HOT FIRE! Acer Predator x34 (GSYNC) - Refurbished - $729.99 SHIPPED

I am EXTREMELY disappointed right now. I was sent a XR341CK instead of a X34. There are clear differences between these models such as the logo in the front, model / serial number, the XR341CK is Freesync / 75hz, the X34 is G-Sync 100hz so I am not even sure how this mix up could of happened.. I just emailed them asking for a return label. I really had my hopes up on getting a X34 and now I have to wait for another one to pop up.
LOL! These people are so smart, aren't they?

Mine says it'll be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but expectations set to ULTRA LOW settings.

Mounted! :)

x34-5.jpg

That is pretty slick.
What arm is that and how much does it cost.

While I didn't order the X34 I did order the XB270HU because of this thread. Mine is supposed to come tomorrow. I'm not expecting it to be that great, i'll be shocked actually if it's even going to be functional at this point... :(

I am EXTREMELY disappointed right now. I was sent a XR341CK instead of a X34. There are clear differences between these models such as the logo in the front, model / serial number, the XR341CK is Freesync / 75hz, the X34 is G-Sync 100hz so I am not even sure how this mix up could of happened.. I just emailed them asking for a return label. I really had my hopes up on getting a X34 and now I have to wait for another one to pop up.

Yep, I received mine today as well, same thing.. not the predator.. wtf.. it came in great shape though and packaging was decent and no damage. I planned to send it back anyway. wtf is going on over there.

Yep, I received mine today as well, same thing.. not the predator.. wtf.. it came in great shape though and packaging was decent and no damage. I planned to send it back anyway. wtf is going on over there.

mother fucker.... Hopefully the same thing does not happen to me.

Mine shipped on Monday & arrives on Friday... if this doesnt work out I guess im driving up to microcenter.

yeah wow. not even worth the refurb price if it's not the X34. i'd rather just get the dell 60hz and call it a day, way better quality control over there. since we all pretty much ordered within 24 hours of eachother, FML.

yeah wow. not even worth the refurb price if it's not the X34. i'd rather just get the dell 60hz and call it a day, way better quality control over there. since we all pretty much ordered within 24 hours of eachother, FML.

I have a Dell 34W that is pretty good but a part of me wants Gync but not sure if I want to wait as Amazon doesn't have it in stock and pay the extra 600+ for the X34.

I just got my recertified version in the mail. Came basically perfect. The back plate was also included, but it was moving about in the box but somehow missed hitting anything. 100Hz no problem. No dead pixels.

I just got my recertified version in the mail. Came basically perfect. The back plate was also included, but it was moving about in the box but somehow missed hitting anything. 100Hz no problem. No dead pixels.

awsome .
shipped the broken monitor out with the label they sent . they paid for shipping. now to see how the refund goes.

awsome .
shipped the broken monitor out with the label they sent . they paid for shipping. now to see how the refund goes.

I emailed them letting them know they sent the wrong screen, they emailed back quickly saying they will send me a return shipping label and will then refund.. This screen looks perfect though (although have not plugged it in and tried it) wonder if I tell them let me keep it and refund me 300 bucks if they will go for it haha.

I emailed them last Thursday and called them today....still waiting for a return label....ACER Sucks!!!!!

Update: finally just received my return label.

Last edited:
just got two emails :
1. This email is to notify you that your order ACER-REC-H57V-K6PXB56Bhas been canceled. If a refund was issued for this order, you willreceive another email shortly containing the details of your refund.

2.We have processed your refund
Thank you
Acer Recertified Support Team

so no idea if they paid for all the shipping or not . charge hasn't cleard from CC yet.

When they canceled my first order it took about a week to a week and a half to be refunded.

Is the 20% off with CPU purchase posted anywhere on the Microcenter website or anything? I'm curious if its company wide or store specific since I didnt see anything on the website and I'm super tempted to pick one of these up.

It's an in store only thing. Call the one you plan to go to and ask them, that is what I did.

Hmmm just called my local store and she said its specifc to 1 model acer monitor and not all of them. I'm tempted to place an order for an X34 then head down there to give it a shot anyways but its a good hour+ drive away.

