[HOT] Fuji Plus FP-988D 19" 12ms LCD $230 AR + $9 shipping

Def worth a repost imho but i'd be leery about UPS delivering it personally. I've had them wreck an lcd on me once already, the box had a hole punched in it the size of a fist.

In this case i'd stick with the $12 fed-ex option, since newegg doesn't pack the lcd's into a seperate shipping box for some strange reason.

To each their own though, i hear both UPS and fed-ex are good with shipping damage claims.

Anyone have anything good to say about the actual monitor tho? Anything at all.

-J

Search for FP-988D on here, this deal has been posted before. Most liked the monitor. I personally just bought one. Will see how it turns out.

It is a great monitor, it comes with a very blue tint to it (every one says this) but once you manually adjust the colors using the OSD and then fine tweak it with your video card drivers, it is awesome.

I have one at home, and two dell 1905's at work.. I would say the dells are slightly better overall, but the Fuji is better for games/videos (faster 12ms vs 16ms)

==>Lazn

I think I might do a comaprison review of the 1905FP vs the FP-988D just for kicks. My 1905FP should be coming in today or tomorrow. The FP-988D hopefully by Fri or earlier.

I got the 1905FP for $250 shipped (with some basic dell speakers) and the FP-988D should be $255 if/when I get the rebate.

Lazn_Work, did you get your rebate? How long did it take?

Slider19 said:
Lazn_Work, did you get your rebate? How long did it take?

I have not sent in the paperwork, and the deadline for mailing it is today.. (I just got the LCD ~two weeks ago) So I guess I won't be getting it as there is no way I can get the paperwork to a post office by the end of close today. (I work over an hour drive from home)

==>Lazn

Since when does Newegg offer UPS? am I missing something here? This must be a new thing...

Is it available on all items? and my option for Fedex Express saver is cheaper than UPS Ground...

They just started with UPS. And I guess price depends on location. Mine was cheaper with UPS.

Lazn_Work said:
I have not sent in the paperwork, and the deadline for mailing it is today.. (I just got the LCD ~two weeks ago) So I guess I won't be getting it as there is no way I can get the paperwork to a post office by the end of close today. (I work over an hour drive from home)

==>Lazn
You should have tried your luck anyway. I've sent in rebates a couple of days late in the past and still got them.

digitcon said:
Anyone have anything good to say about the actual monitor tho? Anything at all.

-J

I purchased one when the last [H]ot Deal was posted. I've had the monitor now for about 2 weeks. I really could not be happier with it. For business use, the text is clear and colors great. For gaming, it has been equally fantastic. I am currently playing EQ2, WoW and BF2 and this is every bit as good as my old Samsun 955DF.

I can't sing its praises enough. For the price, it can't be beat...

Oh yeah....no dead pixels either.

Amazing monitor. I just got it a week ago via FedEX. Zero dead pixels. No back light issues. The silver on black design looks sweet. Hooked it up using DVI and been playing CS and Battlefield with no ghosting. This is how much I paid for it at Newegg:

The discounts I kept getting were ridiculous. Pay attention to the 'dates'. I called 4 times after I purchased the product online, and each time I called, they gave me more discounts. Social engineering at it's best! I should have pushed my luck and made a 5th phone call, eh? Haha. =P

After the $50 mail in rebate (not shown), the final price came out to be $215!!!

One question for all you other owners out there: does your POWER BUTTON constantly blink a 'red color' when your monitor is on stand-by? I think that's just stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if the LED bulb inside dies in a year or two.

-RicePapi

RicePapi said:
One question for all you other owners out there: does your POWER BUTTON constantly blink a 'red color' when your monitor is on stand-by?

Yep.
I am not too worried about a LED burning out.

==>Lazn

Newegg's dead pixel return policy SUCKS bigtime.

they have this horsesh*t policy that they will only accept a returned LCD if it has eight or more dead pixels.

in other words, if you order this LCD or any other from them and it has seven dead pixels that shine at you like the north star, then you're basically SOL.

heh, not this boy...

An LED has an average life expectancy of 100,000 hours. That's 11.4 years, if it's left on, continuously. If it's blinking at a 50% duty cycle (one second on, one second off) then it's actually turned off for half the time, so it'd run for 22.8 years before "burning out."

But LEDs don't "burn out" if you use them according to specifications. They will just get dimmer over time, with the 100,000 hour mark being the point where it will emit half of the initial brightness. But for a little indicator light, the functional usable lifetime could exceed 50 years even if the brightness does taper off after the first 30, because the indicator doesn't have to be very bright to function as an indicator so much as it has to be different in color and intensity from its surrounding materials, as the human eye has single-photon detection accuracy.

roninblade said:
is this deal expired?

There is a little link on the first post of the thread, click on it, and you will see that it is back up to $250.

==>Lazn

The deal is expired, but one other poster above seemed to get a good deal just by calling newegg.

ozziegn said:

they have this horsesh*t policy that they will only accept a returned LCD if it has eight or more dead pixels.

in other words, if you order this LCD or any other from them and it has seven dead pixels that shine at you like the north star, then you're basically SOL.

heh, not this boy...
Other than Dell, most other retailers/manufacturers have the same policy.

This monitor is back on sale at Newegg. A solid 19" LCD for the price. I bought two, and I'm loving' them!

$299 - $20 (instant rebate) - $50 (mail in rebate) = 229.00

Add the super saving shipper for $12 and you got yourself a nice 19" for $241

This LCD panel rulz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linky

-Ricepapi

SJetski71 said:
To each their own though, i hear both UPS and fed-ex are good with shipping damage claims.

Yes, but are actually excellent, at declining them and blaming the packaging.

newegg's pixel policy blows.. but every other return policy is awesome.. just be like.. the stand is flimsy.. i want another lcd.. and u got an exchange

ozziegn said:

heh, not this boy...
that sounds quite fair to me.......i think others might have a 5-6 dead, but nothing is wrong with 8......whats ZZF's policy? prolly near that if not 8 itselef.....

now company policies might be way off, isnt Samsug doing the whole 0 dead pixles policy? or someone is......8 dead pixles isnt worth you cussing over.......everyone can see Neweggs policy clearly marked on each LCD description......

soulsaver_8229

Back