[HOT] Fullsized RGB Mech. Keyboard with Outemu for $25.99 on Amazon!

Looks like an awesome deal!

Just to let people know, the Outemu RGB switches differ VERY slightly from the Cherry standard, and usually those hot swappable sockets can ONLY accomodate Outemu replacements.

Still... For that price, Outemus are damn good switches and I'd snap that board up in a heartbeat if I needed a KB.

My last keyboard with Outemu blues had really bad "binding," where the switch would lock up a bit if not hit perfectly center, which was really common on keystrikes made on the left pinky. That said, these switches look like they have a slightly different design which should alleviate binding, so I wish you all the best of luck.

Last edited:
Needed a keyboard for the office PC. This should do nicely :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like tkl for gaming. https://www.amazon.com/Velocifire-M...604&sr=8-3&keywords=brown+mechanical+keyboard
As in all things, be sure to scan the reviews.
And pay particular attention to the right side of the keyboard and key layout.
Home End PgUp PgDn and Insert are all function keys plus I doubt I'd ever get used to the tiny shift key.

I've used some keyboards with a very similar size / layout over the years. They were very difficult to get used to.

That's why we can't have nice things, because people who don't even need it buy them up.

Need might be a strong word, but I've been looking for a RGB LED modular keyboard like that. I was going to buy another PC Gaming Race unit, but hadn't pulled the trigger on it. It's over $100. At $25, it was a no brainer to try out this one.

I've used some keyboards with a very similar size / layout over the years. They were very difficult to get used to.

Same, I just can't get used to the size or the layout of these. Thank for the link though Jim Kim.

Need might be a strong word, but I've been looking for a RGB LED modular keyboard like that. I was going to buy another PC Gaming Race unit, but hadn't pulled the trigger on it. It's over $100. At $25, it was a no brainer to try out this one.
I was joking, but it does make me think. If we eventually got to the point of being able to produce more goods for cents, how would we keep people from getting more than they actually need?

I was joking, but it does make me think. If we eventually got to the point of being able to produce more goods for cents, how would we keep people from getting more than they actually need?

You can't. People will buy more and more crap if you give them the means to do so.

Let us know your opinion of the keys, lighting and most importantly the noise.;)

Definitely.

Almost pulled the trigger till I saw Blue switches. Does anyone actually like the extra loud click?

Almost pulled the trigger till I saw Blue switches. Does anyone actually like the extra loud click?

Yes I do. I prefer blue switches and all the mechanical keyboards I own have them. I've tried some of the others but always miss the click of the blues. My PC Gaming Race modular keyboard came with browns which I swapped for blues.

Outemu Browns feel better then the MX or Gaterons Browns for me. If I wasn't using Zealios 67s I would be using Outemu browns in my GMMK.

I've always preferred their switches...the Blues are the same way in that they're more clicky and more enjoyable.

Funny how, to most people, the "cheap Chinese" switches are better than the just as bad Cherrys.

I've always preferred their switches...the Blues are the same way in that they're more clicky and more enjoyable.

Funny how, to most people, the "cheap Chinese" switches are better than the just as bad Cherrys.

Not the crap that Razer uses now.

Does anyone actually like the extra loud click?

Yes. In fact, my wife prefers the Outemus (which are SUPER fucking loud, loudest switch I've ever heard) over Gateron or Cherry blues.

As for Box Jades, those are going to be ordered one of these days for my PCGR board. They'll be replacing Gateron Blues.

Just got mine in a few minutes ago. The high pitched noise from the LEDs is definitely a thing. Turning the brightness down helps somewhat. With headphones on it's not a problem but could be a deal breaker for some.

Just got mine in a few minutes ago. The high pitched noise from the LEDs is definitely a thing. Turning the brightness down helps somewhat. With headphones on it's not a problem but could be a deal breaker for some.

Is that in reference to this?
keyboard.jpg

I got mine and I'm using it now. I enjoy the sound these make, but I'm not sure if I like the feel quite as much as my PC Gaming Race modular unit. I do like the lighting and the various lighting and gaming modes however.

regarding this thread...holly shit affordable rgb led mechanical keyboards that dont suck are finally here! I remember when a 25 dollar keyboard would have been just landfill from the start

Reactions: TypeO
like this
Back