HOT? G15 Gaming keyboard $55

That's pretty hot if you want that keyboard. I had it for a while, totally not worth it for the $90 After Tax I paid though, so I returned it. Its a huge Mutha though.

Anyone used both this and the Saitek Eclipse have any comments? Was thinking about trying that one...

I have a Saitek Eclipse I got a couple weeks ago and I want a G15 now. I miss all my media keys and favorite keys and email keys etc etc. The Eclipse has none of that. Only has led keys which Logitech has and the g15 does it better IMO.

Good find, I just ordered one. It's been out-of-stock at the Egg for like 3 months (And $70 + $7 for 3-day shipping to boot). BestBuy wants $79 for it.
Thanks!

with ground shipping to me ($1.99) + handling its only $64 which is still alot cheaper then anywhere else for alot of people. Makes the deal not as hot but still warm IMO

64 shipped is still better than $79 plus tax which is still around $85.

Save yourself $20, which is around 25% off. Plus you just have to wait for a knock on the door. ????

If you get it for any cheaper than this I'd question it.

good deal

I got mine from newegg for $60 + $6 shipping, when they had that $10 off code.

good deal

I got mine used... but probably only used two-three times mint!
for $45 UPS ground

ecost isnt a very good seller... i chose directron for $72 shipped priority

btw, for CA, ecost = $70 shipped

I own both a G15 and a Saitek Gaming Keyboard (1st version that came with the expanded game pad).

The logitech is a LARGE keypad, but it does have a great feel to it, is easy to read at night, and the LCD screen with the proper software is great. (One of the uses for it, is that I use it while testing PoE:2, to keep track of all my testers on Ventrilo.)

I tried looking for the keyboard dimension and couldn't find the specs.
Can someone tell me the width, height, and depth of this thing? I have a keyboard shelf under my desk and the MS natural keyboard I'm using now barely clears it. I'm concerned the G15 may be too big.
Thanks

Newegg is supposed to get more in stock by the 31st of this month and you get $50 off if you also order a G7 Mouse... that's what I am waiting for... but I heard a lot of horror stories about Logitechs rebates... Hmm... Might have to jump on this one.

Well looks nice, but i don;t see that any game i cannot play on my regular keyboard.

great keyboard. If you have a desk with a pull-out keyboard tray, keep in mind that the LCD screen is most probably going to end up covered by your desk unless the tray is real deep.

Only other warning is that after a short period (I got mine at Christmas time), the coating on some of the keys is starting to wear off. The "c" key for me has a big worn spot in it (black coating worn down, soon the C will no longer be readable.) It does have a three year warranty though, so as soon as a few more keys wear off I'm sending it off to Logitech

I somewhat want this, but not sure how I'd like it. I'm in the market for a new computer/keyboard. I'm waiting for that deal Newegg has that someoned mentioned where you get $50 off.

Saitek Eclipse does everything it set out to, and does it well. With 3 levels of lighting (bright, normal, and off) and great durability and keyboard response, I have had no trouble with it at all, just don't get the drivers that Windows Update recoomends for it, as they are not for it, but the older one. I've heard bd things about the G15, like the keys loosing their 'paint' and other wonderful stories.

knight3058 said:
Saitek Eclipse does everything it set out to, and does it well. With 3 levels of lighting (bright, normal, and off) and great durability and keyboard response, I have had no trouble with it at all, just don't get the drivers that Windows Update recoomends for it, as they are not for it, but the older one. I've heard bd things about the G15, like the keys loosing their 'paint' and other wonderful stories.
The G15 does everything the Saitek Eclipse can, and more!
:p

knight3058 said:
Dont need drivers for the Eclipse anyway. Only the "gamers" version uses drivers. XP update never shows any keyboard drivers for me. The only people I've ever seen that say the paint comes off are some ppl on newegg reviews. Most other people on their say theyre keys are fine and say they arent painted on. I dont own one yet so I cant comment but the ones i've seen in stores appear to be laser etched. I have the Saitek Eclipse and its not my style and thats why its being sold in my FS thread heh. I used the dedicated media keys on my old keyboard and I miss them so thats why Im gonna get the G15 instead.

Anyone who ordered it from this site, keep us updated when it finally arrives.

I've been checking everday, a few times a day, for the past 2 weeks... I need to be sure I purchase it by the 31st so I can take advantage of the $50 Rebate.

I have a G15 Keyboard, and i think its great.

One thing people always overlook, is the while the G15 is aimed at gammers,
Its is also actually excellent for work as well.

