Hot Deals at Microcenter. 25% off open box!

jakubp12

Limp Gawd
Just checked out the website and they're running 25% off all open box and clearance items.

I called the store and confirmed that its for an open box items including electronics, computers, and parts so I quickly placed an in store pick up for a couple things.

Picking up a GTX680 MSI twin forzerIII for $277 after tax and a fully loaded retina MBP (2.7ghz, 16gb ram, 768gb ssd) for $1850 after tax.

There's a bunch of other stuff, just check out the open box section on the website and place an order for in store pick p so they old if for you.

Supposed to run July 1-14.

edit:

I guess this should be put as YMMV. I tried to pick up the macbook, but they wouldnt apply the discount because they said it has to be a "red tag" item, even though when I called TWICE this morning to make sure it would apply to the macbook so I didnt waste my time driving out there. This was at the store in Yonkers, NY. Waste of 2 hours, gas, and toll money.

Then I went to my local MC (Paterson, NJ) to pick up the GTX680, and they applied the discount no problem, and there was no red tag on the item.

Last edited:
Darn woulda nabbed myself a 680 at that price but dont see any in stock

Anything special you have to do to make the 25% off show up?

I have added a couple open box items to my cart and they are still show the regular percent off which is about 10%.

I have added a couple open box items to my cart and they are still show the regular percent off which is about 10%.

Choose pay at store. They will discount the price at the register as it requires a manager override.

I bought a 670 yesterday like that because it was 20% off. The manager had to come over to the register and type in their code.

It's being returned today. Upgrading to the 680 for $7more lol.

You have to go through the front page, there's a 25% off link to the right, go in there and use the links inside.

OP, thanks for this, got an open box 27" Auria IPS for $185.

Choose pay at store. They will discount the price at the register as it requires a manager override.

I bought a 670 yesterday like that because it was 20% off. The manager had to come over to the register and type in their code.

It's being returned today. Upgrading to the 680 for $7more lol.

So is it an additional 25% off the already marked down price?

Or just 25% off the original price?

So is it an additional 25% off the already marked down price?

Or just 25% off the original price?

Not sure on non open box items, but its 25% off the open box price.

For example, the 680 is $417 normally. It's open box was$357 which is discounted another 25% to $267 plus tax.

Kinda funny though, as I found items where open box price is more than the original price +AR discount....;) But %25 off does offset that....:cool:

Sweet deals on processors at the Madison heights store...

GTX 690 for $899 - 25% = $675 + tax. Hmm....Or I could just get a second 7950 to crossfire with for $205.

Kinda funny though, as I found items where open box price is more than the original price +AR discount....;) But %25 off does offset that....:cool:

If you point that out to them in the store they should lower the price to the proper open-box price. I did that a year or so ago at my local store, and it wasn't an issue at all.

Now to decide if I should get the 680 I just reserved and sell my Tahiti LE or pick up another Tahiti LE for basically the same amount out of pocket.

geeze if I knew this was going to happen I would have skipped my 780 and just loaded all the houses computers up with 670s.

UGH.. no retinas in the dallas store... fuck driving to houston 5 hours each way though...

I wouldn't mind a MBP but they're all C2D.. and that's too old for my tastes... though the airs are pretty nice possibly..

Gigabyte 670 complete open box for $220 AR + tax = good?

MSI 7790 open box complete for $70 after rebate and 25% off. You sure this works?

Gigabyte 670 complete open box for $220 AR + tax = good?

MSI 7790 open box complete for $70 after rebate and 25% off. You sure this works?

Yes, you're talking about basically 680 performance for $220. I think I'm going with that card instead of the 680 I have reserved since it will save me $80.

Is it worth it to pick up a MSI 7950 to pair with my Powercolor myst? The 7950 is $271 before discounts. There is also a locked voltage Gigabyte windforce 7950 all for $271 but with a $20 rebate. I think I favor the gigabyte for quietness.

There is also Geforce 690 (dual 680) for $900 before discount. It teases me as we speak, but that is a bit rich for my blood...

I guess this should be put as YMMV. I tried to pick up the macbook, but they wouldnt apply the discount because they said it has to be a "red tag" item, even though when I called TWICE this morning to make sure it would apply to the macbook so I didnt waste my time driving out there. This was at the store in Yonkers, NY. Waste of 2 hours, gas, and toll money.

Then I went to my local MC (Paterson, NJ) to pick up the GTX680, and they applied the discount no problem, and there was no red tag on the item.

website is pretty clear that 25% is for instore orange tag only. you got lucky on the 680. sorry about the trip, lol 2 hours. no way to know what is orange tag without going.
and they might take off the tag if you reserve it lol

website is pretty clear that 25% is for instore orange tag only. you got lucky on the 680. sorry about the trip, lol 2 hours. no way to know what is orange tag without going.
and they might take off the tag if you reserve it lol

That's why I called just to confirm but oh well lol. I knew it was too good to be true.

Wish I saw this when I was still at work since that is already like half way to Microcenter. Oh well I guess I'll stop by tomorrow to see if they have any nice graphics cards left.

Couple of $220 + tax 670s in stock in Boston, but not sure it's worth the trip for YMMV. And 760s will get cheap soon.

well i put in an instore pay order for a MB air (gf wants, will sell her older 13" pro) that would be $605 after 25%

and a 7970 that would be $250 after rebate and 25%

I am debating giving it ago or cancelling. Should I call to see if they will honor the 25"?

they are 18 miles from me

Just a heads up, the Fairfax store wouldn't do the 25% on the 670 that I reserved. Oh well, I don't need it anyway.

shiiiiii. Mayfield Ohio has a 680 for about $262. If only I didn't just pay a decent amount more for a 7970 -_-;.

Apparently only one left.

Just reserved 2 EVGA 660 TI SC at mayfield.. hopefully i can get that 25% to make it $272.94. I am crossing my fingers.. SLI performance will rival that of the titan.. can't beat it! :)

with tax probably looking at $300..

Last edited:
Yea... wasted my time driving out there, just saying 25% off open box is bull. need to add the details, its only orange sticker items. which means only items that have been sticking around the store for a year. So you COULD get lucky and have one 680 that has been open box since release... or you could by like my store and only have little shit dodads for ipod nanos and stuff, a few old printer cartridges... Call and have them check in back for ORANGE sticker of whatever you are looking at becuase it doesnt say on their computers whats what..

By the way I went to minneapolis MC... no 600 cards with orange stickers. and they didnt want to reason with anything.

Open box 660TIs for $140 after tax. Getting a pair. And a Samsung Series 9 ultrabook for $475.

Microcenter of rockville has a 690 going for 899.99 before 25% off. If only i needed it, would have been a hell of a deal

Last edited:
Back