Hot dog, it C&C 3 week, I can't wait..anyone else

I'm gonna buy it because Jennifer Morrison (Dr. Cameron from FOX's House) likes to appear on my screen and be all cute and helpful. :D

And I need a change from C&C: Zero Hour. It's fun and all, but I need something new.

Anyone know if it supports dual monitors? As in, play it on one and you can switch to the other without it minimizing.

And I need a change from C&C3. It's fun and all, but I need something new.

Anyone know if it supports dual monitors? As in, play it on one and you can switch to the other without it minimizing.

No it doesn't. You're thinking of SupCom.

Does anyone know if building walls (sandbags, fence, concrete) is possible in this version?

Sorry for quoting my own post, but I really would love to know if buildable walls exist in C&C3. (and turrets) If they do, I will buy a copy for me and my old C&C buddy from back in the day. We would sometimes play with hour+ "base building" periods, it was great. But it just wasn't the same after they dropped the walls. I did keep playing the series for awhile, but my friend wasn't really interested anymore.

Sorry for quoting my own post, but I really would love to know if buildable walls exist in C&C3. (and turrets) If they do, I will buy a copy for me and my old C&C buddy from back in the day. We would sometimes play with hour+ "base building" periods, it was great. But it just wasn't the same after they dropped the walls. I did keep playing the series for awhile, but my friend wasn't really interested anymore.

No walls. I know, I miss em, too, but it is still stupid fun.

It's funny seeing people trying to knock C&C3 about unit count in supcoms "defence" but the thing is that you can build up massive armies in C&C3 very fast, you build 5 foot soliders at a time, and it takes about 3 seconds.

I never ran into any kind of upper cap of units, if you count each man as a single unit rather than each squad, you can have 100's of units on screen at once, all the supcom !!!!!!s who think that C&C3 is small scale, you clearly have no played the demo.

My $0.02

I think supcom is slow and boring, it's boasting points seem to be its scale, but scale like that just means you spend most of the time in the commander view ordering around groups of units, much like you order a squad of men in CoH or C&C3, it's way to complicated to just load up and have a good scrap, the tech trees are too big for their own good, all the powerful units are slow as hell.

The C&C3 demo was a nice trip down memory lane and they seemed to have grasped the idea of RTS well, build up a large army, fast, and then blow some shit up.

Basic tech tree, fast build times, bright and colourful, with a reasonable scale (number of units and map size)

I have C&C3 now, I'm waiting to finish STALKER before I start playing it, but I can't wait :D

C&C runs great for anyone who is wondering. I have it installed and on max detail on a single core amd64 cpu with 1gb DDR memory and a 7900gt, it runs fine. Its amazing how good the game looks and how fast it still runs.

They got alot of professional actors in the games single player videos and voiceovers. They have that doctor chick from the TV show "House". They have the silon model #6 (the Asian chick) from TV show Battlestar Galactica. They have the bad guy from Total Recall. Who knows who else, only just started it.

Anyways it looks like a fun game and runs great.

anyone running vista x64 might want to hold on before dropping the $$ on this. the game won't fire up, it gives an error saying make sure you have DX9 installed/vid accel is not disabled. supposedly the 1.01.update fixes this, but cnc.com isn't showing any patches yet, and the updater fires up from WITHIN the game. did a quick search on the install folder and didn't find a seperate way to fire up the updater.. :rolleyes:

No, I was thinking about C&C3 and asking if it supports it.

:confused:

Your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me!

P.S. I meant I needed a change from C&C: Zero Hour, not C&C3.

lol oh okay. I saw the "I need a change from CC3" and was like...SupCOm!

I think supcom is slow and boring, it's boasting points seem to be its scale, but scale like that just means you spend most of the time in the commander view ordering around groups of units, much like you order a squad of men in CoH or C&C3, it's way to complicated to just load up and have a good scrap, the tech trees are too big for their own good, all the powerful units are slow as hell.

Tech 3 Harbringers, Siege Bots, etc take like 20 seconds to make with engineers assisting them. You can get up to Tech 3 in like 10 minutes if you want to.

If you load up a 1v1 map rarely do they go over 10 minutes, and in that 10 minutes you get air battles between fighters and bombers, light artillery starting to go off, and submarines blowing up your naval base.

CC3 was fine and dandy, just more of the same.

Just read a review from games domain (now yahoo games). It was suprisingly harsh and the guys bashed the acting in particular.

I'm a sucker for the true C&C series though (especially the FMV's, never could get enough of them) and wouldn't want to miss this one, just hoping my 2.66northwood and readon 9000 is up to snuff.

Is the engine more optimised then general's?

Just read a review from games domain (now yahoo games). It was suprisingly harsh and the guys bashed the acting in particular.

I'm a sucker for the true C&C series though (especially the FMV's, never could get enough of them) and wouldn't want to miss this one, just hoping my 2.66northwood and readon 9000 is up to snuff.

Is the engine more optimised then general's?

It runs better then I figured it would on my system with everything maxed and 8xAA/ 16xAF on. It seems to be optimized for a wide range of hardware.

Your CPU would be ok but I'm not too sure about the Radeon 9000 if you happen to be running Vista. Here's the required from the readme.

Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ or ATI Radeon 8500+
for Windows XP / NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ or ATI Radeon 9500+ for
Vista (Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX
cards not supported)

If you are running vista 64 and it doesn't go use the controll center and grab the patch. The game will run after that.

