[HOT?] 8700k Tray Processors $356 shipped

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
Caveat Emptor
These are tray processors sold to OEM, and therefore have no Intel warranty, we'd be relying on the warranty of the etailer. Albeit, if you're delidding, or using a delidding service like SiliconLottery.com then you likely aren't going to care to much about the Intel warranty.

Purchase
The processors display Out of Stock, but if you add the item to your cart it shows that the average processing time for the OOS processor [12/12/2017], is 6 to 8 business days -- likely to procure additional stock.

upload_2017-12-12_19-26-59.png

Last edited:
Maybe two days until I got a shipping confirmation. Chip comes wrapped in padding and then placed in a plastic shell box with a rubber band. Typical of an oem tray CPU.

It's a tray CPU, you're not getting Intel's warranty.

My guess would be that you only get Provantage's standard 30 day 100% satisfaction return policy.

From the warranty point, I am a-okay with the 30 day, as I have never had a CPU croak on me that was not due to my own negligence. Even then, that was only once, and I was being foolish with a razor blade and popped off a cap.

It's a tray CPU, you're not getting Intel's warranty.

My guess would be that you only get Provantage's standard 30 day 100% satisfaction return policy.
Yeah, no warranty is bothersome, albeit if it's not DOA it's probably going to hold strong would be my guess -- unless you're doing stuff that would likely void the warranty. If you're delidding, the Intel warrant would be voided anyway.

Back