HOT: $395, Panasonic GX1

-rant-

I dont want 16 damn MP. I want great low light performance. Why the hell don't they just make it with 8MP and give it bad-ass low light perf? what percentage of users actually make use of 16MP ?!?

what percentage of users actually make use of 16MP ?!?
Mostly pedophiles that make use of the extra "virtual digital zoom" to inconspicuously crop off-center shots of kids at the playground.

What percentage of Panasonic customers is that? I'm not in marketing, maybe 30% or so. *shrugs*

Mostly pedophiles that make use of the extra "virtual digital zoom" to inconspicuously crop off-center shots of kids at the playground.

The fuck?! You know this from personal experience?

-rant-

I dont want 16 damn MP. I want great low light performance. Why the hell don't they just make it with 8MP and give it bad-ass low light perf? what percentage of users actually make use of 16MP ?!?

While I agree, there are those of us who like a walk around land scape capable camera. Equipped with the right lens, such as the Leica 25mm or the Zuiko 45mm you will get the full reward of your 16MP. 8 MP just doesnt cut it for A3 and up prints. Not in my world, not for anyone slightly serious about IQ.

How loud is the shutter? I know pedophiles only buy cameras that are quiet and quick point and shoots.

select the one with 14-42mm kit lens @ 'Style under the price' and the price become $492.95

Doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me, you can get a refurbished Current Gen DSLR with kit lens for that price (which would be a significant upgrade over this camera by the way) which isn't that much larger in size......

-rant-

Then get a camera with at LEAST an APS-C sensor. Dont be whining about bad high ISO performance when you are on a crappy platform anyways. You could get a Canon T3 in this price range and it would blow this away in low light capability.

Back