hot deal on ati AGP cards

Journier said:
OMFG, they are out of the x800xl

OMFG, i was about to order one earlier, before i left my house, but said ill do it when i get home!!!

Now its gone, i dont even see it on the website now? and its off the clearance list :(

bah, i guess ill have to get the x850 :( what a bummer

x800xt AIW is available for under $150 if you shop around a bit.

Just to let you guys know, I ordered the 850 pro and flashed it to the 850XT Bios and now have all 16 pipes plus running cool at 550/570.

Only thing I had to do was to use atitool to control the fan as the BIOS upgrade knocked the fan control off.

Very happy for a minimum investment, it is running better then my non OC 6800 Ultra (cannot OC at all)

as always YMMV ;)

just got mine today guys!

x850 pro.

overclocked decently well

i havent changed the heatsink on the vid card, but im thinking about it :(

the overclock is as follows..

554 core

547 memory

hits 66 degree's with load
idles at 40 degree's

so far its benchmarking out faster that x800's :/

very decent overclock i assume, nothing like the above poster though :)

hmmm... looking at ATITOOL and the one website
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/1

where they say that if you have the F's in the correct position you can unlock...

well mine has the F's in the correct position...

does this mean anything? or is there something else i should look at :)

i really want to try unlocking this and seeing what it can do, / buying new heatsink/fan for it.

I'm looking in the clearance section and I'm seeing none of these bad boys still available. Where can I go to get the same price for the same hardware? I'm on a 9800 pro and want a kick in the pants for the next year before I upgrade.

My F's were in the right place before I flashed mine to standard XT speeds (read not PE). I set mine at below PE speeds just to be safe, haven't really tried the peak OC on the card yet and probably won't as the speeds it is running at are better then my failing Ultra6800 were at.

I would recommend that you purchase the 850pro as it looks like they are shipping unlockable pipes. The only draw back is you will loose some fan control and the memory is 2.0 and not 1.6 though mine clocks as 1.6.

Hope this help some of you on the fence on what to buy.

:)

my serial number is 180615, and theres another guy on tomshardware with same serial number saying his unlocked hmm :)

to the guy who cant find it on the ATI clearance center!

do a search on the ATI website, for x850

you can find it that way. still the same price, but just taken out of the clearance area.

the x800xl's are all gone, but meh, the x850 pro's are overclocking to the same performance it seems.

hey sgt, rock what serial number was yours?

Can't seem to find the X850's anymore. Now that I hear they are unlockable I want to pick up another card for my secondary rig.

Sgt Rock said:
My F's were in the right place before I flashed mine to standard XT speeds (read not PE). I set mine at below PE speeds just to be safe, haven't really tried the peak OC on the card yet and probably won't as the speeds it is running at are better then my failing Ultra6800 were at.

I would recommend that you purchase the 850pro as it looks like they are shipping unlockable pipes. The only draw back is you will loose some fan control and the memory is 2.0 and not 1.6 though mine clocks as 1.6.

Hope this help some of you on the fence on what to buy.

:)

It just depends. On THG's boards, it was completely random...some got older versions which can be unlocked, and others got newer ones. Then again, some have indicated they could OC the 850's enough that they were at least as good as the XLs OCed, even if they couldn't unlock the pipes.

Just received a refurb 9600SE for my 1337 HTPC h4x0r1n6 rig and got a coupon code giving you 5% off an order of $149 or more: '1439'

Happy shopping to you!

just bought an X800XT AIW with the tradeup program but now its not on the list anymore for the tradeup credit...

could someone post or email me the PDF for the older rebate form please if you have one on your computer.

Thanks.

Back