Hot deals for folders

yeah for $420, it would be a cheap way into a 4p. To bad "cheap" 4p is still to much for me ATM lol

I know of some 6180's to go in your 4P MB's at $499 each, PM me and I'll send you the info. ;)

I know...It's not a private individual. I didn't want to post them in public, because I know other teams browse here and I'd rather the [H] get first opportunity at them....

YHPM just in case you were interested. ;)

I'm interested, but also low on disposable income. A sad combo :)

If jebo_4jc isn't ready for those, I am looking to upgrade from my first set of 6128s.
I'm very new here but about to unleash my second 4P for [H]. The first 4P shifts from another team to [H] on 4/1.
Thanks for any consideration.

Not really that [H]ot, but nevertheless an interesting deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Opteron..._Components&hash=item4ab60693bf#ht_500wt_1156
2.6 GHz C32 hex core $50; if you have a source of cheap mobos you could get a nice 12-core rig for cheap.

If they are 4176's they should be 2.4ghz...but still I'm interested. I already have a C32 motherboard and had been looking for a cheap way to get to 12 core. So this fits the bill.

The only odd thing is the part number given doesn't seem to line up with anything online. The only references I can find to an opteron 4176 are for an Opteron 4176 HE at 2.4ghz but with a different part number.

It would rock if they were HE chips, but hard to tell. Anyone have any idea?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
hmm, anyone know where to get used dual C32 MB's? Or would a 2600k on a cheap MB be a better option?

If they are 4176's they should be 2.4ghz...but still I'm interested. I already have a C32 motherboard and had been looking for a cheap way to get to 12 core. So this fits the bill.

The only odd thing is the part number given doesn't seem to line up with anything online. The only references I can find to an opteron 4176 are for an Opteron 4176 HE at 2.4ghz but with a different part number.

It would rock if they were HE chips, but hard to tell. Anyone have any idea?

Hard to tell, but its probably not. Probably an HP OEM part or something.

hmm, anyone know where to get used dual C32 MB's? Or would a 2600k on a cheap MB be a better option?

I haven't found them cheap anywhere yet. :)

If you don't already have a suitable motherboard the 2600K would be the better option.

I took the plunge and bought 2 of the 4176s....glad I did, the rest are now sold. Thanks for the tip.

It is back ...

[SIZE=+1]Hyper 212 Plus Universal Direct Contact Heat-Pipe CPU Cooler - Refurbished[/SIZE]

Your Price:
$12.00

Code:
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-plus-universal-direct-contact-heat-pipe-cpu-cooler-refurbished/

Just out of curiosity, I wonder where Cooler Master gets all these "refurbished" coolers, that they themselves manufacture (or at least have manufactured for them)? Maybe these are units have flawed packaging or other minor flaws, are caught by quality control, and don't make it into retail distribution chains. It just doesn't seem logical there are thousands of consumers out there returning their 212s, so many that CM can market them on a CM site.

Very good observation Linden.
Well, if they don't perform well, you could just return them.

It would also be good to look at their RMA process and see if they pay for shipping or not.
This could be a deal breaker.. (pay $12 for hsf, find out they're defective, pay $8-10 to ship them back...)

Very good observation Linden.
Well, if they don't perform well, you could just return them.

It would also be good to look at their RMA process and see if they pay for shipping or not.
This could be a deal breaker.. (pay $12 for hsf, find out they're defective, pay $8-10 to ship them back...)

I've used several of their refurb 212's, they come just like new and have definitely not been used. I think it is scratch and dent stock as linden speculated.

Yeah, I don't think CM would risk their reputation, which is fairly good. It's personally not an issue for me, as I had ordered my 212+s this past weekend, right before the refurbs came back into stock.

For Canadians, the Antec HCG-620M is on for $65 at the four-letter online retailer that starts with 'N'. That's a 620W Modular PSU made by Seasonic with a 5 year warranty.

It is back ...

[SIZE=+1]Hyper 212 Plus Universal Direct Contact Heat-Pipe CPU Cooler - Refurbished[/SIZE]

Your Price:
$12.00

Code:
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-plus-universal-direct-contact-heat-pipe-cpu-cooler-refurbished/

Bought 4!! Thanks!

I thought these were good prices on the AMD Opteron 12 Core CPUs and wanted to share with the team:

AMD 6172 2.1ghz 12 cores, new pulls, $475 each
AMD 6168 1.9ghz 12 cores, used, $425 each
AMD 6166 HE 1.80ghz 12 cores, new pulls, $340 each
AMD 6164 HE 1.9ghz 12 cores, new pulls, $365 each

Comes with 1yr warranty and Free Shipping. Please remember prices do fluctuate depending on the market and our inventory, but these should be good for the near future.

Contact IT Creations, Sales Manager (Gal Lis - [email protected]) and telling him your with "Stanford's Folding Project".

Greetings [H]orde! I am from T32, and I am needing to step down for the Summer (Vacation money!!!) I am just spreading the word to the community as a whole, rather than just my team, to see If you are interested in building, or even upgrading one of your 4p system's. On the Overclockers classified section, I got:

x4 6174's (425 each, way cheaper than ebay! and this is a "Deal for ALL folders..." as I will not be "that guy" and post higher than 500 bucks)
x4 Noctua NH-U9D0 A3 coolers for them (55 each)
x4 packs of GSkill ripjaws (1333/CL7) 32gigs (45 each pack)

Come on by if you are interested, you can find me under Norcalsteve (just like here), and you can see all the details/pics/build log and Heatware.

Take care, you guys rock! And good job turning up the heat for #1! (Maybe what I got can help with that?)

Last edited:
Hot deal on Crucial Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148504 - $149.46 for 16 Chips with free shipping!

Combined Volume savings + 15% off coupon code today and tomorrow (while funding lasts). Normal price is $14/chip or $223.84 for 16, 2+ volume discount is $11/chip or $175.84 for 16. There is a coupon code today and tomorrow use EMCNEJN45 on all desktop ram get 15% off which is $26.38 off a set of 16. This brings us to a low $149.46 for a set of 16 1.5v 2GB 1333 CAS 7 chips which is just $9.34 each. I've been watching these for a few days now and the promo code sealed the deal for me. (If you are in california this comes out to $160.30 with free shipping).

NOTE - the folks on IRC mentioned these are write protected, so if you are planning to overclock use the new method made by our very own tear that doesn't require writing to your memory!

Sadly the CM's are out of stock again, just after I decided to go all in and set up a 4P... oh well, I'll be patient.

I just gave my wallet to my wife and told her to hide it.

Back