Hot deals at Dell.com on Galaxy Video cards

Sorry for the push out on the orders, it is due to the huge amount of products that were sold, we sold completely out on some product and Galaxy is shipping more product over so the backlog will be filled shortly. Please be a little more patient as the sales were awesome and thanks for the support guys.
I will keep you posted on the next hot deal and we will load up more product to make sure we do not sell out so fast.

Will the mail in rebates still be honored? I'm worried that the cards might arrive late and disqualify us for the rebates....

You have until the end of the month, 30 days past your purchase date.

I was told also they were expecting a shipment and I should receive them before the 19th (I need them before the 26th for rebates) :)

You have until the end of the month, 30 days past your purchase date.

I was told also they were expecting a shipment and I should receive them before the 19th (I need them before the 26th for rebates) :)

Same here. I'll just have to not procrastinate this time I guess. You know, it's probably better that way anyhow! :D

Will the mail in rebates still be honored? I'm worried that the cards might arrive late and disqualify us for the rebates....

The MIR goes thru 7-14 and will be honored. Also the MIR is based on your purchase date not your receive date.

The MIR goes thru 7-14 and will be honored. Also the MIR is based on your purchase date not your receive date.

Right, but you usually only have X number of days after your purchase date to apply for the rebate (in this case 30). So while we fall in the range for the purchase date, the delays give us substantially less days to twiddle our thumbs on the rebates. If the delay gets pushed out a little further then it'd be outside the 30-day window - which I believe is what the user is asking - in that scenario, where you rec'd the item after a period of time >30 days from purchase date, would the rebate still be honored? Or maybe you're saying it will be and I'm just not understanding :p

i just tried going online to submit this and the rebate is gone from the site. i cant enter in the offer code for the rebate for this anymore. what is up with this? Dell takes a long time for the graphics card to come and by the time it comes, i try to register the rebate and now it doesnt. I am very angered by this situation as i had purchase 4 different cards to run in SLI in two desktops. NONE of my rebates are working now and im out of 80 dollars.

I'd send Shane a PM and ask for help before expressing your outright displeasure. I'm sure he's willing to help. I tried entering SIC-5502 on http://galaxytech.4myrebate.com as well and got no results. I did leave a message with their technical support about this, I'll let you know if I get a response.

Last edited:
Sorry if I sound rude, but Dell never advertsied those rebates with the cards, yet people will still bitch and moan when it doesn't work. The cards were already a ridiculous deal without the rebate.

Sorry if I sound rude, but Dell never advertsied those rebates with the cards, yet people will still bitch and moan when it doesn't work. The cards were already a ridiculous deal without the rebate.

yeah but many people bought with the expectations of the rebate and wouldn't have other wise, and dell selling products they don't have in stock is a shitty ass fucking business model.

yeah but many people bought with the expectations of the rebate and wouldn't have other wise, and dell selling products they don't have in stock is a shitty ass fucking business model.
And the manufacture has the right to ask the reseller to take down the mail in rebate forms from their store/website for the reseller negotiated a deal with the manufacture for an instant rebate instead of a mail in rebate. It happens all the time with websites as well as brick and mortors.

Still the rebate stated it was whole channel which translates into any certified Galaxy e-tailer. That said. Dell notified people the cards would be delivered X day. If that day doesn't meet the requirements of the rebate then you are SOL and should of cancelled if it was a deal breaker. Dell did send out e-mails to everyone saying there delivery date was delayed... I cancelled

We're still in the 30-day 'from purchase' window of the rebate, there is no reason that it shouldn't be available. /end of argument

If the rebate states it valid from X date to Y date. it should be valid and accessible at ALL TIMES in between. Dell should not be selling products they dont have in stock. Had people received this earlier and started their claim, this problem would not arise. I see both companies at fault here.

Some people already received them... so they did have stock they just sold more than they had... I talked to Dell and they were expecting a shipment in on the 12th... or on Friday.

Then they said they should ship out the following week, so my estimate of 19th is fairly accurate (Next friday) ship Monday... 3-4 days for delivery = Friday.

So I think that estimate is accurate... I dunno... if It gets delayed again I'll probably cancel, but I got until the 26th to send out the rebates.

I just got my 9800gt and it's the low power version, which I'm excited about. Now I just need the 9600gt.

I sent emails to the address listed on their rebate site, as well as galaxy's technical support on the 12th about the rebate not being redeem-able. No response yet -- but obviously it hasn't been "48 business hours" yet. Hopefully I'll see a response.

