HOT! AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 $74.99 FS Newegg NL

WOW, great freakin deal, I needed this too!!!!! Thanks

btw, this is better than the 5000+ black edition for the same price right?

ive never owned one...just siftin the the email and spotted it!

might wait for another person to come in and let you know :)

(and IIRC with the BE 5000 you have to buy a hsf...this comes with a HSF)

WoW!!! Great fucking deal! I have this processor and its never let me down. Good find OP!

also we were talking about the 6000+ vs the 5000 BE and since they can generally hit the same MHZ and the 5000 BE is a 65W CPU than it is the better CPU due to heat output.

just what i heard, take it or leave it

The 5000 Be has 2x512 l2 where the 6000 has 2x1. Just my 2 cents.

I've had the 6000+ chip for quite a while and it's a great performer. I didn't know much about these 'black' processors, so I checked out a review at tomshardware. I know, they're not the best review site...but anyway.

From the results in overclocking, I gathered that the black 5000 would have to be overclocked to 3.1ghz to be competitive with the 6000 at general tasks, but would still be 2.5% slower on average. It would need to be at 3.3ghz to be competitive in games with the 6000, but would still be slightly slower on average in games.

The 3.1ghz speed could be had without voltage tweaks, but the 3.3ghz required a .1v bump. Also, 3.3ghz was the highest they achieved with air-cooling. Read the article, or others, and decide for yourself if it's worth it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-overclocker,1708.html

I get the newsletter, but I haven't seen one in over a week or two. This looks to be a killer deal on an AMD chip.

Except this is 125W, whereas the 5000+ BE is 65W. I would definitely go with the BE for cooler temps. Plus, the BE can hit 3.2GHz effortlessly on stock cooling.

3.2Ghz on the BE is going to raise it well beyond 65w as well. Good deal in my book. May just have to pick one up.

True, but at least you can remove the overclock if you want to instead of underclocking.

It's a good deal though.

All these people talking about lower watts... I hope you realize that after you overclock the 5000+ it is no longer 65watts (not that it was exactly 65 to begin with). It will be a bit lower than the 6000 because its 65nm but its also a bit slower because it has less cache. The wattage to performance with the min vcore it can scrape by with is probably darn close. I'd take a bit faster for a bit more wattage (*cough, just like overclocking)

All these people talking about lower watts... I hope you realize that after you overclock the 5000+ it is no longer 65watts (not that it was exactly 65 to begin with). It will be a bit lower than the 6000 because its 65nm but its also a bit slower because it has less cache. The wattage to performance with the min vcore it can scrape by with is probably darn close. I'd take a bit faster for a bit more wattage (*cough, just like overclocking)

Even with a modest over clock and a small vcore bump how do you figure these start approaching 125W?:confused: Curious because I have one at 3.1Ghz with vcore at 1.45.

Code worked for me (subscriber). Gonna be a Father's Day present for the old man lol. Should keep him from whining about speed for a day or two.

I'm in for one as well. A very very solid $/value ratio...especially for a moderate gaming rig for games which desire dual core performance.

Even with a modest over clock and a small vcore bump how do you figure these start approaching 125W?:confused: Curious because I have one at 3.1Ghz with vcore at 1.45.

Calculator I found on google says you are at about 104 Watts if you go by AMDs rated 65 watts. Im not really sure how they claim processors ranging across 600mhz all consume.

Know those dinky little 790X boards that dont support 125watt processors? I blew one up really fast with my chip at 3.0 with 1.45 vcore ;) probably not the best to judge by though since its common knowledge those boards fry if you demand much from em.

Yes, 65nm chips do use less power at a given voltage and mhz, but they by no means stay anywhere near their rated "65 watts" once the overclocking starts.

Done ordered to upgrade the game rig from x2 5400+ and that will be going into the server and replacing x2 5200+ and it will go up for sale. LOL Upgrading two computers and not spending anything.

i had a 6000+. glad i sold it for 85 like i did ;) :p

good thing i didn't wait longer :D

Sorry guys it was my fault. It litterly went up last night after I made my purchase of one. LOL My bad.

Newegg is good about doing this. If they see the demand go up on an item, they raise the price. The trick is to get in early.

Newegg is good about doing this. If they see the demand go up on an item, they raise the price. The trick is to get in early.
The thing is they have a set time to kill promo codes and deals. They shouldn't do stuff like this. Eh it could be tiger and not even get wtf you order. BURN TIGER.:mad:

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH NEWEGG CHARGING TAXES NOW IN NY???? :mad:

Read the news much? Your good ole state is now charging sales tax on ANY internet order if it goes to a NY destination. Amazon is fighting over it I believe and so will a bunch of other online shops.

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH NEWEGG CHARGING TAXES NOW IN NY???? :mad:
democrat gov'ner for ya...

Promo code still works btw... price still at the $10 hiogher $125. comes to $90.94 w/ 7% NJ tax but free 3day (next day to NJ) shipping is still a great deal.

I can't believe anybody would buy a 125w 3GHz chip at this price when the 45w 2.5GHz Athlon is only $88. The power savings way, way, way more than makes up for a measly 500MHz.

Because the cpu was only 75 now 85 so its still cheaper the the 2.5 and will outperform the 2.5 regardless of wattage.

I acknowledged that it is cheaper. But in case you didn't know, electricity isn't free either.

I wouldn't even be bringing this up if it were a 65-90w part. But 125w? When a 45w part is available that has nearly the same overclocking potential and costs practically the same? That's just stupid, sorry.

I acknowledged that it is cheaper. But in case you didn't know, electricity isn't free either.

I wouldn't even be bringing this up if it were a 65-90w part. But 125w? When a 45w part is available that has nearly the same overclocking potential and costs practically the same? That's just stupid, sorry.

So, what's your point? Do people buying this harm you in any way? Or do you get off by criticizing other people's buying decisions?

Just doing my part to help the environment.

You see; Needlessly high electric consumption = Bad

lol
<-going to make popcorn this is getting good and funny as hell.

Depending on where you live, you may want to consider using solar heat to pop that.

Depending on where you live, you may want to consider using solar heat to pop that.
Plenty of it here in Texas. LOL I mean you may want to get some wind turbines for that 65w cpu you have since they have a 45w available and all. :rolleyes:

Back