HOT - Gateway FX P-7805u (BBY $568)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ay+fx&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218043606827

Gateway - FX Edition Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology
Model: P-7805u | SKU: 9172511
Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P8400; 4GB DDR3 memory; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 17" widescreen; 320GB hard drive; built-in webcam; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1

Clearence price!! I just walked out of Tinley Park, IL store for 750 with a 3 year warranty.. I work at BBY so I checked and just about every chicago store has it that price, and has atleast 1 in stock!

What's Included
Gateway FX Edition Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology
9-cell lithium-ion battery
AC power cord and AC power adapter
Software: Microsoft Works 9.0, Essentials; Adobe Reader 9.0; Cyberlink Power2Go, LabelPrint and more
Owner's manual
Product Features
Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology with interrelated Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P8400
Intel® PM45 chipset, Intel® Wi-Fi Link 5100 network connection (802.11a/b/g/n) and extended battery life.
4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power. 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.26GHz processor speed.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible media.
17" WXGA high-definition widescreen TFT-LCD display
With UltraBright technology brings life to your movies and games.
320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics
Features 1GB of GDDR3 discrete video memory for lush images and vivid detail. 2 built-in speakers with high-definition audio support. HDMI v1.2 connector.
See the benefits of an NVIDIA graphics processor in your laptop.
Built-in multimedia buttons
Lets you quickly control your music and movies. Integrated 10-key number pad for easier computing.
Built-in 1.3-megapixel webcam
Makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends. Capture still photos and video clips.
5-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats.
IEEE 1394 FireWire port and 3 USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector and V.92 high-speed modem
For flexible wired Web connectivity options.
Weighs 9.1 lbs. and measures 1.7" thin
For portable power.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system
With Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled provides a stable computing platform
Software package included
With Microsoft Works 9.0, Essentials; Adobe Reader 9.0; Cyberlink Power2Go, LabelPrint and more included. 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 included.
Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

Last edited:
outlet item; just checked here in Georgia, none available anywhere - so I dunno what the deal is with Chicago, but probably not available anywhere else in the country.

Nothing in Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento or about the 10 BB's near Orange County, CA. Pulled all the family members in on this one and got nothing. Definitely ymmv.

Last one gone in Crestwood, IL location and Orland Park, IL location. Highland, IN has some if someone lives there..they have about 3.

Even without the graphic card, that processor, ram, and screen size would still be a good deal for 568. That graphic card makes it an awesome deal.

I really want this lappy, but sucks when a customer backs out on you on a build you did :(

I get off work in a few. Gonna go home and set everything up and i'll post my thoughts on it when I use it a bit! Specs look very promising. :)

Just at the BB in Plainfield, IL and they had 2 in stock. I was about to pick one up but I decided I didn't need it.

ima go look tomorrow at my best buy in houston. is it better to call or go there personally. Is the model discontinued?

Got it all setup, this thing is sick fast! And the resolution is 1440x900 but it isnt that bad. I tried DoD:Source and it didnt even stutter! I gotta get Crysis installed and see how it does!

I have a friend who bought one in January and luckily he ended up getting one of the early models that had the 1920x1200 resolution. But then again he paid the full price for it too.

The 9800 gts mobile chip has 64 stream processor at 600mhz, the desktop chip is much faster and has 128 stream processors.

The 9800gts mobile is abou 10% slower than the 9600gt desktop chip (600 mhz shader vs 650)

Remember though the resolution is 1440x900 which only has 56 percent of the pixels that a 1920x1200 screen thus having a gpu that is half the speed of its desktop contrapart is less of a big deal.

Thank You OP.

I found one here in St. Louis

Got mine for 575 OTD.

Excellent Deal..now I dont have to lug my Desktop to Quakecon..

what a great deal.

I check with about 15 stores in the DFW area.... none have it in stock, however a few did report the price to be 570sih.

a store about an hour away from me had 3 about an hour after the thread was posted. I called and asked to buy all of them but they said one per customer. I got one and by the time my family members called to get me the other 2 they were gone.

Great heads up OP. Atleast i got myself one even if i dont have any to sell on ebay.

3dmark06 9300 @ default settings after removing bloat ware and updating graphic drivers

Edit: tryd calling around this morning and the lappy is now removed from all of the stores in my regions computers.

this is a smoking hot deal....for the 2 out of 1,5000+ people that clicked on this thread....

Grabbed the last 2 at store 492, Carbondale Illinois. We're about 90 minutes from St Louis and they are high and dry as of this afternoon. Setting one up now, very nice first impression, especially for the price.

Back