Hmmm just called my local store and she said its specifc to 1 model acer monitor and not all of them. I'm tempted to place an order for an X34 then head down there to give it a shot anyways but its a good hour+ drive away.

That is crazy.. it was for any acer monitor for me. A couple months ago I was there and they had that deal going then as well, it was any screen then as well and the sales guy said he would find me a 10 dollar cpu to use the coupon with lol. Which store are you near? They have X34's in stock?

You guys are making me super nervous about mine arriving on Friday. Already sold my old monitor too lol

This screen looks perfect though (although have not plugged it in and tried it) wonder if I tell them let me keep it and refund me 300 bucks if they will go for it haha.

I would advise you not to keep this monitor. It has been prooven to skip frames on Nvidia cards, unless you wanna go AMD, then its a good deal if they can do the $300 off.

Just go to microcenter. Com look for your store then look at the circular, it's in there , if they said it's for specific screen that's wak.

Just go to microcenter. Com look for your store then look at the circular, it's in there , if they said it's for specific screen that's wak.
Yep nice catch, page 4 of the Feb circular, minor difference is it states any Boxed Processor, but you could easily buy a 5820K or 6700K for example and sell it for what you paid if you really had to buy a boxed chip. Very nice deal and certainly the way to go over rolling the dice on a refurb, especially after some of the horror stories so far.

Attachments

• acer20.JPG
    acer20.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 90
I'm in MD and one of the stores has 1 x34 in stock so I ordered It and am going to head down there after work to pic
Yep nice catch, page 4 of the Feb circular, minor difference is it states any Boxed Processor, but you could easily buy a 5820K or 6700K for example and sell it for what you paid if you really had to buy a boxed chip. Very nice deal and certainly the way to go over rolling the dice on a refurb, especially after some of the horror stories so far.

I'm in MD and one of the stores has 1 x34 in stock so I ordered It and am going to head down there after work to pick it up. Thanks for the info the price is killer and I'm hoping its a new build without any of the issues other people have run into.

So I guess I lucked out. Got the right monitor. Overclocks just fine. No cosmetic damage or anything that I can tell thus far. Upgrading from an older IPS, so even if there's a little bit of glow, I'm so used to it I can't even tell. Just loaded up Witcher 3 and the thing looks great. Sorry to all of you guys who got screwed, playing the monitor lotto can be a pain in the ass.

Ordered on Feb 17th and I also just received a XR341CK. This is ridiculous. Anyone have any luck getting them to exchange for the correct monitor instead of just a refund?

Congratulations to everyone that actually gets a working X34! I think you'll be very very pleased with it. I know I love mine, and I paid a hell of a lot more than that ($1970.00 with product replacement warranty... damned Canadian dollar). No bleed, no dead pixels, and the IPS glow isn't even that visible!

I don't regret it one bit. :D

I bought a celeron g18 something , :)

Just got back home with a shiny new x34 for $1039 before tax. Picked up that same celeron for $35 which knocked $260 off the price of the monitor - in case anyone is ordering online the code off the coupon is ACER20OFF - no idea if it works but worth a shot.

Not the same monitor, but I just got the XB270HU today from the Acer Re-certified site. The packaging was a little questionable, but the monitor is perfect. Don't see a single dead pixel and the BLB is minimal... very happy to get this for $399

Wow, this "deal" really has its ups and downs! I would definitely advise anyone considering this to read the full thread first.

popcorn_gus.gif

To anyone that has a working Freesync version of this monitor that doesn't have any issues and will do 100hz please let me know, I might be interested in purchasing the monitor off of you. Send me a pm.

Edit: Does the Freesync version not do 100hz?!

Having just been to the Fairfax, VA Micro Center about a week ago, even though they say they have two in-stock, one of them is set up as a demo, connected to an Acer Predator laptop. So when it says "2 in stock," it almost definitely means one. And some extra bad news - they're out of the G1840 Celeron chip. The G3260 is the next-cheapest @ 44.99 each (but it's not like you're not going to return it).

That being said, you might be able to convince MC to open-box the on-display X34 if you go and they're OOS. Open Box + 20% off? Yes, please.

Back