As far as Dell goes the graphics cards are still showing as "Not Shipped". The Estimated Delivery date is still listed as the 19th.. but unless it ships today or tomorrow I don't see that happening. ...anyone have a copy of the email from dell saying they were fairly sure they could ship the cards by the 19th that they could forward me? I seem to have deleted mine, and I'd like to have a copy.

Last edited:
SIC-5442
SIC-5502

http://galaxytech.4myrebate.com

You just have to mail your documents within 30 days of purchase... I bought mine on the 28th I think, so I have until the 26th of June to mail the documents.

Also my estimate delivery just changed to 6/12/09 which made me "wut" but maybe it's referring to delivery from Galaxy, and now they'll ship out cards today, we'll find out

SIC-5442
SIC-5502

http://galaxytech.4myrebate.com

You just have to mail your documents within 30 days of purchase... I bought mine on the 28th I think, so I have until the 26th of June to mail the documents.

Also my estimate delivery just changed to 6/12/09 which made me "wut" but maybe it's referring to delivery from Galaxy, and now they'll ship out cards today, we'll find out

Looks like they got them back up. Good! But 6/12 has came and gone.. :\
Edit: Just got a new e-mail saying the "Est Delivery Date" is being pushed back to 6/24 and I need to contact their CS... :( /Canceling and pissed.

Last edited:
Looks like they got them back up. Good! But 6/12 has came and gone.. :\
Edit: Just got a new e-mail saying the "Est Delivery Date" is being pushed back to 6/24 and I need to contact their CS... :( /Canceling and pissed.

You're kidding.... what the heck, Shane????

Isn't this your thread? When I ordered my cards it was early in the promo, and it never said ANYTHING about back ordered cards, or anything not ready to ship. The estimated dates were all quite normal.

The 24th DEFINITELY puts some of us out of range of sending in the rebates, and that's assuming they don't get pushed back AGAIN, which has been known to happen with Dell.

I should've known better than to order something from Dell's store in the first place, but where our friend from Galaxy was backing this promo up, I figured we'd come out ok. :confused:

Mine says GeForce 9600GT OC 512MB 07/06/2009

=/

Oh well, I was going to resell them anyways... -_- actually I was gonna put them in some cheap builds, either way this will just save me some time later on down the road...

Just gonna cancel, I believe it'll be automatic if I don't call, but I'm going to just to double-check.

You're kidding.... what the heck, Shane????

Isn't this your thread? When I ordered my cards it was early in the promo, and it never said ANYTHING about back ordered cards, or anything not ready to ship. The estimated dates were all quite normal.

The 24th DEFINITELY puts some of us out of range of sending in the rebates, and that's assuming they don't get pushed back AGAIN, which has been known to happen with Dell.

I should've known better than to order something from Dell's store in the first place, but where our friend from Galaxy was backing this promo up, I figured we'd come out ok. :confused:

It's not so much Shane's fault as Dell's, but that doesn't really help my mood about the situation.

WTF?

What's with all of these threads on hot ass deals on gpus? Just wait a week or two, prices will come down either further!!

WTF?

What's with all of these threads on hot ass deals on gpus? Just wait a week or two, prices will come down either further!!

I bought a 680i sli board just for these video cards. So the fact of the matter is that I invested more money just for this deal and am now taking it up the rear.

my 9600gt got pushed back to 7-13, going to cancel because by that time the price I paid will no longer be a good price.

Now it's getting ridiculous. After complaining to their CS dept, they're claiming my order has shipped. Even though I got a notification today that it was delayed and would be cancelled/not shipped without my permission.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I see that you are not satisfied with the level of service you have received from the Dell. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that we will look into this issue and will work on making improvements based on your feedback.

As per order details I see that your order number 759472883 has shipped and is with UPS for delivery. Your tracking number is 8W090Y0301293692 and the current estimated delivery date for your order is on or before 06/24/2009. Since the order has shipped, it is quite possible that you might receive the order well before the given delivery date. Please wait 24-48 hours for this information to be updated on the carrier website. If you do not receive the package by the estimated delivery date, please contact Dell.

My Response:

I don't understand how this is possible as I received a notice today that my shipment would be delayed and has not shipped yet... and the UPS shipping method is supposed to be 3-5 day shipping.