I had that problem that fixed it right up.

And yes the game is smooth. Some of the levels are just beautiful!

And skrin don't need silo's!!!

I bought C&C3 from Best Buy today and wow, this is a serious refresher for the C&C series, I love the whole technology/war setting, it really puts me in the mind frame that I'm actually fighting a war against the NOD. I love what they did with the shader effects and the detail on the buildings and the explosions. Did i mention how great the cutscenes are?

Supcom is no match for this. Supcom didn't give me that feel like it was great game, I mean yeah it had a larger scale but it didn't reel me in like C&C3. Now all i have to do is wait for UT3 and I will be good.

Well worth the $49.99 I paid for it.

Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ or ATI Radeon 8500+ for Windows XP

NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ or ATI Radeon 9500+ for Vista (Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards not supported)

Yeeeess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is a DX8 code path to run this thing. Now I can just go back and concentrate on the test nest week (Circuits and Systems 202) and then it's the mid-semester breaks!!!

The Vista support is a bit silly, the only reason it's not gonna work is due to driver's since Catalyst stopped supporting it since 6.x. But I use Omega anyway.

I purchased the Kane Edition, was 63,000 something out of 100,000.

Loaded the game up and did a skirmish agains the NOD. It really took me back and I look forward to starting the single player campaign this week.

I purchased the Kane Edition, was 63,000 something out of 100,000.

Loaded the game up and did a skirmish agains the NOD. It really took me back and I look forward to starting the single player campaign this week.

What does the American Kane edition come with?

The Australian is one of 8,100 (which makes sense, you guys have over 10x our population) and comes with nothing but a plastic case that holds 1 disc, a cardboard slip holding the bonus disc and a manual! Pretty skimpy if you ask me.

But don't get me wrong, i loved the Demo and i've been playing a bit of the campaign and it feels awesome. I loved CoH and all the original C&C and i think C&C3 will entertain me for ages to come! Can't wait to finish the campaign and get cracking at some multiplayer.

One thing i'm not liking is how you have to 'tie' your CD-Key to an account, ala BF2142. This really pisses me off, at least make it so you don't require the CD/DVD to play if you register and log in everytime you play, or something at least!

I got the collectors edition too :). Its cool.

I'm loving the game so far, stayed up to 2am because I really wanted to finish "Just 1 more mission". Its great so far. I'm playing the single player campaign first, always like doing it that way. GDI first, then off to NOD.

If you are running vista 64 and it doesn't go use the controll center and grab the patch. The game will run after that.

I had that problem that fixed it right up.

yea, i figured that out after about 90 minutes of putzing. Wanted to shoot myself for being that slow :eek:

does anyone know if you can play the scrin campaign after you finish the other 2? i was gonna do nod first but game recommended playing gdi first so thats what i did. im loving the game so far. you build stuff fast. the action isent slow it seems.

does anyone know if you can play the scrin campaign after you finish the other 2? i was gonna do nod first but game recommended playing gdi first so thats what i did. im loving the game so far. you build stuff fast. the action isent slow it seems.

I was also wondering if theres a scrim campaign, though I figured there isn't one. Is there?

I've heard you unlock the Scrin campaign after you complete both the NOD and GDI ones.

Can anyone tell me what the standard 100,000 Kane Edition comes with?

C&C 3: Kane Edition will include an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a behind the scenes documentary, deleted scenes and a blooper reel from the live action video shoots, a series of gameplay strategy videos from the game designers themselves, and more.

C&C 3: Kane Edition will also feature exclusive in-game content including five new multiplayer maps and three unique unit skins—one for each of the three factions in the game. Fans will also enjoy five exclusive wallpapers.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=19414

I've heard you unlock the Scrin campaign after you complete both the NOD and GDI ones.

Can anyone tell me what the standard 100,000 Kane Edition comes with?

Can anyone confirm this? It'd make me very happy if true ;).

there is talk that after you beat both the NOD and GDI campaigns that you unlock 4 Scrin Missions..I cannot confirm as I have only done the training so far :p can't wait to head home to start the new missions.

Oh wow.. I am having a ton of trouble with the GDI croatia mission. Why does your base have to be in the worst possible tactical position, why????

Yup, I'm having a blast with C&C3. Probably my favorite RTS game since Warcraft 3. I love the live action movies in the campaign...cheesy as hell but I love them.

Woke up and played it pretty much all day gotta get to work in a couple hours..took a break to eat shower etc. The GDI campaign is awesome, and it seems like you "unlock" technology after each mission if done correctly.

This game is fast as hell too, takes less than 5 seconds for a mission to load up.

CCC.png

2 week long mid semester break starts next Friday...

Hm, it seems we're getting the same package as you.

Do you guys in the States get a choice of another pack, one with a shirt, mousepad, dogtag, tin box etc?

Nope, we pretty much get the same thing as you do. A different case and an extra DVD with goodies on it.

Well I got the Kane edition, WOW.. so good! I forgot how fun this game is. Everything is amazing about it. I have a 22" widescreen so I was super happy to see it supports 1680x1050. Everything on Ultra High and no hiccups! Solid gameplay, really brings me back to the old days of RA.

The video briefings and stuff are amazing, they are so high quality and look so much nicer on widescreen. Solid solid release.

Anyone playing it with dual monitors? Does it minimize when you click on the other display?

Back