Hot deals for folders

I've got a good rack of open space in a colo, 100mb both up and down, just not enough budget to fill it up...

I might have one I might be selling in a few weeks. The PSU that is...

1055T for $90 at TigerDirect today
If you have plans for multiple (4 or more) GPU boxes in th near future and want to go with an AMD platform, this chip would do nicely. I just bought 2 1045Ts for the same price, so this is a good deal.

New Supermicro H8QGi on eBay for $499 + shipping ??

H8QGi

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've seen this... :D I guess the VRMs are just as good as the H8QGL? At least MUCH easier to cut sinks for these :p no stupid caps in between the CPU ones.

Better power distribution on the GL(more stable overclocks). I have a GI and it has been running like a top, so both are good imo.

H8QGi

I bit the bullet and buying one of these for my first 4P system. Already have one 6176, so soon the paypal account will be a bit smaller. Fold On!

H8QGi

Got my yesterday, bare board, looks brand new, but it is Gateway OEM board:

IMAG0268.jpg

Gateway sold 4P G34 systems? I had no idea. I don't know how many years it's been since I've seen that cow logo. :)

I've seen that error. You have to flash with a different command.

tear can give you the correct command.

"Magic" word is:
Code:
flash "G60N4G.A11 /X"
and answer is Yes, it can be flashed. :D

Look at those SM Gateway board for $499 US + Postage.

G34 4P still viable? Tax time is on it's way and I'm debating over a 4P or more GPUs. Looked around but what are the current PPD figures for say 4x 6128 vs 4x 6176? Expecting power draw to be under 1kw either way. Obviously if I go 4P I'll throw some WUs [H] way out of respect for the 4P guides you got going on.

Look at those SM Gateway board for $499 US + Postage.

G34 4P still viable? Tax time is on it's way and I'm debating over a 4P or more GPUs. Looked around but what are the current PPD figures for say 4x 6128 vs 4x 6176? Expecting power draw to be under 1kw either way. Obviously if I go 4P I'll throw some WUs [H] way out of respect for the 4P guides you got going on.

Last I heard, 4x6128 cannot handle bigadv any longer so you need to get something faster or with 12 cores each.

i believe 4x6128 are still able to handle bigadv fine... unless you run at stock speed (who would?) and not run it 24x7 :D

Here is my account.
4p 6128 at stock folding bigadv under Linux. That has been the only points to my account except for a couple WU on HD 7970 last month.
Points are back up to where they were when I built the rig in Jan 2012. The one dip in early 2012 is from the Chimp Callenge.

They sold 6 boards and raised price...

Here is my account.
4p 6128 at stock folding bigadv under Linux. That has been the only points to my account except for a couple WU on HD 7970 last month.
Points are back up to where they were when I built the rig in Jan 2012. The one dip in early 2012 is from the Chimp Callenge.

Zink, thanks for link, very interesting results. I running right now my "cow" board flashed to big [H] with 2x 6168 and 1x6134 @ 2.3 and only 5 memory slots populated (2 in first cpu, 1 in second and 2 in third). My results are slightly worse than yours, so 32 cores @ 2.0GHz with 16-channels memory beating 32 cores @ 2.3GHz and 5-channels. So not only cores and GHZ are important, memory bandwith has quite impact on F@H.

Back