Your order has been further delayed due to a supply shortage and we need your permission today to continue processing it (as required by the Federal Trade Commission).

ACTION REQUIRED: please contact us today (by 9pm CST tonight) to continue with your order that has a new Revised Estimated Delivery Date (see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below).
We must receive your permission today or your order will automatically be cancelled.

It’s easy to provide permission! Simply send an email today to [email protected]
stating that you are giving us permission to continue processing this order
(please include your order number in the e-mail) or call us at 1-877-868-3355 (8am - 9pm CST).

I did not authorize Dell to continue processing my order at any time during the day today, and this just further goes to show nothing seems accurate at all with the order, and the details/information dell has consistently provided me.

I got that notice today too. It also happened to me when they had the $20 360 controllers a few months ago. I think they do that just to get as many people to cancel as possible because they are losing money. As soon as I told them to continue my shipment was sent the next day on the controllers even though it said one month.

Now I'm even more confused... I just got a package with a 9800GT in it... I did order one, aswell as a 9600Gt

But not even 20 minutes ago I got a call from Dell asking me if I wanted to cancel my order or not, and I cancelled it.

Wat.

Yeah they just re-affirmed my order was 'shipped' .. guess they can see something I can't, and I guess their 3-5 day ups shipping is a crock.

Now I'm even more confused... I just got a package with a 9800GT in it... I did order one, aswell as a 9600Gt

But not even 20 minutes ago I got a call from Dell asking me if I wanted to cancel my order or not, and I cancelled it.

Wat.
i guess when my package comes i should call and cancel the order? :D

Nah, I just checked mine.
They just cancelled the 9600GT half of the order...

It's now updated and I'm getting charged $72 ish vs. $120, and it shows as "shipped"

Atleast now I can print out the invoice / cut the UPC and send out the rebate eh? =)

I think they sold a lot more 9600GT's then the other ones... and Galaxy just doesn't have enough tos end to Dell right now.

Sucks.. :(

But I got a buyer for my 9800GT already... I'll make like $5-8 after I get the rebate back (that is, assuming I get it ) heh...

Wow. The 9800GT showed up today. And holy smokes, what version did you guys get? Mine says "low power version" and doesn't even need the six pin connector. Is this really the case? And do these perform equal to normal versions? If so, that's pretty awesome.

I'm kinda bummed about the 9600. I was going to use the 9800 for physx and give the 9600 to my brother, or vice versa - depends on nice he is to me. :D

So should I just cancel hte 9600GT part of the order?

Thanks, Shane (and Dell) for getting us our 9800GT's anyways. That was a nice surprise today. Now I can send my 295 in for much needed repair...

The one I got moved the PCI-E to the top... it's kinda weird... but it had HDMI, VGA and DVI...

Actually I noticed that same sticker on the box... that's true...

So at 12:55am they sent me an email saying my cards shipped yesterday with an estimated arrival date of today... :confused:

Last edited:
And you complain because....?

I wonder where it shipped from.

Well I dunno that that was really a complaint.. more a befuddlement.. considering, ya know, they sent me a msg yesterday saying my order would be further delayed and I'd have to agree in order for my order to ship "in accordance with the FTC" (which I never did) otherwise it would be canceled. And also considering my "Est ship date" yesterday was 6/24.. maybe they just use a random date generator :D

Well I dunno that that was really a complaint.. more a befuddlement.. considering, ya know, they sent me a msg yesterday saying my order would be further delayed and I'd have to agree in order for my order to ship "in accordance with the FTC" (which I never did) otherwise it would be canceled. And also considering my "Est ship date" yesterday was 6/24.. maybe they just use a random date generator :D

According to my emails and Dell's site, the only thing that has shipped, as far as I can tell, is the 9800GT. Funny that they would pay the extra $$ to send two boxes. Nice that they at least sent the one they had, though. Although It said that it shipped out yesterday, even though it arrived yesterday. They are so confusing and messed up I actually feel kind of sorry for them.

We shall see what happens, I guess... still wondering - to cancel or not to cancel. I guess I'll wait until the point of no return on the rebates.

Now, the 6 pin power connecter is present on my card, even though the box and documentation claim I don't need to connect anything. Will I be just fine running it without extra power? And performance-wise, will I see a little more performance if it's plugged in? Power shouldn't be an issue with PCI-E 2.0 - I've read it can suck to much power and possibly harm a 1.1 slot without the external power.

Any thoughts?

Back