mechanical keyboards in the past few years with Outemu, Kailh, Gateron, and Cherry MX switches.

Ditto on Outemu\Gaote blues (i.e. same ones used in this deal) being noisier. At the time, I had a Monoprice Enthusiast mechanical keyboard with Outemu blues right next to my Das Keyboard Professional with Cherry MX blues. The Outemus are definitely louder and require a hair more force; they actually felt more like Cherry MX Greens than Blues, IMO. From my experience I couldn't recommend Outemu blues to anyone for the single reason that their tolerances were a bit off, which made the stem rub against the housing. This meant that some of my Outemu blues would squeek or even jam if not pressed at a perfect angle, which is common for keys that you'd hit with the left pinky fingers. Replaced that keyboard late last year with Cherry MX switches again, and all is good in my household.

Bought one. Going to give the RGB a try. The noise won't bother me I am pretty sure. I loved the old keyboards like the old IBM model M. I kind of wish I got the element Z-77 in hindsight. It has that space above the function keys that isn't on the Geezer that I know I will miss (I put pens and USB sticks there often).

20% Coupon code has been removed, price now $36.89 shipped. Vendor has applied the 20% coupon a few times in the last month so keep an eye out if you missed the promo. Hope you guys like it, very satisfied with mine!

I just got the keyboard today and it's pretty good. Though they weren't kidding it is freaking loud at typing. I haven't had a keyboard this loud at typing since the 90's lol. It feels good to me overall though. The color selection is limited but it is quite flexible.

There is a way to make your own customized keyboard setting but I have no idea how to save it at the moment.

Edit: There doesn't appear to be any way to save the customized keyboard setting. You can make one and keep it and play a game say, but it will disappear if you put the keyboard back to normal or switch to another mode. Also the font used on the keyboard isn't too great either. The & looks like a Z, the 8 kind of like an H, the B looks kind of like a 13 or H, the Pause/Break key looks like it spells PaRk. Still not a bad deal for $29.51.

Last edited:
I am not that impressed with this KB.
1. It's very loud
2. No apparent way to program keys and retain.
3. The back lighting has stopped working on it's own requiring an FN+esc to come back on
4. Some key presses simply do not register/weird behavior not experienced by other keyboards.

You get what you pay for.

LurkerLito said:
Also the font used on the keyboard isn't too great either.
FWIW, you can pick up a set of PBT doubleshots on ebay for like ten bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Translucen...cklit-fit-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard/322879632580

I am not that impressed with this KB.
1. It's very loud
2. No apparent way to program keys and retain.
3. The back lighting has stopped working on it's own requiring an FN+esc to come back on
4. Some key presses simply do not register/weird behavior not experienced by other keyboards.

You get what you pay for.
Could you expound a bit?

1. In what way is it loud? I mean, more than blue switches usually are, since they're designed to be have a loud click?

2. This bit I don't quite understand, as it lacks macro keys -- any macroing would be done in software anyway, right? Does it just include software which sucks?

3. What does FN+esc do on that board to recover from the backlight issue?

4. Could you elaborate? I'm somewhat interested in the keyboard, but not if the "E" key occasionally acts like a Power Button. :)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Outemu blue switches are a LOT louder than Cherry/Gateron blues.

There's no software. The keyboard is SUPPOSED to remember the programming. If it's not working for him, well, that's poor QC.

Fn+Esc usually cycles through the LED options.

I figured out how to save the customized layout.
  1. First press the slot you want to customize, FN + either (Home,End,Del,PgUp,PgDn)
  2. Then press FN+Ins (the numlock light should start flashing) to clear the slot and enter customize mode
  3. customize the keyboard layout
  4. press FN+Ins again and it is saved in the slot you selected (the numlock light should be solid on now if numlock was on before or off if you have numlock off)

Caveats NEVER use FN+Esc because that resets the keyboard to factory defaults before it returns you back to the one color all buttons on layout you picked with FN+ left/right arrow. So to go back to normal lighted mod you have to press FN+F12 and cycle through the choices to get back. It seems to survive a power down also, but I won't know for sure till tomorrow. I just unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in and it seems to have worked and kept the settings. Also note, you cannot edit you layout once you "saved" it. Selecting your custom layout then entering customize mode clears the selected slot immediately so you start with a blank canvas.

To turn off the keyboard lights it's FN+PtSc but pressing it again doesn't turn it on. You have to press FN+F12 to turn it back on.

My error was I was constantly pressing FN+Esc to go back to my default layout. But all that did was reset the keyboard and lose my custom configs.

FYI I haven't had the back lighting stop working on me like scobar mentioned in his post. It only goes off if I turn it off with the hotkey combo. I have also not had the key presses not registering issue either. It does take a bit more effort to press down these keys down than my last keyboard. It was so much more quiet and also a softer to the touch. That's why I'll say it again it is a loud keyboard, it really feels and sounds like an older model I use to have back in the early 90's.

FWIW, you can pick up a set of PBT doubleshots on ebay for like ten bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Translucen...cklit-fit-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard/322879632580

Could you expound a bit?

1. In what way is it loud? I mean, more than blue switches usually are, since they're designed to be have a loud click?

2. This bit I don't quite understand, as it lacks macro keys -- any macroing would be done in software anyway, right? Does it just include software which sucks?

3. What does FN+esc do on that board to recover from the backlight issue?

4. Could you elaborate? I'm somewhat interested in the keyboard, but not if the "E" key occasionally acts like a Power Button. :)

It's loud, my wife hears it from the living room.
There is no software and the documentation is lacking
FN+esc resets the KB, was required as the back lighting went out on its own. Also, has weird issues at times with typing, it has deleted more than one character on its own.
I would skip this and look elsewhere, its a cheap KB and feels that way. The font also used on the keys is retarded.

Edit: on a conf call with a teammate, today the call stopped and I was told not to type anymore on the call. While I made this edit my teammate is on the phone and commented "that's fuckin' loud".

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back