HOT 500GB $109.99

Supposedly this even has the 5 year warranty. I hope the 750's will start dropping in price like these have!

HOT HOT HOT aand thye are close to me too

Close? Will Fry's Brick and Mortar stores match their online pricing because I know that many times I see them listed higher at my local Fry's vs the online shop. Also, when there is free shipping it makes no sense to even bother going down there.

It's a Maxtor MXT 7H500F0 500GB SATA by the way, since the title lacks it.

Not that anyone's surprised. ;)

To bad I have to pay sales tax, but even at $116 it's a great deal. Ordered! I've still been hanging on to one 80GB IDE drive, but I guess it's going away now. Kinda nostalgic really. :p

80? I just retired an 18gb boot drive from my gaming box:p
amazing how much faster a modern 74gb drive is even though the new one is only 10k rpm

Crap, I just ordered the 400GB Seagate for $99 yesterday. For those still needing PATA drives, they have a 200GB Maxtor for $49 with free shipping. I ordered one of those as well to put in my old computer which I use as a DVR.

To bad I have to pay sales tax, but even at $116 it's a great deal. Ordered! I've still been hanging on to one 80GB IDE drive, but I guess it's going away now. Kinda nostalgic really. :p

Must be something about those 80GB drives then. I've got 3 of them still, two in use. My old system that I use as a DVR has an 80GB WD_SE in it, and a while back when I was sill using that system as my main system I had two 80GB WD_SE drives in it. I have a second system with another 80GB drive in it. I later replace one of the 80GB's with a 120GB and stuck the spare 80GB in a USB enclosure for backup storage. After upgrading to my current system, I put the 120GB in the enclosure for backup and that spare 80GB is now on my shelf next to a still working 8GB drive.

Why does it have to be a Maxtor? I'm holding out for a 7200.10 drive. Good deal though if it's going to be used as an external or strictly for storage.

I popped one of those in a NAS enclosure..... excellent stuff, and a great price too

In for three. I had wanted the samsung because I had heard they were quiter, but ' Ill give these a whirl.

Why does it have to be a Maxtor? I'm holding out for a 7200.10 drive. Good deal though if it's going to be used as an external or strictly for storage.

That's my boat. I'm sticking with my Raptor for my OS drive, but I just need a big sucker to drop stuff into, so this will do nicely. :)

Luckily Fry's distribution center is about 90 miles from here. The last time I ordered with ground shipping, I had it about 30 hours later. :D

I just hit myself in for one... I'll use it as an external drive in an eSATA enclosure for a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD (HD-DVR) to expand its storage :D.

Has it been taking awhile for anyone else to get a confirmation email? I ordered around 4 hours ago, and still haven't gotten anything. Usually it comes about 30 seconds later. I wonder if stock is running low and they don't want to confirm yet. That would suck. :(

Has it been taking awhile for anyone else to get a confirmation email? I ordered around 4 hours ago, and still haven't gotten anything. Usually it comes about 30 seconds later. I wonder if stock is running low and they don't want to confirm yet. That would suck. :(

I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet either :(, and it's been about 35 minutes.

maxtor thats why its not gettin much attention...500gig hdd of other brands (seagate/wd) have better reputation and can be had for an extra 20-30 dollars. ppl are willing to pay that 20-30 dollars for the slight peace of mind that they hdds wont crash and lose 500 gigs of data!!! :eek:

maxtor thats why its not gettin much attention...500gig hdd of other brands (seagate/wd) have better reputation and can be had for an extra 20-30 dollars. ppl are willing to pay that 20-30 dollars for the slight peace of mind that they hdds wont crash and lose 500 gigs of data!!! :eek:

I don't know what the death ratio is on Maxtor but I've never had a problem with their drives. I have some Maxtors that are over 5 years old and they're still kicking, no funny noises and smart still checks out ok. These are drives that I've used for file serving so they have a lot of hours. $110 bucks for 500 gigs is a steal, I'm tempted.

news flash--Seagate owns Maxtor now, so there is a VERY good chance this is a reaedged Seagate.

Just orderd 1 T worth. Now I can finally shut my signature up.

ZMAN

Hah, I'm in the same ballpark. Just ran out of space w/ a little over a TB... putting three of these 500 giggers in RAID 5 for another TB should hold me off for a bit.

I have a couple on the way to add to my collection, the price point per gig is awesome.

I'm thinking of getting 2 more of these so I will have a total of 2TB.

*feels e-penis growing*

zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Heh, my supervisor was just boasting about his half a terabyte for 140.

Just made him very quiet. :D

and so they say it's not a [H]ot deal anymore? You are saying its a (C)old deal? because it went up by ten bucks lol.

Would you buy one for $120 now when you could've bought one for $110 yesterday?
:confused:

I got one. Gotta find a quality USB enclosures. I've had a few HDs die because of cheap ones.

Back