*HOT* AMD Phenom X4 9750 = $59

At stock speeds the
Phenom I x 4 9750 (2.4 ghz, 2 mb l3 cache, 65 nm)
and the
Athlon II x4 620 (2.6 ghz, 0 mb l3 cache, 45 nm)
are about the same speed

http://anandtech.com/bench/default.aspx?p=22&p2=106&c=1

If you overclock the Athlon II x4 will be faster. If you keep the chip at the stock speed they are about the same speed. The Athlon II x4 due to it being a 45 nm chip requires less power and creates less heat.

I don't need it, but I still want one... 4 cores for $60!

If you overclock the Athlon II x4 will be faster. If you keep the chip at the stock speed they are about the same speed. The Athlon II x4 due to it being a 45 nm chip requires less power and creates less heat.
Actually, at stock the Athlon II is slightly faster, and can overclock significantly better too.

Yeah, this is a really good buy. Not an efficient chip, but definitely fast as heck for $60!

Actually, at stock the Athlon II is slightly faster, and can overclock significantly better too.

No the 620 is about the same speed of the 9750 (look at the benchies I provided). The thing that the 620 are faster with are things that can care less about cache (such as video rendering) and more about plain ghz. And the opposite is true with the 9750.

Now the 630 and 640 are faster than the 9750, but I didn't compare it against all Athlon IIs but instead a specific model which is the slowest of the Athlon II.

Yes, the 620 is ever so slightly faster. Especially in the benches near the bottom of the list.

Now the 630 and 640 are faster than the 9750, but I didn't compare it against all Athlon IIs but instead a specific model which is the slowest of the Athlon II.
I feel it's a fair comparison since the 620 is also nearing this price with specials and deals, since the release of the 635 has pushed the 620 and 630 each down a price point.

Yes, the 620 is ever so slightly faster. Especially in the benches near the bottom of the list.

I feel it's a fair comparison since the 620 is also nearing this price with specials and deals, since the release of the 635 has pushed the 620 and 630 each down a price point.

where can you find 630 and 620 for $59 shipped?

tempted... very tempted...

Have an Athlon X2 BE2400 in HTPC. Chose that CPU for the low power.

Now that I've switched from onboard 8200 GPU to an ATI HD5670, I'm more tempted to get the quad, and open up the option of light gaming on the HTPC and 50" plasma... ;)

I have the 9850BE that I use for light gaming on my HTPC with the 8200 + 9800gtx+ Hybrid SLI and it does decent enough, But I'm very tempted to pick this up since this one has a TDP of 95w as opposed to mine with 125w. Should see no real differnce in processing power but a noticable amount on heat output. Oh, plus don't forget bing cash back is 8.5% and if you order over $100 it's free shipping. So if you buy two it brings the total cost down to $54 a piece shipped after BCB.

Hey Wjogert, which Plasma? I've got mine hooked up to a Samy PN50A510 and curious what you thought of the swap to the HD5670 from the 8200, seriously considering this myself also.

Ah yes, the wonderful Fry's B&M deals that are very limited in usefulness when comparing online deals

now if I could pair that up with a cheap mobo and some DDR2 I could have quite the upgrade to my current system for cheap ...

Two Questions:

1.I heard the Original Phenoms had a bunch of bugs. Is that the case? Is this one going to be stable?

2. Im trying to get BCB to show, but Its not working. Any ideas?

fort he most part, the 9#00 had bugs while the 9#50's did not.

Search "Tiger Direct Phenom" gave me 15% BCB link. :)

Now need to decide whether to pull the trigger!! LOL

Back