Hot deal or not? Save $100 on the iRiver H10 5gig player, but...

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
EDIT: I hope I didn't break any rules by posting this, after all it's not some crazy scheme to get a free ipod for nothing.

First 1000 to sign up for "Napster to go" for 1 year get a free iRiver H10 5gig player.

The H10 costs alone $280, the 1 year subscription costs $180. So it's like your getting an H10 for $100 less and a bonus full year of Napster to Go.

I assume the first 1000 purchases hasn't past yet as they haven't pulled the offer. If I were to pay and find out the first 1000 already passed, I'd be pissed as there is no indication this can happen.

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.napster.com/special_offer.html

Remember napster to go is special WMAs with encription and only play on supported players. Once you stop paying for the service the songs you dl become inactive.

What do you guys think of this? Even if you don't care about the ulimited access to napster for 1 year the player is worth the trouble.

This H10 is cool player, with color screen and photo support, you can display album covers when playing a song and such.

Info on the player:
http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H10_5GB_Silver/4505-6490_7-31256869.html

Napster ruins the music industry with ploys like that. Thats why I hardly buy CD's anymore anyways... its not like my money goes to them anyway (MAYBE 50Cents per album....), But I always see them live, since thats where they make their money anyways...

After a year they become inactive? You pay for it, you should do what you please, I dont see how anyone would pay for somehting they can only use for a little while before Napster is all like wtfpwnednubkthxbai.

Looks like it is dead already. Would have been a good deal. I would have never used the napster service, just the free iriver

Darn, I thought I'd sleep on it, but I guess that 1000 did go pretty fast. I'll just have to keep the Sandisk 512mb player I bought last week.

And to the poster that didn't like it. No ones forcing you. I don't see anything bad about this. Other services will follow and then the $15 a month will go lower like the battle of Netflix and Blockbuster. Right now it's microsofts technology on the encription, so I don't think they'll share it with apple for itunes, they'll have to develop their own to stay in business.

Later when more mp3s are support this, and those media players for your home stereo, it's going to be real popular. Why pay $15 a month for 15 tracks when you can have access to 1 million songs. Fill up a 40gig player for $15 a month instead costing $10,000. And it's even better for a family, wouldn't you like to tell your son he could have something like 5000 of his favorite songs on his player for $15 a month?

I don't like the whole idea of renting music, but the $15 a month is just low enough to be worth it. People pay more for adult sites, or the cost of a MMORPG, but you have access to over a million songs.

Maybe they'll do another promotion for a free player next week.

Back