HOT - Dell S2825cdn Multifunction Color Laser Printer $150 shipped!

Appears the deal is dead.. back up to double in price.. $299.99 good times to all who were able to buy in earlier..

If I did not already have excellent wireless BW laser brother with duplex and scanning I would jump on this

Sweet! Thanks for posting this deal OP. A printer showed up today on my doorstep. Can't really comment about Quill other than saying dealing with them has been "interesting".

Had a mis-fire on the coupon code, but this thing was still a great deal at the $169.99 price. :)

I'm not sure why I bought it since I already had a decent printer I hardly ever use but since it was only $150 and multifunction, why not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Call from Fedex on my voicemail about a 77lb pallet from Dell that needed truck access. I was drawing a blank as to what it could be....... hahahaha this thing went truck freight, will take a picture when I get to it.

Your welcome guys, glad so many of you were able to take advantage of this deal. Multi-function color laser printers of this caliber are rarely seen below $300 (and even that is a descent price) let alone $150 shipped which includes toner, office duty cycle, and 1yr onsite warranty. Hopefully they go on sale again for those of you who missed out!

** Dont forget to flash the firmware!! Link is in original post!**

Last edited:
Took a while for them to dig it out at the fedex depot from another trailer... forgot to take picture. Listed weight on box was only ~61lbs or so, not at all hard to move especially with two people. I think 6 could have fit on that pallet....

Your welcome guys, glad so many of you were able to take advantage of this deal. Multi-function color laser printers of this caliber are rarely seen below $300 (and even that is a descent price) let alone $150 shipped which includes toner, office duty cycle, and 1yr onsite warranty. Hopefully they go on sale again for those of you who missed out!

** Dont forget to flash the firmware!! Link is in original post!**

What's the big deal about the firmware? Seems to be working fine so far, so what's the benefit in grabbing it... I'm always a bit skeptical of firmware updates because if they fail... I do hope the device has a fallback.

Call from Fedex on my voicemail about a 77lb pallet from Dell that needed truck access. I was drawing a blank as to what it could be....... hahahaha this thing went truck freight, will take a picture when I get to it.

WHAT THE FUCK? Did anyone take a picture of the shipping box? or the dimensions of the box.... for some reason I imagined that this would just be in a regular box...mine's being delivered today....

Why the hell is this thing 70 lbs @ 19.82 x 16.89 x 19.68? Is there like a midget inside?

Last edited:
What's the big deal about the firmware? Seems to be working fine so far, so what's the benefit in grabbing it... I'm always a bit skeptical of firmware updates because if they fail... I do hope the device has a fallback.

Fix: Resolves print margin issue that might be effecting label and duplex printing.

I guess if you don't use that, you don't have too.

Fix: Resolves print margin issue that might be effecting label and duplex printing.

I guess if you don't use that, you don't have too.

I spoke with Commercial support (real tech, not a script parrot) and this Firmware fixes ALOT of extra stuff that is not documented publicly. Strongly urged me to flash the firmware as it fixed a bunch of stuff beyond the margin issue.

WHAT THE FUCK? Did anyone take a picture of the shipping box? or the dimensions of the box.... for some reason I imagined that this would just be in a regular box...mine's being delivered today....

Why the hell is this thing 70 lbs @ 19.82 x 16.89 x 19.68? Is there like a midget inside?

That is one of the features that makes this printer such a good deal, your getting a office caliper printer for less than a modestly featured "consumer" printer. Additionally, one of the reasons I always buy a office class printer is they are generally built better, have MUCH higher duty cycles, are actually serviceable (consumer ones tend to be throw away units), and toner is cheaper vs consumer grade printers. All things considered, the added weight and size are more than made up for by the aforementioned.

Here is a pic of the box with a Fedex guy for scale.
ScreenShot165.jpg

The delivery vehicle may be a bigger concern for some.
ScreenShot164.jpg

Here is a pic of the box with a Fedex guy for scale.

Thanks....mine got rescheduled for tomorrow, I'm going to get a few annoyed looks if a a semi roles thru my development...can you open it up and take a picture of it next to a banana please.

The delivery vehicle may be a bigger concern for some.
[/QUOTE

I sure wish I would have take advantage of this deal. I have a 13 yr old HP LaserJet 1012. Tiny little beast. It is still on the original toner cartridge! This sure would have been a great upgrade -- Maybe next time...

Wow!!!!! Plugged this printer into my network and did some test printing. This puppy is silly fast!!!!!! All systems on the network picked it right up and installed the proper drivers within minutes. Great printer for the money!!!!!!!

