HOT eVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT 256MB PCI-e $120 Shipped

zagon

Limp Gawd
Ripped from Slickdeals:

eVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT 256MB PCI-e Card for $170 - $20 instant savings - $30 rebate = $120 with Free Shipping.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA...13459594k1971&affiliateid=k1971&mid=sduidp0t0

You may get hit with tax on this one though.

Edit: Rebate on this post: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=6445045&postcount=33
Online rebate form here: http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid...13459594k1971&affiliateid=k1971&mid=sduidp0t0
(Only one rebate per purchase)

Circuit City with a good deal on a video card? I think my head just exploded.

Considering the cheapest 8600 GT on Newegg is a hair under $150 and this particular one costs $170 (OOS) at the Egg, this is a very good deal on a DX10 card. About on par with a 7600 GT with stock clocks, maybe a little better.

And I think tax is definitely charged on this one no matter where you live, CC and Best Buy always seem to charge tax on online orders. So about $126 shipped AR, still a good deal.

It might just be me but I'm getting a "403 - Forbidden" error on that slickdeals link to the rebate.

Circuit City with a good deal on a video card? I think my head just exploded.

Considering the cheapest 8600 GT on Newegg is a hair under $150 and this particular one costs $170 (OOS) at the Egg, this is a very good deal on a DX10 card. About on par with a 7600 GT with stock clocks, maybe a little better.

And I think tax is definitely charged on this one no matter where you live, CC and Best Buy always seem to charge tax on online orders. So about $126 shipped AR, still a good deal.

Haha for real thats like when i got my 7600GT for $39 from them

I read a review (forgot which site) and they got a 1GHz o/c on these cards using just a couple pencil v-mods and a better HS so I might just jump on this as well.

Great find! Sorry, but are those two links essentially the same thing? Or are there two $30 discounts, bringing the card below $100 now? Either way, I may just bite on this one :).

i am pretty sure they are the same, seems like a type though for the dept number since some numbers are switched around b/t both, but still the same numbers in different order. But even then, you have to send the original ups in for both so you won't be able to get both rebates.

I really want to bite on this, but I'm in the middle of an RMA right now... ugh.

Just went to my Circuit City (Taylor, MI) and they have them in stock with the $119 after rebate price. Good deal. I almost got one for my HTPC I'm building this summer, but by the time I build it, they'll probably be cheaper. :p

If I get this card and decide to use their StepUp program, which $$$ figure would I get as credit, the original price, price after IR, price after IR and MIR?

If I get this card and decide to use their StepUp program, which $$$ figure would I get as credit, the original price, price after IR, price after IR and MIR?

I would think the original price..

From evga:

you are required to pay the difference between your original invoice price, less any applicable rebates, and the price of the new card, plus any applicable tax and shipping.
:( :( :(

how would 2 of these in SLI compare to a 8800gts 320mb

not as well as you think.

You'd be better off getting the 8800 and possibly putting that in SLI down the road, but 320MB in SLI is kinda pointless; so the 640MB 8800 is the better option.

Well, its legit in stores too. The thing rang up for $149 plus tax - came out to be $162.3. I will be mailing in my rebate tomorrow.

Also, what is this 90 days setup plan for evga?

Yeah, I picked up one in store as well, last one they had. I'll be using it for the step up program, hopefully we'll see 8900s before the 90 days is up.

Yeah, I picked up one in store as well, last one they had. I'll be using it for the step up program, hopefully we'll see 8900s before the 90 days is up.

The only problem I have with the step-up program is that you have to pay the difference between the card you trade in, and the MSRP of the card you want to buy. For example, you might be able to get an eVGA 640 mb 8800 GTS for ~$350 at some e-tailers, but the MSRP at eVGA.com is $440. So it doesn't work out as well as some may think.

The only problem I have with the step-up program is that you have to pay the difference between the card you trade in, and the MSRP of the card you want to buy. For example, you might be able to get an eVGA 640 mb 8800 GTS for ~$350 at some e-tailers, but the MSRP at eVGA.com is $440. So it doesn't work out as well as some may think.
oh wow I never noticed that about the step up program. That totally kills it. Take the example of an 8800GTX. MSRP is what, $550? Dell sells a GTX for around $450. There goes your $100 savings from the step up.

lol...good marketing by evga, seems like everybody on the internet is buying up evga cards becuase of step up...not such a good deal after all....of course their support and etc is still good.

oh wow I never noticed that about the step up program. That totally kills it. Take the example of an 8800GTX. MSRP is what, $550? Dell sells a GTX for around $450. There goes your $100 savings from the step up.

lol...good marketing by evga, seems like everybody on the internet is buying up evga cards becuase of step up...not such a good deal after all....of course their support and etc is still good.

R600 should see the current crop drop in MSRP though, so you should make out ok, plus I have a cheap DX10 card to play with for a few months atleast. I mainly want to see how pure video works on these since supposedly it's better then on the 8800s. Besides, if new highend cards are released, they're most likely going to sell at or near MSRP for atleast the first month.

Well, its legit in stores too. The thing rang up for $149 plus tax - came out to be $162.3. I will be mailing in my rebate tomorrow.

Also, what is this 90 days setup plan for evga?

whats the speed on this thing?

I bit on this, didn't feel like shelling all that money out for a 8800

Core clock 540MHz
Memory Clock 1400MHz

why'd nvidia have to handicap this thing so much. i'm kind of ticked off that they made the high end cards so damm good, and seemed to just take a crap with these. i know i know, it's mid range segment, but i'm having a really hard time justifying buying this over a 7900gs. considering that with the 7900gs i get just a few fps lower in the games i play compared to a 7900gt. seems i'd rather buy an x1900gt/x1950gt than this thing. really pissed off because it is a good deal for a dx10 card, but why 128bit? why no hdcp? it's a good deal considering the regular price it's going for everywhere else. it's just i'm torn between deciding between this thing and a 7900gs that outperforms it by quite a bit. grr.... sorry, just had to vent. i was given the choice of buying it this weekend at a circuit city that was one hour away (went to visit a relative) since all the ones in town were out of stock. almost bought it, but couldnt bring myself to pull out the wallet at the time. ticked me off.

There are other 8600GT's with HDCP.. and 8600GTS'... Also, nobody is forcing you to get this. If you don't like the features, don't buy. Thanks for sharing the cool story.

but couldnt bring myself to pull out the wallet at the time. ticked me off.

I think you made the right choice by passing, if you were experiencing buyers remorse before you purcahsed, imagine how you would have felt after taking it home and then second guessing the purchase. Post purchase, Im always contemplating if I should have bought something else. Im very indecisive. :confused:

Thanks for sharing the cool story.

LOL

Any word on how well these OC?

Back