Hot Deal on X-Fi Platinum 78.99 AR

Now it's between that and the $129 no rebate X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS at Fry's for me. :( And I have 30 minutes to decide. Cry!

This is better. It has the front panel, but no useless Xram. It's also cheaper.

I just pulled the trigger. Crossing over to the dark side. (Creative) what next? (Intel CPU? Nvidia graphics?) Time to retire the Santa Cruz, still a good card after the last loyal 7 years.

This is better. It has the front panel, but no useless Xram. It's also cheaper.

the fry's deal has the xfi fatality with the front panel, but considering after MIR this is $80, $50 less than the fry's deal definitely makes this hot!

Well after the deal went dead real fast over at Fry's with the same rebate. I was hoping that someone else would get the same rebate deal. I got lucky and ran across it at Newegg. So I'm very happy a great deal, and an even better place Newegg.

Makes me wonder why there have been so many huge rebates on Creative's flagship consumer sound cards lately...and why Frys discontinued the Platinum edition...

Can anyone definitively state whether or not Creative has resolved the problems with popping and other glitches (especially with Nforce4 motherboards)? Some have said that Creative offers a firmware update that fixes the problem, but others state that it is a hardware problem. Anyone in the know?

I can get the xtreme music for $69 is that a good deal? Newegg has the XtremeGamer Fatal1ty for $125, but is it really worth the Xram??

I can get the xtreme music for $69 is that a good deal? Newegg has the XtremeGamer Fatal1ty for $125, but is it really worth the Xram??

xtreme musics can be found at that price at a lot of places. and considering you can get the x-fi platinum for $10 more after the rebate makes the platinum the better choice. if its the fatality with the i/o panel than $125 is a good price. xram has proven to be pretty useless in most apps, but minus the xram its still similar to the platinum.

Guess I need to look at more places. The fatality is $125 without the I/O panel. I guess I will just get the xtreme music. I'm not a fan of waiting for a rebate unless it was for something like RAM.

thanks!

Edit - It looks like the xtreme audio is the one that goes for around 50-70, the xtreme music goes for a little more.

just curious.. what's the difference between

the Audigy ZS Platinum and this one? I know for one, there is the 24 bit crstallizer, but is there anything else that's worth checking out?

just curious.. what's the difference between

the Audigy ZS Platinum and this one? I know for one, there is the 24 bit crstallizer, but is there anything else that's worth checking out?

Pros: Higher quality DACs, more powerful processor on the X-Fi. Sound quality is rated a bit higher.

Cons: Audigy 2 ZS card has more jacks on the back, so if you don't have an I/O drive model, it is more flexible in connectivity. Audigy 2 ZS costs quite a bit less if you go used, and is still a reasonable card.

Excellent deal,I would go for it in a heartbeat,if I didnt already have one. :) You will not be dissapointed,its a damn good sound card !

I already have one and have no need for a second but I bit on this anyway. Damn you OP :D
Maybe the carpc can run this?

Thanks, I was just about to pull the trigger on the $90 XtremeMusic. The platinum ends up costing less plus you get a remote and the drive bay.

Ignore, just noticed it bumped and way back from January.

[--Hmm.. from the link in the first post,

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:"

Dead?--]

My rebate just came in today, their tracking website never showed any information on my rebate.

Rebate check finally came today. 3 months, what a joke. Atleast I got it.

Back