HOT! $3000 gaming laptop for $2000 at Sager

Yeah, it says $500 off but as I've said, I've been looking around and that laptop costs more from other retailers.

Have you looked at the Gateway FX P-7811? I picked one up a couple weeks ago from Best Buy for $1249 (normally $1449). It has a Centrino 2 Core 2 Duo 2.3GHz CPU, 4GB DDR3, 512MB 9800M, 17-inch screen (1920x1200) and Vista Premium 64-bit. Pretty good deal for the hardware IMHO.

this is a smoking hot deal, is this thing still in stock???

Have you looked at the Gateway FX P-7811? I picked one up a couple weeks ago from Best Buy for $1249 (normally $1449). It has a Centrino 2 Core 2 Duo 2.3GHz CPU, 4GB DDR3, 512MB 9800M, 17-inch screen (1920x1200) and Vista Premium 64-bit. Pretty good deal for the hardware IMHO.

Yep the gateway is a smokin deal.

Hmmm... Having only 200GB HDD and non-Blu-Ray optical drive lessens the deal... But it's definitely one of the top deals. However, I prefer the stability/support/build of Sager... and the price has been bumped to $1450 now.

This laptop is old stock. It's been replaced with the 5796. It's probably why they are priced so low. The blu-ray and 9800M are the only parts that seem to be upgraded.

I'm typing on a 5793 I got in February. It's a fairly well-built and sturdy laptop. The 1920x1200 glossy screen is the best laptop display I've used. The keyboard is very solid and can take considerable abuse. It is fairly loud, the USB ports are in kinda odd spots on the back, and the audio jacks are known to be notoriously frail. Being a desktop replacement it is also heavy and bulky, tho not as much as their higher 92xx models. A personal quirk, tho not one many may find a problem, is the hard drive is really embedded inside the thing. It takes 19 screws to get it out.

(note: the 5793 had to be really maxxed out to cost $3000. Even mine in February with the 2.5Ghz processor and 4GB was only $2400)

Yeah, that's why I love Sager. Try others like Dell/Alienware for a lanning laptop... ugh, the more features you put on, the higher the price goes EXPONENTIALLY.

Bump from a 9262 owner. Sagers kick ass. That 5793 is no slouch, for sure.

you just cannot compare sager to alienware/gateway, etc. in terms of quality

Chassis Color: Orange Trim
- Display: 17" Wide Viewing Angles WSXGA+ LCD with Super Glossy Surface (1680 x 1050)
- Processor: 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9300 / 6MB L2 Cache, 2.50GHz, 800MHz FSB
- Video & Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory
- Operating System: Genuine MS Windows® VISTA Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition
- Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 X 2048MB
- Primary Hard Disk Drive: 320GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive
- Optical Drive: 2X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD±R/2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software
- Wireless Network Card: Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300AGN - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth Module
- Primary Battery: Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
- Integrated Security Device: Fingerprint Reader
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office Ready with Free 60-Day Trial
- Warranty: Sager 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty with Three-Day Shipping Both Ways Paid
- Carrying Bag: Standard Carrying Bag

TOTAL: $1799.00

Here were the main differences I noticed between the base Sager build and the FX-7811:

2.4ghz vs. 2.2ghz

4GB DDR2 (p35 mobo) vs. 4GB DDR3 (p45 mobo)
320GB 7200rpm vs. 200GB 7200rpm
Blu-Ray/DVD+/-R vs. DVD+/-R
Fingerprint reader vs. none

$1499 vs. $1449/1249 (on sale)

All things considered, the Sager is an excellent deal vs. the Gateway when it's not on sale, especially if you want Blu-Ray. I wonder if the Sager has two drive bays like the Gateway...

$200 for a no dead pixel guarantee totally killed it for me. I've sent back 3 total to Dell (I build pc's), without a hassle and at no cost, to get one with no dead pixels.

That's because that's Dell. Personally, Sager has never sent me a single dead pixel laptop nor has it sent anyone I know of with a dead pixel.

all laptop companies buy their lcd screens from the same factory in china, the only thing you have to worry about is which resolution you want

all laptop companies buy their lcd screens from the same factory in china, the only thing you have to worry about is which resolution you want

Yeah, but there's also the question of quality control. They can check more or less thoroughly and that would help determine the number of dead pixels shipped out from laptop company to consumer.

That's because that's Dell. Personally, Sager has never sent me a single dead pixel laptop nor has it sent anyone I know of with a dead pixel.

Honestly, I haven't seen a laptop in a very long time with dead pixels. And that's Dell's, HP's, Acer's, what-have-you.

For those who want Blu-Ray on the Gateway, the $300 Sony NEC Optiarc BC-5500A-01 SLIM 2x Blu-Ray 8x DVD+-RW IDE / PATA is a direct swap out. I haven't jumped on the Blu-Ray bandwagon, but when I do I might pick one of these up for my 7811.

$200 for a no dead pixel guarantee totally killed it for me. I've sent back 3 total to Dell (I build pc's), without a hassle and at no cost, to get one with no dead pixels.

except dell sends you back refurbished screens, not sure about notebooks though.

Just wanted to point out that the discount is $600 now, $100 up from $500. Base configuration is $1499now.

xotic pc is legit, check out their reseller ratings, also check out www.powernotebooks.com

those places allow you to buy without an OS, and powernotebooks is based in Nevada for those in Cali wanting to avoid the state tax

I don't know, spending $2000 on a laptop in which the desktop equivalent is probably a good $1200 cheaper seems some what ridiculous. If you need something for lan, get a shuttle xpc or one of those micro atx cases that has a handle...and use that $1200 you saved to sli / crossfire, or for a better video card.

Laptops are nice when space is limited, imho. Also less annoying with wires and all that. All my friends are still in apartments, so we need all the space we can get. Also, carrying around a monitor, a case, keyboard, mouse, and headphones or speakers is annoying as hell.

I can attest to sager's quality. I had a 5720 for 2 years and it ran great, never giving me any problems.
Support was also surprisingly good.

I can attest to sager's quality. I had a 5720 for 2 years and it ran great, never giving me any problems.
Support was also surprisingly good.

what do you mean you had it? what was the reason why you ended up selling it?

i have the same model and it still works great.

I don't know, spending $2000 on a laptop in which the desktop equivalent is probably a good $1200 cheaper seems some what ridiculous. If you need something for lan, get a shuttle xpc or one of those micro atx cases that has a handle...and use that $1200 you saved to sli / crossfire, or for a better video card.

Laptops are nice when space is limited, imho. Also less annoying with wires and all that. All my friends are still in apartments, so we need all the space we can get. Also, carrying around a monitor, a case, keyboard, mouse, and headphones or speakers is annoying as hell.

I agree that laptops make more sense a lot of times. You're more limited in not being able to upgrade the video card and such, but I'm loving the Gateway P-6860FX I bought a few months ago. It's got enough pep to play CoD4, UT3, FEAR and WoW just fine and is a lot more portable and easier to deal with as well. I'm getting ready to take mine to a LAN party this weekend and I just throw everything in my backpack and go... :cool:

Sorry to be off topic. I hear the Sager's are great and if they're as good or better then my Gateway, I definitely recommend them as portable gaming systems... ;)

Back