OP, Thanks a million for finding this deal and posting it man! You da man, man. :woot:

could use one. I'm replying so I can find this thread later and keep checking if the deal is back live

could use one. I'm replying so I can find this thread later and keep checking if the deal is back live

I hear ya. I have a family member that is wanting one as well.

It was a smoking deal!!!!!!

For anyone looking to grab an extra supply of the large toner cartridges, and doesn't want to deal with eBay, here is the eBay sellers actual web site where a person can grab the sets:

https://www.imagetoner.com/dell-s28...aVp7uCnFC0BorWYx42pSCcw1nWbUYnzUaAph_EALw_wcB

The combo set only has the single black cartridge, but being a 3000 page cartridge and having the ones installed that came with the printer, it should last a long time.

Wonder what shelf life is on the toner cartridges?

I had one of these when i owned a cell phone store. It is stingy on ink and bullet proof. I purchased a second on for my other store. I paid 325 each a long time ago.

Lol that thing is huge. Great deal on what sounds like a great printer, though!

I have always wanted a color laser AIO and almost bit on this deal but I just couldn't justify it given how much I print and to my back that would need to put this on a table lol.

Ok. I received mine a few days ago and plugged it in to the a range extender that is wirelessly linked to my main home router. I pulled off all the shipping tape and padding, then turned it on.

So, of course I sit down at the computer, pull up Dell's website, and proceed to search for Windows 10 64 bit drivers for my main PC, only to find like six different options for drivers!!! I started researching which one is the best for home use, then the thought occurs to me: Maybe I can just use the "Add a printer" wizard that comes with Windows?

So I hope into Devices and Printers, and IT'S ALREADY THERE. What???

It has printed perfectly every time since then. This thing is stupid fast, has amazing quality, scans color photos surprisingly well, and has all the features I could ever want in a color laser multifunction. I could not be more grateful for this thing, especially having 9 kids (8 that live here) and two adults (and the occasional visiting family member) that are printing and copying stuff all the time.

I do NOT miss my Brother inkjet. Not. One. Bit.

This thing is big, though. It didn't fit in the cabinet where I wanted to put it.

This thing is stupid fast, has amazing quality, scans color photos surprisingly well, and has all the features I could ever want in a color laser multifunction.

Amen to that brother!!!!!!!

They are some frigging sweet printers.

Thanks OP. Great printer other then it is really thirsty for power. Lights flicker when ever use it might be time to get a bigger breaker for the computer room.

I so wish I got in on this deal. But my old Dell 3100CN is STILL kicking. Laser is SO MUCH BETTER THAN INKJET for lifetime usability. And all lasers have a massive power draw. There are two ways you can alleviate that. Get a small UPS to put on it to absorb the spike... or.. deal with the dimming of lights.

Unless it's an appropriately large (high VA) UPS, you shouldn't plug a laser printer into an UPS.

Some good info at https://superuser.com/questions/466642/why-shouldnt-i-attach-laser-printers-or-scanners-to-a-ups
I so wish I got in on this deal. But my old Dell 3100CN is STILL kicking. Laser is SO MUCH BETTER THAN INKJET for lifetime usability. And all lasers have a massive power draw. There are two ways you can alleviate that. Get a small UPS to put on it to absorb the spike... or.. deal with the dimming of lights.
Absorbing inrush current etc. is not what a UPS does nor is designed to do and by design is incapable of doing.

Thanks OP. Great printer other then it is really thirsty for power. Lights flicker when ever use it might be time to get a bigger breaker for the computer room.
Yeah, you got some electrical issues. Breakers are designed for the the house wiring and sockets they they support, I would think twice about increasing the breaker size and before doing anything consult an electrician.

I have this issue in my house too and it is a new house. 15a breaker with a real PC an AVR and 2 laser printers isnt enough.

I have all my PCs and AVR and Projector on UPSs and the laser printers definately cause them to kick on when they fire up.

I need to get a separate 20a for my network rack and a 20a for the laser printers wired up in my office :/

Now I regret not getting on this deal because it lacked wifi.

I been in the boat for a color laser printer that has duplex and an auto-feed scanner for a while now. Lately most color laser deals has been without the auto duplex feature.

I wish a Brother color laser AIO (with duplex) would go on sale but they never do.

Last edited:
yeah me too :/

I have 2 workcenter class printers a Xerox Color LED and a Brother BW laser but neither are all in one and this would have been a killer add

Back