HOT: Asus PCE-AC68 1900AC Wireless PCI-E Card $30.23 + Tax

Iceshot

Limp Gawd
M3LNR4JhIoHJdW6S_500.png

Just picked one up. Vendor has shipped mine out and it is in transit. Has the nice triple magnetic antenna base. Personally own 3 of these and all have been great. They sell on Amazon for approx $85 so $30.23 + tax is a steal!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-802-11ac-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1900-PCI-E-Adapter/39796494

To be fair, new Walmart marketplace vendor with no feedback as of yet. I paid with Paypal so between Walmart and Paypal worse I'm out is a little time while they process a refund.

While that's a good deal on this.... That's one hell of an ugly setup...

I used one of these for a while was very happy with performance. I think mine did about 280mbps from a unifi AP in my garage.

Nice, i grabbed a couple TP link AC1300 cards last month for $20 a piece and thought that was a great deal. This is hot.

I hope none of you ordered this. Vendor mailed me a small non retail "empty" box. Of course Walmart refunded me in full for this fraud attempt, but a waste of time nonetheless. Should have known price was too good to be true. Sorry guys, this ones no good....

I hope none of you ordered this. Vendor mailed me a small non retail "empty" box. Of course Walmart refunded me in full for this fraud attempt, but a waste of time nonetheless. Should have known price was too good to be true. Sorry guys, this ones no good....

I did... ugh. Geez my expected delivery date is 11/3 why would mine take so much longer to get here lol?

I bought one of these 3 years ago to get my wife by while LAN was being fished about in the walls at our residence and it worked fine albeit the oem cables are too short if you are a tall person with a proper desk. They're called desktops but I haven't been able to swing getting her to not put them on the floor yet.

I don't understand the purpose of these, like if your wifi is that bad that you need crazy awesome receiver card, why not just spend the money on better wifi signal (unifi wap for example) and get a cheap usb wifi card?

Because it was fast, hook it to a 3x3 ac ap was faster than any usb wnic for sale in my town on the day in question by a healthy margin.

I don't understand the purpose of these, like if your wifi is that bad that you need crazy awesome receiver card, why not just spend the money on better wifi signal (unifi wap for example) and get a cheap usb wifi card?

AC1300 and AC1900 wifi cards destroy usb receivers speed wise.

I did... ugh. Geez my expected delivery date is 11/3 why would mine take so much longer to get here lol?

Let us know if you actually got a retail new PCE-AC68 card or if the vendor attempted to screw you over as well. To get a prompt refund and NOT have to screw around waiting while I send back / RMA an "empty" box, I escalated my case to 2nd level Walmart Customer Care. The 1st level does not have the authority to spare you the nonsense of being forced to return a empty box to get your refund. Fingers crossed it was an "honest" mistake but I doubt it. Let us know how yours turns out....

Let us know if you actually got a retail new PCE-AC68 card or if the vendor attempted to screw you over as well. To get a prompt refund and NOT have to screw around waiting while I send back / RMA an "empty" box, I escalated my case to 2nd level Walmart Customer Care. The 1st level does not have the authority to spare you the nonsense of being forced to return a empty box to get your refund. Fingers crossed it was an "honest" mistake but I doubt it. Let us know how yours turns out....

Will do, just have to wait over a week till i get it apparently.

I got my order today. It was just an empty shipping box. It came from:
Fulfillment Department
9800 T C B BLVD # 353
CHATSWORTH CA 91311

Went to Walmart.com's Help Center to chat with an agent. Seeing what they can do. I'll update with an edit. Feel free to use my case number as a reference.

Last part from Walmart chat 11/5/2018:
Jude Thaddeus P: Thank you for patiently waiting, Ebon. I have successfully reviewed your order.
In order to receive the best assistance regarding your order from Total Parts Marketplace, allow me a few moments to escalate this issue directly to them. You should receive a response via email or phone call within 1 business day.

Yes, I can provide you the transcript of our conversation, Ebon. Here it is 181105-042380. This will serves as a basis for future review of this issue, Ebon.

Last edited:
I got my order today. It was just an empty shipping box. It came from:
Fulfillment Department
9800 T C B BLVD # 353
CHATSWORTH CA 91311

Went to Walmart.com's Help Center to chat with an agent. Seeing what they can do. I'll update with an edit.
oh wow that is so lame! :/
I got the AC88 on my basement HTPC and it is fantastic with my xr500. I get downloads around 850Mb where upstairs wired I get about 930Mb so not too far from it.

My order number was 5621887-870853. Was given a full refund same day I reported problem and did NOT have to RMA an empty box to get it. 2nd level Walmart Customer service agent was able to verify shipping weight was only 4oz and knew on this fact alone the merchant was scamming.

I've used one of these for nearly 5 years for my gaming rig. Couldnt be bothered to run ethernet in a rental or after my move into a home. Surprisingly, it picked up a 5GHz signal about 25 feet away and through a carpeted floor with less jitter than a powerline ethernet adapter.

Back