HOT! 300GB SATA II @ CompUSA $82.48

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
This drive here is 109.98 in store. Upon being rung up, there's a $27.50 discount. Final price before tax is $82.48. The info on the CompUSA website is wrong, it's not a SATA I, it's a SATA II w / 8mb cache. The Samsung model is HD300LJ.

Stock is limited, you will have to call and speak to a live human to confirm stock. SKU is 338742. The automated stock system does work for this SKU.

Did I miss something? Are SATA III drives coming out in a week or something? It seems like everybody is clearing out their SATA II stock, both of Western Digital and Seagate...Best Buy had that deal last weekend for 500 gig WDs for $160, no rebates or anything.

No I think they may be clearing out the old drives for the new perpendicular drives.

The 320gb Seagate 7200.10 is better because it has a 16MB cache as well compared with the 8MB cache.

I beleive the Seagate CEO recently forecasted a yule-season pricewar amoungst HDD manufacturers for this year in an interview that I read. He expects prices to plane off next year. This should explain all the looneyness in the drive market for now....

NTJedi said:
The 320gb Seagate 7200.10 is better because it has a 16MB cache as well compared with the 8MB cache.
True, but I needed a drive NOW. I wasn't willing to wait until next week.

Back