The huge amount of macro keys come in really handy, expecially in Excell ;)

And with all the little apps available for the LCD screen , it also has many uses outside of gamming. One use i find very handy is for monitoring Computer performance(CPU,RAM,TEMPS etc..) during various tasks.

The only Drawback to this keyboard is that it has a pathetic old USB1.1 Hub inside.
Thus the two extra USB ports on it are basically useless for anything USB.2.0,, for example a flash drive etc.. (anything you plug into it will only go at slow USB1.1 Speeds :( )
Hope they make a new revision with USB2.0 hub

Other then that its a great keyboard.

Also , note that you dont have to put on the wrist wrest if you dont want to, thus reducing its overall size.

Also, if you get one of the first series of keyboards, (like me), and the paint is coming off the keys, you can call and get a replacement. I just got my replacement, (although it takes about a month), and they didn't even want the old one back. Said to throw it away, which I promptly did of course. Apparently certain SN are known to experience the paint coming off. I was told by the tech support guy they changed the paint they used shortly after production started because of these complaints, so hopefully this new one will be better. Although I applaud logitech support for the easy replacement...

Correction, Best Buy's price for the G15 is now $87.99!! That's more than Logitech's own store ($79.99). Sheesh.
PP

A bit off topic, but what are some good sources for apps that use the G15's LCD?
Thanks!
PP

BACK IN STOCK AT THE EGG!!! I ordered it with G7 to use that $50 rebate and free faster shipping with Newegg preferred... total after rebate 95... not bad if you need both. I was really thinking about getting the Saitek red keyboard, but this just looks too pimp.

* Edit... Iwent back and immediately cancelled my order. It was tough, but I can't really justify spending when my keyboard and mouse I use now works fine. *sigh*

I am preparing myself for the high priced gas season and books for next quarter. LoL :(

interested said:
I have a G15 Keyboard, and i think its great.
One thing people always overlook, is the while the G15 is aimed at gammers,
Its is also actually excellent for work as well.

Hmmm, I've had my G15 since just before X-mas; I take exception to the idea that it is "... actually excellent for work ..." I type at ~75 wpm, if I double tap the enter key, I get a SINGLE enter; this is the ONLY keyboard I've had this problem with and have confirmed with a friend's G15 that it is not just my keyboard. The positioning of the "input shaft" below the enter key is off-set -- it is over to one side instead of being in the middle and a mild depress engages it instead of a full depress.

I enjoy the G15 for gaming, I do not enjoy it for work.

noobtech said:
BACK IN STOCK AT THE EGG!!! I ordered it with G7 to use that $50 rebate and free faster shipping with Newegg preferred... total after rebate 95... not bad if you need both. I was really thinking about getting the Saitek red keyboard, but this just looks too pimp.

* Edit... Iwent back and immediately cancelled my order. It was tough, but I can't really justify spending when my keyboard and mouse I use now works fine. *sigh*

I am preparing myself for the high priced gas season and books for next quarter. LoL :(
That's what EBAY is for!

idiot999 said:
Hmmm, I've had my G15 since just before X-mas; I take exception to the idea that it is "... actually excellent for work ..." I type at ~75 wpm, if I double tap the enter key, I get a SINGLE enter; this is the ONLY keyboard I've had this problem with and have confirmed with a friend's G15 that it is not just my keyboard. The positioning of the "input shaft" below the enter key is off-set -- it is over to one side instead of being in the middle and a mild depress engages it instead of a full depress.

Humm.. Well i also type pretty quick,(no idea as to wpm) and i dont experience this problem you are referring to, maybe its difference in our finger size and nimbleness, (i have thin fingers) :p

anywell i still find the quick macro keys excellent for use in Excel which is what i primarily use for work.

idiot999 said:

I've never had that problem. I just opened a text file and tried to hit enter as fast as I could, each time it was recognized.

Mine arrived this morning (The $55 deal from eCost.com), factory sealed, good packing, works great as you can see. Could not find anything that indicated the date of manufacture (The files on the CD are mostly dated 11/3/05 but that probably means nothing...), hopefully it's not from the initial batch with the paint problem. It LOOKS new, anyway. I LOVE the LCD Display. Key action is good. Key spacing is a bit different from my old 'board but I'll be used to it in a day or 2. I didn't think I would use the wrist rest, but I am and I like it.

I am disapointed by the lack of documentation. The sheet enclosed with the CD is a joke. Haven't poked about online so far; the only thing with ANY info on the cd is the Readme file, which has some basic config info.

-PP

G15 pwns noobs! I love it. Paid like $55 or $60 on amazon like 4-5 months ago though.

Got this this week and similar to a recent poster above me stated it's well made looks great and seems fine. I try not to do much work at home concerning typing I hope...

Back