Hot deals for folders

Supermicro 2042G-TRF 4P G34 $599 starting bid.

^^ This. IF it's in decent shape. New, even on Crapbay, these were going for $900+ on best offer.
These are the foundation of all my 4P rigs.
The right MB for the OC BIOS, high power dual-redundant 1400W PSU, Optical drive, 2 x GigE, "useable" video for settiing up folding, passive cooling if you can stand the noise, all cabling, etc. included.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Throw 2 undervolted 7990's(once they show up) on there for a nice 2200hash self sustaining monster folding rig! Bitcoins to pay for power to keep folding for free.

^^ This. IF it's in decent shape. New, even on Crapbay, these were going for $900+ on best offer.
These are the foundation of all my 4P rigs.
The right MB for the OC BIOS, high power dual-redundant 1400W PSU, Optical drive, 2 x GigE, "useable" video for settiing up folding, passive cooling if you can stand the noise, all cabling, etc. included.

Pisssst. Stop drawing attention to it ;)

Uh-oh. Look at the pictures closely, especially the first socket close up. Are those bent pins I see?
%24T2eC16FHJHQE9nzEyHl-BQP-ogQUKg%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Yes, in the top left quadrant ~5 up , 3 left of the corner on the inside

A steady hand and a pair of tweezers. If you're not comfortable with it, do not attempt it. Find a jeweler who is sympathetic and they can do it easily.

Not sure if this is a good deal. I was offered for $300 + $61.79 S/H
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170868772743?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

That included CPUs, RAM and barebone, and get another 4x6cores cpus will cost another $600 ... total cost about $1K for 4p 24core. Anyone know if I can replace the motherboard with new 4p G34 sockets into this old case? Look like it's compatible but not sure if this PSU is gold rate as the new 1u barebone from Supermicro. It's a kind of expensive if used as barebone, because with $362, I could buy a nice full-tower case with a 1000W gold PSU.

Yeah, too bad the motherboards are so bloody expensive.

too bad a 4p of those is 15% slower than harbringer....
4p 2011 or 4p g34 are the only smart choices ...

Plus $33 shipping = $58. Reasonable, but not a smoking hot deal. I have some similar ones, and they are just fine. The only drawback is that 19" of depth is not a lot - you would really notice it with video cards, since you would probably have to remove the HDD cage for them to fit. You also aren't going to get any board over an ATX (maybe E-ATX) to fit.

Microcenter seems to now carry some Opteron cpus. Maybe this isn't new, but I haven't seen these before on their site. Prices seem lower than newegg too:
8, 12, or 16 cores, all G34
(no, I don't work there, just thought it may help somebody)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/400678/Opteron_6272_21GHz_Socket_G34_Processor_OS6272WKTGGGUWOF#

http://www.microcenter.com/product/400676/Opteron_6212_26GHz_Socket_G34_Processor_OS6212WKT8GGUWOF#

http://www.microcenter.com/product/..._26GHz_Socket_G34_Processor_OS6234WKTCGGUWOF#

It does come with the heatsinks.
I sent the last one back to Newegg. It was DOA. Hope this isn't the same one.

This is the model all my rigs are based on, and I got what were considered "great" deals at the time of just over $900 with shipping.
They were unopened/new however.

Woot, thanks for pointing me to that auction. I think I got a pretty smokin deal on it. Now I have some other power supplies I need to get rid of.

Woot, thanks for pointing me to that auction. I think I got a pretty smokin deal on it. Now I have some other power supplies I need to get rid of.

I am glad someone from [H] got it. I have been pissed off for the last 4 hours because I lost it while trying to bid snipe. I forgot about the confirm bid screen and missed placing my bid by one second. Ebay noob mistake.

Glad someone here picked it up. Now, about those tiny screaming fans........
Hope you've got some Musky mod experience ;)

I placed a few bids on it, in hind sight, should have gone a touch higher, but at least I don't need to explain the expense to the wife!:p

Glad someone here picked it up. Now, about those tiny screaming fans........
Hope you've got some Musky mod experience ;)

Yeah I don't plan on using those if I can get away with it. I plan on running it with the top off with the 212s on it.

Oh wow they went down...the actual new ones were more than that when I checked.

Thanks for the heads up sc0tty8 :)

Back