EVGA STEP UP (no longer viable)

I registered and uploaded the invoice. It says "No Step-Up Allowed". What now?
NoStep-UpAllowed.png

Mine says the same thing and I purchased from evga and registered just this week as well. Maybe I will just return it.

you can give evga a call and they should be able to get it working for you.

Was hoping to help people out with this thread not create issues. Took hot out of the title and made it ymmv. I never had an issue talking to evga when I had a problem with step up so just talk to them. I won't lock the thread since it is pending updates from people who got cards and I want people to get a sense of step up time lines but this method does require a little effort on the part of the user sometimes.

I'd not use that language with EVGA support but GL, you never know when you need them next...
A scam is a scam, but the EVGA step-up is not a scam. It will, however, appear to some people who have never gone through it, that it could be one.

I got my answer from EVGA pretty quickly. This is why I continue to buy EVGA products, lol.

EVGA_Answer.jpg

Entered the step up queue less than a week ago and received email today my step up is ready, 3080 ti ftw3 ultra.
What kind of e-mail do they send? Do you ship your card to them before you get the e-mail, or do you wait until after you get the e-mail?

What kind of e-mail do they send? Do you ship your card to them before you get the e-mail, or do you wait until after you get the e-mail?
You get approval, make payment, they send a RMA label for you to stick to your shipment to them and I think you are liable for shipping to them (use UPS and insurance if card is high value) and then you wait :)

you guys should click the link in OP to preload my associate discount code. Keep an eye on b stock, 2060s and 2070s are likely next.

Entered the step up queue less than a week ago and received email today my step up is ready, 3080 ti ftw3 ultra.

What cards are still available for step up? Just the 3080ti/3090 or are some of the 3060s still around and kicking for the queue?

What cards are still available for step up? Just the 3080ti/3090 or are some of the 3060s still around and kicking for the queue?
I had no 3090s or 3080s for choices.. best card was the 3080 TI and all the rest were 3060s and 3070s if I remember correctly. The 3080 TI will be here Thursday though, so was a quick step up from start to finish.

I had no 3090s or 3080s for choices.. best card was the 3080 TI and all the rest were 3060s and 3070s if I remember correctly. The 3080 TI will be here Thursday though, so was a quick step up from start to finish.
Yeah they cleared out their queue with the 2 cars thing. The 3080tis are moving pretty rapidly. Everything that is a decent value per dollar isn’t though.

Someone let me know that they bought one of the cheap GPUs for stepup since I posted this thread and have received step 4 for their 3070 step up. So that queue was moving right along as well.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah they cleared out their queue with the 2 cars thing. The 3080tis are moving pretty rapidly. Everything that is a decent value per dollar isn’t though.
Must have chosen the wrong 2 in queue list since I'm still waiting. I doubt they would give priority to step up people, I think though it only let's you into shorter queues. Too bad they stopped letting people in the queues this may have been a good way to find which cards you still have a chance at getting

Must have chosen the wrong 2 in queue list since I'm still waiting. I doubt they would give priority to step up people, I think though it only let's you into shorter queues. Too bad they stopped letting people in the queues this may have been a good way to find which cards you still have a chance at getting
Could be. I’m waiting for a 3080 vanilla and they’re into late February on the step up. I think maybe late October for the wait in line to buy. I think it’s dumb to give priority for step up if they are since it’d push me into 4000 series time frame :) if they filled the buy queue first

Someone let me know that they bought one of the cheap GPUs for stepup since I posted this thread and have received step 4 for their 3070 step up. So that queue was moving right along as well.
I'm actually at Step 5 for the 3070FTW3 Gaming. Dropped off the 210 GPU I bought to be returned via UPS yesterday. My son will be replacing the trusty old 1070FTW.

Back