Hot dog, it C&C 3 week, I can't wait..anyone else

havent tried this in C and C yet. but in other games, if you set the game to window mode you can move your mouse across all your screens without it Alt tabing or anything like that...

Well yeah, but modern games ought to support dual monitors. Can this be done with Zero Hour? Is it done through an extension of the shortcut filepath?

i dont know if C&C supports window mode. but its usually in the same menu where u adjust resolution and such items.

I personally dont want my games to take up 2 screens. since I like to be able to web serf and talk to friends and switch music play lists without have the need to Alt Tab every time i get a new IM or wanna check something on google.....

heh, thats the reason WHY i got a 2nd monitor...

But for some games i guess it pretty nifty. I havent tried Sup Comm, but i have run WoW using both of my monitors...

I don't either. I use my other monitor for Winamp, AIM, and Thunderbird. Just getting sick of Zero Hour minimizing whenever I click the other display.

Heh, FEAR Combat doesn't even let my mouse escape the primary monitor.

Sorry for quoting my own post, but I really would love to know if buildable walls exist in C&C3. (and turrets) If they do, I will buy a copy for me and my old C&C buddy from back in the day. We would sometimes play with hour+ "base building" periods, it was great. But it just wasn't the same after they dropped the walls. I did keep playing the series for awhile, but my friend wasn't really interested anymore.

Yeah, I was a big fan of wall-building also. I used to do at least double-concrete walls all the way around and leave only a small gap at the front. I used to keep a tank in the gap so that it could move and let my units past and then block the way again, in “The Godfather” style ;) It only took a few tank blasts to take them down, but that gave my tesla coils plenty of time to zap the hell out of them.

Yes, the game does minimize for me when I click on the other screen.

Disappointing.. But it is an EA game that supports widescreen so I guess we can't complain too much.. :rolleyes:

Oh wow.. I am having a ton of trouble with the GDI croatia mission. Why does your base have to be in the worst possible tactical position, why????

Seriously...that mission is a bitch. After rescuing the reinforcement I lost my resource truck...TWICE. Didn't have enough money to build another (even after selling) so I gave up. I'll go back to it in a few hours.

I must wait until Tuesday :(

I have ordered the Kane Edit but I didn't pay on time. Therefore I must be content with the demo until Tuesday

For anyone who is on an older system, I can confirm it does run well on an AMD 3000+ Claw, 1 gig, and a 9800Pro. The initial startup is incredibly slow, but the missions load up much quicker.

Out of interest, have any of you been able to play online? im registered with ea and log in and all but when ever i try connecting the damn thing freezes up on me and i have to reboot. And yes i am running with the 1.2 patch and no im not using vista.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyone know where saved game files are saved? I gotta format and need to back them up first. THeres no way im starting over.

Saved Games

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Profiles\Username\SaveGames

Out of interest, have any of you been able to play online? im registered with ea and log in and all but when ever i try connecting the damn thing freezes up on me and i have to reboot. And yes i am running with the 1.2 patch and no im not using vista.

Anyone else notice this?

i been playing online since day one. actually have more online play then campaign play so far. stable as can be for me on windows xp and ati vid card.

seems like on the C&C forum lot of people are having problems connecting/freezing or whatever. blaming router incompatibility and what not.

So will I have to play through the second one (Tiberium Sun was it?) to understand the story? I think I still have it kicking around somewhere if it's necessary.

So will I have to play through the second one (Tiberium Sun was it?) to understand the story? I think I still have it kicking around somewhere if it's necessary.

I don't think so. I've actually never really played through the campaigns of any of the previous ones and I understand the story just fine.

Just finished the GDI campaign. That was fun, still disappointed I had to beat one mission on normal to get by. Anyone successfully beat a Brutal AI in skirmish?

Back