HOT FIRE! Acer Predator x34 (GSYNC) - Refurbished - $729.99 SHIPPED

I've tried going to their website 5 different ways just now... I cant get into it, it re-directs me to acer ebay, what the shit?

i've got one coming in 2 days, i really hope I don't need to contact them or search for another monitor.

Having just been to the Fairfax, VA Micro Center about a week ago, even though they say they have two in-stock, one of them is set up as a demo, connected to an Acer Predator laptop. So when it says "2 in stock," it almost definitely means one. And some extra bad news - they're out of the G1840 Celeron chip. The G3260 is the next-cheapest @ 44.99 each (but it's not like you're not going to return it).

That being said, you might be able to convince MC to open-box the on-display X34 if you go and they're OOS. Open Box + 20% off? Yes, please.

The website for the Rockville, MD store where I got mine yesterday definitely only showed 1 in stock which was the one I ended up buying - they also had one on display but it doesn't look like that was in inventory at all. Got mine setup tonight and so far no issues with it at all - it's doing 100Hz like a champ, no dead pixels that I've seen yet etc.

I wonder if they're done with this - the page now directs you to their ebay page - which still sells monitors - but the largest listed is 32" and it's not the predator model.

I wonder if Acer sent out the wrong model knowing it was wrong. Like they hoped people would just keep them or get the credit difference. It seems like a pretty common occurence.

What a disaster this turned out to be... What seemed like an incredible deal turned sour really fast!

I don't get how they have so many refurb 341ck's when they don't even have a product page up to purchase them. I for one want one but not for $700 and a 90 day warranty. They are knocking what $400 off retail of an x34? They need to be selling the 341ck for $450 then.

I don't get how they have so many refurb 341ck's when they don't even have a product page up to purchase them. I for one want one but not for $700 and a 90 day warranty. They are knocking what $400 off retail of an x34? They need to be selling the 341ck for $450 then.

I ordered a X34 early on and was fortunate to receive a decent one. The one I have has no dead pixels but does have bleed on the left lower corner but it's intolerable to me. I don't notice it when playing games.

The more I read the comments about multiple people receiving the XR341CK instead of the X34s, I am thinking that Acer may have mistakenly listed X34s for the XR341CKs. The full list price on the XR341CK is $1000 and a refurb price of $700 wouldn't be out of the question. Those of us that scored the X34, which retails for $1300, for $730 may have just gotten lucky. Of course, the warranty on these refurbs are a gamble.

I ordered a X34 early on and was fortunate to receive a decent one. The one I have has no dead pixels but does have bleed on the left lower corner but it's intolerable to me. I don't notice it when playing games.

The more I read the comments about multiple people receiving the XR341CK instead of the X34s, I am thinking that Acer may have mistakenly listed X34s for the XR341CKs. The full list price on the XR341CK is $1000 and a refurb price of $700 wouldn't be out of the question. Those of us that scored the X34, which retails for $1300, for $730 may have just gotten lucky. Of course, the warranty on these refurbs are a gamble.

Yeah it seems more likely that price was for XR341CK and for some reason Acer never created a seperate listing for either X34 or XR341CK. Really unbelievable in any case how badly Acer handled this.

I think it's the opposite. They clearly had it labeled on their site as an X34 with all the specs and the exact model number. What I am guessing is they probbaly though it was just a different revision of the X34, the G-Sync is UM.CX1AA.A01 while the Freesync is UM.CX1AA.001. Acer uses a 3rd party for their refurbs, PlanIT ROI, wouldn't suprise me if this were the case for the mixup.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention I already received my refund

Last edited:
When you look at who billed your CC it was not Acer, but like the poster above said, a company that specializes in liquidating refurbished inventory.

I feel very lucky that the XB270HU I ordered from them was fantastic, I hope the return / refund process goes smoothly for you X34 guys

Update:

Just got off the phone w/ customer service and they refunded my money without any issues. It was actually one of the best CS experiences I had.

I did inquire about the website re-directing to the ebay store and she stated that they temporarily took the acerrecertified.com site down b/c several individuals were spamming fraudulent purchases on the site.

I also inquired about all the mix up issues people are having with this monitor and she stated that it was due to the SKU's numbers being almost identical so that when the actual X34 was OOS, the system automatically switched to the Freesync version. She said the issue has been fixed with the system.

Update:

Just got off the phone w/ customer service and they refunded my money without any issues. It was actually one of the best CS experiences I had.

I did inquire about the website re-directing to the ebay store and she stated that they temporarily took the acerrecertified.com site down b/c several individuals were spamming fraudulent purchases on the site.

I also inquired about all the mix up issues people are having with this monitor and she stated that it was due to the SKU's numbers being almost identical so that when the actual X34 was OOS, the system automatically switched to the Freesync version. She said the issue has been fixed with the system.
Even if they manage to fix the monitor mix up, I would still proceed extremely cautiously. The shipping / packaging has been horrible so you might end up having to return it anyways.

I got my refund today ended up going to Microcenter and getting one last night. My only issue with that was the manager was a dick and required me to buy the 35 celeron to get the deal

Epic deal. I had a LG 3440x1440 monitor last year. I sold it because the GPU horsepower required is too much, you need SLI to really drive this resolution.

No, you need adaptive sync, either Freesync for AMD cards or G-Sync for NVidia cards.

No, you need adaptive sync, either Freesync for AMD cards or G-Sync for NVidia cards.

This is so true. I was about to upgrade my gtx 970 since my 4k monitor was killing it. I move the 40" 4k sammy to my bedroom and then picked up a predator. It's buttery smooth even at 45fps with G-sync on.

45fps is still 45fps even with adaptive sync. Don't delude yourself.

I thought the same thing until I tried it.

Right, but there is still a difference in 45 fps of stuttering repeated frame jerkiness and 45 FPS of image tearing and then 45 perfect frames per second.

Exactly. 45fps with g-sync is a different animal than 45fps without.

At first, I thought the precision x outputting the wrong fps. But it wasn't. I'm all in now in adaptive sync technology.

I thought the same thing until I tried it.

Exactly. 45fps with g-sync is a different animal than 45fps without.

At first, I thought the precision x outputting the wrong fps. But it wasn't. I'm all in now in adaptive sync technology.

I've tried it, and i'm somewhere in the middle. Does it feel smoother at lower FPS? Maybe a bit, but just that, a bit. It's not the answer to low fps like was suggested a couple posts back. More GPU power is. I can just as easily tell i'm not running at 60+fps if I'm at 45 whether its on a gsync or standard display.

I've tried it, and i'm somewhere in the middle. Does it feel smoother at lower FPS? Maybe a bit, but just that, a bit. It's not the answer to low fps like was suggested a couple posts back. More GPU power is. I can just as easily tell i'm not running at 60+fps if I'm at 45 whether its on a gsync or standard display.

And I think that just goes to show why you get such a mixed bag.

Personally, I'll take 45 gsync over 50-60 regular. The cost difference between a GPU upgrade for me was the same as gsync vs non-gsync monitor upgrade. I choose the monitor vs the gpu upgrade and non gsync monitor. I would make the same choice but others may choose differently.

I just order a refurbed X34 from Acer Refurb and I am now anxiously waiting to see what I receive. I am wondering how long of a DP cable they'll send.

Back