HOT - Android Market: 10 Billion Promo - 10 Days of 0.10 Premium Android Apps

really? i just paid $2 for Swiftkey last week.....o well worth the $2 for sure

edit: ended up with: Minecraft, Endomondo, and that tower defense game

Last edited:
WOW! This is an awesome deal, and a great way to initiate people to buy apps.

Somehow I had missed it, thanks op!

glwg paper camera minecraft already had fieldrunners

EDIT can't wait to see whats instore for the rest of the week.

Seriously need to re-root my phone though, some of those permission requests make me shudder.

Seriously need to re-root my phone though, some of those permission requests make me shudder.

Yeah GLWG has me worried "Discover Known Accounts - Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the device." I bought it but I immediately uninstalled for now.
SoundHound - Phone number of connected calls and GPS location. Why?

Last edited:
how do you go about blocking its ability to see other accounts ?

Man, some great deals here. I've got to remember to check this everyday.

Ha, my OG droid running minecraft is pretty bad.

Anyway, I'm in for several of these apps. I mean, at $.10 how could I pass these up.

Hey Guy's I was trying to get Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD for when I get my new phone but it says that its incompatible any way around that?

Just if anyone is wondering I called and the Answer is no you can't.

It ok I will still love you GOOGLE!

Dumb question, but is it .10 per device? It is asking if I want to send it to my phone or tablet - I'd like both!

Picked SwiftKey and fieldrunners from Amazon for free earlier this year, love them both I actually bought them now. On a side note how do I get rid of them from showing up in amazon because it wants me to "update"

So is swype compareable to swiftkey? Or is swiftkey that much better?
Im thinking of just buying all these apps. At this price its kind of like why not?

Im thinking of just buying all these apps. At this price its kind of like why not?
Haha! I started off just downloading a couple but started thinking the same thing! I've gotten 8 of the 10 now.

much better IMHO, well worth the $2 i spent last week, and would have been worth the $4 it is normally.

Thanks OP for the heads up on this deal. Fieldrunners is alot of fun.

I will be stocking up on apps over the next 10 days.

I own a Kindle Fire got in this deal before it was posted here. The lame part is that Asfault 6 does not work on the Kindle even though the marketplace declares that it does. glad I only paid 10c for because I can't refund it within the 15min.

device-2011-12-06-233442.jpg

I find the really lame because why would it let you download it if it does not work...

I purchased the Fieldrunners HD game, and now when I try to install it it says my device's storage is full. There is 1.3 GB free on the phone itself and almost nothing on it (wiped it not long ago to install CM7).

Phone is a Fascinate.

EDIT: Says the same thing about GLWG...Minecraft installed just fine, though.

I purchased the Fieldrunners HD game, and now when I try to install it it says my device's storage is full. There is 1.3 GB free on the phone itself and almost nothing on it (wiped it not long ago to install CM7).

Phone is a Fascinate.

EDIT: Says the same thing about GLWG...Minecraft installed just fine, though.

I had problems saying "error: cannot install to sd card". I had 13gb free, I ended up having to unmount the sd card install the app then mount the sd card again.

I think my sd card is going bad though since md5 sum of files will change when I put files on the card and I cant really record any videos longer than 30 seconds or they become corrupt.

Sweet. Picked up SoundHound, SwiftKey X, Field Runner, and Minecraft. I was gonna get SwiftKey a while ago when my buddy showed me it at the bar one night, but then I got drunk and forgot all about it.

[e]Decided to get Great Little War Game as well...so hard to resist $0.10.

Last edited:
Updated with new list, already have Beautiful Widgets at this price it is a streal.

Different apps show up for me on the website vs my actual phone
I had to reboot my phone for the market to update for some reason, damn caching.

So... Do the apps change or are these it?
They will change daily, thought they would update at like midnight West Coast time but appears that was not the case, either way posted the new dailys.

Last edited:
Will these apps work on a tablet? I don't have an android phone, but I have an Android tablet on the way, do you know if there's any way to purchase some of these apps before it arrives?

Should I rush down to Best buy and purchase a new tablet, get my gmail on it, purchase the apps, then switch my gmail account over to the new tablet when it arrives?

This is really lame how they won't let me purchase. The error message says "You do not have any Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."

*edit* Google will not allow android app purchases if you don't have an android device. I'd have to associate my gmail with an android tablet to make a purchase. Lame.

Last edited:
So far...

• Flick Golf!
  • Beautiful Widgets
  • AirSync by doubleTwist
  • Reckless Racing
  • Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD
  • Minecraft - Pocket Edition
8 more days to go of this buying spree :D

Another 10¢ today.

Talk about nickel and diming people...

:D

For those Android users out there, today Google started their "10 Billion Promo" to celebrate 10 billion downloads on the Android Market.
They will be offering 10 days of premium apps for 10 cents each, and it looks like it will be 10 apps per day, this is a pretty slick idea if I do say so myself.
https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion

I have already spent 0.30 oh lawd.
*hopes for flight track pro to go on sale.*

THANK YOU OP. I wouldn't have even payed any attention to this if you hadn't made this thread. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.:D

Glad to see that yesterday's deals are still live. I wanted to get Swiftkey, the kids coloring one, and from today, Beautiful Widgets.

Interesting I did not know that. But what what would stop them from trying with a five dollar charge?

Most people don't pay enough attention to their account to notice charges of a few cents here and there, however a few dollars might be noticible.

They are hoping you DON'T notice, so are going to keep hitting you for small amounts.

Dammit, this sale made me spend $0.60 yesterday and another $0.20 today

At this rate, i'll go broke in 100 years............

Reporting in. WOW. I can't believe how nice some of these apps are. (not a knock on apple) I keep hearing that android has crappy apps and i have played some iphone games and they are nice but damn if some of these 10 cent apps aren't decent. Golf app is awesome and i'm downloading great little war game right now :)

The Star Chart app is breathtaking if you are a space nut like myself. I had no idea my old G2 could make stuff look that purdy.

Reporting in. WOW. I can't believe how nice some of these apps are. (not a knock on apple) I keep hearing that android has crappy apps and i have played some iphone games and they are nice but damn if some of these 10 cent apps aren't decent. Golf app is awesome and i'm downloading great little war game right now :)

I might get the golf app but GLWG i F^&&&% suck at it..... I always suck at these turn by turn based games i want to throw my phone at the wall:mad:.

I might get the golf app but GLWG i F^&&&% suck at it..... I always suck at these turn by turn based games i want to throw my phone at the wall:mad:.

same here man :) this one has a bit of polish to it seems like you are a bit more relaxed and have control of the ball in the air and when it lands so technique is actually useful

What's cool is that all of yesterday's apps seemed to still be on sale up until about 7 minutes ago. I was going through buying a bunch, but I didn't get to Swiftkey X Keyboard in time, it was 0.10$ when I clicked buy, but showed up as $3.99 when I went to click finish purchase.

Oh well, I like Swype well enough!

Back